Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2002-12-30, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Flashingfish
But that's only because you went looking for trouble. Can't you see that? He can't point his gun at you if you are not there.

Defending = To make or keep safe from danger, attack, or harm.

It dosen't mean to render the attacker incapable of attacking, just to keep safe. I.E. to stay away.
If I am not there.. Here is the problem, what if he comes for you?
IT may sound easy to hole up,but think about this... you and your wife, holed up in your room, your kids are down the hall.. you have your gun ready.. you keep the lights off so if the BAD guy does come in, he cant see you till its too late...

The door opens, you fire... and your son lies dead in the door way... he just wanted a drink of water... while the bad guy (if there was one)... gets away..

Nah, I won't shoot till I see ya, and I won't wait for you to come to me. The best way to win, is to take the inititive, otherwise you are reacting, and that is a bigger gamble.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
BonnieDundee
Corporal

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
"I love it when people think age = maturity. Ok so I'm being a bit harsh with that comment, but you've been young, and I'm sure you know a lot about life then"

Good point. I felt ver batim the way you do when I was younger. The point is that age does equal life experience.

Perhaps, but you can still be thick as two short planks, no matter your age.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

cover the stairwell vic
Old 2002-12-30, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

But life experience only presents itself with age. Old people can have no life experience and be stupid. Young people can be smart, but you can't force life experience its not backwards compatible.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-30, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Flashingfish

No it's not. That means someone will get hurt no matter what. If you do like what Bonnie says, to stay holed up away from danger, there is a much higher likelihood that no one will get hurt. And that's a good thing wouldn't you agree?
You are assuming th bad guy is just there for your TV. Its NOt your fualt, as ahomeowner, that the bad guy VOLUNTEERED to get shot, killed, maimed... it was his fault when he entered your residence, he VOLUNTEERED for that.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Good point. I felt ver batim the way you do when I was younger. The point is that age does equal life experience.
Please, don't try to say that just because we're not as old as you our points are irrelevant.

Old 2002-12-30, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Gun+stairwell=guy who came for tv not dead, but guy who came to kill you getting what he deserved
Old 2002-12-30, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Originally posted by MrVicchio
If I am not there.. Here is the problem, what if he comes for you?
IT may sound easy to hole up,but think about this... you and your wife, holed up in your room, your kids are down the hall.. you have your gun ready.. you keep the lights off so if the BAD guy does come in, he cant see you till its too late...

The door opens, you fire... and your son lies dead in the door way... he just wanted a drink of water... while the bad guy (if there was one)... gets away..

Nah, I won't shoot till I see ya, and I won't wait for you to come to me. The best way to win, is to take the inititive, otherwise you are reacting, and that is a bigger gamble.
Then get your children in the room with you. If he was that crazy to run up the stairs straightaway and try to shoot you, then there's a reason for it. But you don't know what he really wanted, and now you will never know.

You are assuming th bad guy is just there for your TV. Its NOt your fualt, as ahomeowner, that the bad guy VOLUNTEERED to get shot, killed, maimed... it was his fault when he entered your residence, he VOLUNTEERED for that.
He's only going to get shot if you decide to shoot him.

Old 2002-12-30, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
BonnieDundee
Corporal

You ever get beyond the idea that "Criminal = evil"? The guy could have a drug habit he needs to support. He could be mentally ill. He may have a hundred other problems that could be no fault of his own. He may well have no other choice than to turn to crime to get himself out of such problems. Just because he's committed a minor crime does not mean he should die for it. You may well find yourself in the same situation one day. A wise man once said, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." Good advice.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Incompetent
Gun+stairwell=guy who came for tv not dead, but guy who came to kill you getting what he deserved
I don't have a stairwell anymore...

Then get your children in the room with you. If he was that crazy to run up the stairs straightaway and try to shoot you, then there's a reason for it. But you don't know what he really wanted, and now you will never know.
Its not always practical to "get the kids"
Old 2002-12-30, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
BonnieDundee
Corporal

Then go to them.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

You ever get beyond the idea that "Criminal = evil"? The guy could have a drug habit he needs to support. He could be mentally ill. He may have a hundred other problems that could be no fault of his own. He may well have no other choice than to turn to crime to get himself out of such problems. Just because he's committed a minor crime does not mean he should die for it. You may well find yourself in the same situation one day. A wise man once said, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." Good advice.

I think your problem is that you live in a day in age where no one ever pays the piper. This world has few consequences anymore, so when someone has to face the consequences of risking thier life, you are appaled

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-30, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I am gonna have fun now...

How is a drug problem not his fault? He started using em.. his fault... pity.. ZERO.

Metnally Ill.. okay, granted... but unfortunantly, taking the time and effort to find out what is problems MIGHT be, can get you killed...

Just because he commited a minor crime.......
Yes it does. Absolutely. There is ABSOLUTLY ZERO excuse for breaking into a home, and stealing things that do not beling to you. That sort of rationalizing thought drives me up the FREAKING wall. I work my arse off for what I have, and I don't work my arse off, so that some freeloading low life can steal from me.

And, unless I had a horrid mental illness.. no matter HOW poor I was, I would never, EVER steal. EVER.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
BonnieDundee
Corporal

I think your problem is that you live in a day in age where no one ever pays the piper. This world has few consequences anymore, so when someone has to face the consequences of risking thier life, you are appaled

I think your problem is that you keep pretending to know me from a forum argument.
Old 2002-12-30, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
BonnieDundee
Corporal

I am gonna have fun now...

How is a drug problem not his fault? He started using em.. his fault... pity.. ZERO.

Now who's naive? There are ways to get a drug problem that are involuntary. And it was only an example, you can accept the point without accepting the specific circumstance.

Metnally Ill.. okay, granted... but unfortunantly, taking the time and effort to find out what is problems MIGHT be, can get you killed...

Who said you had to find out about it? All I'm saying is that the guy is a person who doesn't deserve to be gunned down for a minor crime.

Just because he commited a minor crime.......
Yes it does. Absolutely. There is ABSOLUTLY ZERO excuse for breaking into a home, and stealing things that do not beling to you. That sort of rationalizing thought drives me up the FREAKING wall. I work my arse off for what I have, and I don't work my arse off, so that some freeloading low life can steal from me.

Oh, do go away. Why don't we cut their hands off while we're at it?

And, unless I had a horrid mental illness.. no matter HOW poor I was, I would never, EVER steal. EVER.

Uh-huh. I bet I could come up with some scenarios, usually involving the phrase, "feed your kids" that would make you revoke that one.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge