"Speeding it up" - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Unofficially the most official unofficial fansite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of "speeding up" the game
Yes 48 22.22%
No 76 35.19%
Too early to have an opinion 85 39.35%
I don't care either way 7 3.24%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-19, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Re: "Speeding it up"

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
LOL
You can't compare BF, CoD, or Halo to the teamwork seen in the original planetside. Thats what the problem is. People like you don't understand what I mean by teamwork. Teamwork is having an organized outfit on team speak preparing for a mission and perfectly executing the outfits goals because everyone puts the outfit before themselves. This is not something you can understand without playing the original ps.
Please don't make it sound as if PS1 was the only game to ever promote teamplay, or that PS1 was the only game with "real" teamwork, because that's just elitist bullshit.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Please don't make it sound as if PS1 was the only game to ever promote teamplay, or that PS1 was the only game with "real" teamwork, because that's just elitist bullshit.
I didn't say that so don't put words in my mouth. It did however achieve a level of teamwork that hasn't been matched in any other game.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I didn't say that so don't put words in my mouth. It did however achieve a level of teamwork that hasn't been matched in any other game.
Level of teamwork in terms of scale, yes, Planetside us unmatched. Level of teamwork in terms of cooperation and putting the team ahead of yourself, no, that happens in any good team of players in a game that has any support of tactical play.

Being one of the larger FPS games after Planetside, Battlefield is actually a good place to find (somewhat) similar experiences to Planetside, even if they pale in comparison to the scale.

Of course, if PS2 achieves their target of 2000 players per continent instead of PS1's 500, PS2 will dwarf the first games scale and perhaps make PS2 players mock the first games pitiful lack of scope. So lets not be too quick to LOL at players from other games.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

You are saying it, you are saying that PS1 is/was the only game with "proper" teamwork/teamplay.

I'd really like to know what makes PS1 superior to any other game that involves working together in a team.

Edit: Just read Xyntechs post and in scale I'd like to name EvE, yes it ain't a shooter, shouldn't matter, has bigger scale in teamwork/teamplay than PS1.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-05-19 at 07:30 PM.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
goneglockin
Sergeant

That's only because in the last few years betas stopped being betas and turned into "check out how awesome our game is"-demos, easily seen in how often you can get into betas nowadays just by preordering.
I complained about the BF3 "demo" on the BF forums and OMG I never heard the end of it. IT's A BETA YOU NOOB!!! ZOMG! I said, the game was releasing in 3 weeks. It is very likely already shrinkwrapped on a pallet in a warehouse somewhere. It's a demo, eat me I said.

I think maybe 1 person had a nagging thought that maybe this was in fact a demo, even though it was being called a "beta" and then went back to calling me a noob.

It went rather well.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
I complained about the BF3 "demo" on the BF forums and OMG I never heard the end of it. IT's A BETA YOU NOOB!!! ZOMG! I said, the game was releasing in 3 weeks. It is very likely already shrinkwrapped on a pallet in a warehouse somewhere. It's a demo, eat me I said.

I think maybe 1 person had a nagging thought that maybe this was in fact a demo, even though it was being called a "beta" and then went back to calling me a noob.

It went rather well.
Man, I kinda dug that dem...beta showed how well balanced even the smaller maps were, with each side having totally equal starting points and like no avantage at all in any way.

Good stuff, proper beta.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post

It went rather well.
I think there is going to be rather large difference between the battlefield 3 beta and what PS2 beta will be.

It'd probably be closer to Tribes: Ascends beta. They share similar payment schemes. For a 60$ game it's important to release a Beta/Demo rather than a long run Beta.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
For a 60$ game it's important to release a Beta/Demo rather than a long run Beta.
Yeah, a demo you more often then not have to pay for.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Not like PS2 is any different in that respect. Will have to buy a Game Informer magazine or pay a few months for a dead game to get into beta.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Toppopia
Major

Not like PS2 is any different in that respect. Will have to buy a Game Informer magazine or pay a few months for a dead game to get into beta.
No you don't have to do that, it just maybe increases your chances of getting into beta by 0.0000000000001%
Old 2012-05-19, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

For a 60$ game it's important to release a Beta/Demo rather than a long run Beta.
Wait...$60?? I thought it was free to play? I mean obviously cost is no issue on wether we will buy it.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
No you don't have to do that, it just maybe increases your chances of getting into beta by 0.0000000000001%
So much better.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Wait...$60?? I thought it was free to play? I mean obviously cost is no issue on wether we will buy it.
Was talking about BF3 there. My bad for the bad formatting.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
goneglockin
Sergeant

More often that not post xbox360. I don't think 7 years of 360 negates more than a decade of PC shareware/demos.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The longer it takes to die, the less individual skill matters. This was no better evidenced than by BFRs where the least capable players could rain havoc on a battlefield with no need to fear anything not as tall as you were.

Decisions matter more when you have less room for mistakes.

PS2 will make many PS1 Elites cry.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion