Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your quote is denied.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-18, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Oh man, this is hilarious.

There are people in this thread that have complained about PS1 'super soldiers' in other threads swooping into a base in mozzies, bailing and hacking out RExo/HA/AV... now you can swoop into a base in your ESAC (Empire Specific Air Cav), bail out and already BE in your Heavy Armour equipped with AI + AV weapon and they embrace the idea.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
@xyntech these are some of my points

I would further add what Higby would call "trade offs". Essentially by picking HA you are carrying more armor and thus are getting rid of the ability to operate a vehicle.
You're also giving up the ability to jetpack, or revive, or repair, or snipe, or hack faster, or stealth...
Old 2012-06-19, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
FuzzyandBlue
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post

There are people in this thread that have complained about PS1 'super soldiers' in other threads swooping into a base in mozzies, bailing and hacking out RExo/HA/AV... now you can swoop into a base in your ESAC (Empire Specific Air Cav), bail out and already BE in your Heavy Armour equipped with AI + AV weapon and they embrace the idea.
But in PS1 a rexo had a lot more heath, armor and fire power than the lighter classes. From the few hours we have of PS2 footage it is clear that HA is not equal to a 40BR rexo, not even close. A HA may take like .5 seconds longer to kill than a LA.

So yeah I can bail with my AI/AV weapons, but its not like it will take 60 bullets to take me down, it will take 6-7 shots max. Right now in PS2 Rexos don't exist.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I just cant see engi being THE class to be pilots, its not like they can bail out in a dogfight and repair there aircraft. Now I do think engi will be THE class to drive all ground vehicles. But as a pilot and wanting to maximize my airplane I will take LA every time to fly. Of course beta might prove me different.
Have you played BF3? Because my favourite moments of being in a jet is to be disabled/damaged, and land in some random place out of the battlezone, repair before the 10 seconds is up, and come back in to fight, if i have to, i will even land on the aircraft carrier, i have done it before, and so have lots of other people, so i will probably attempt to do that in PS2, or maybe the enemy will be smarter and actually hunt me down, instead of leaving me for dead. But i guess since this isn't BF3 and everyone doesn't have a parachute, then i can see LH being tied with Engineer in being useful as a pilot.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by FuzzyandBlue View Post
But in PS1 a rexo had a lot more heath, armor and fire power than the lighter classes. From the few hours we have of PS2 footage it is clear that HA is not equal to a 40BR rexo, not even close. A HA may take like .5 seconds longer to kill than a LA.
I think the only weapons that took as much as a half second more time to kill a RExo over an Agile was, funnily enough, the Jackhammer and Sweeper, which went from something like a 0.48 to a 0.96 TTK and 1.04 to 1.56 TTK respectively.

A PS1 RExo didn't do any more damage than an Agile with Heavy Assault, your 'more firepower' comment is obviously meant to be 'they can carry more weapons' aka deal with both infantry and MAXs, the main 'they can do everything at once' issue people seemed to have, yet what does the new PS2 HA class deal with? Infantry and MAXs and you can now FLY in them. You bypass the whole need for Adv Hack AND a functioning equipment terminal to even GET the RExo from in PS1.

Also I wish people stopped using BR40 as their premise for arguements against PS1, something that was implemented at the very end of the games' life yet treated as if it was the founding principle of the game. Pity how most of you only seem to have experience of PS1 in the BR40 era.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
Kran De Loy
Captain

So a bunch of people say that Engi will be the best Pilot class. I'm not gonna say you're all wrong about that, however your not always going to get the chance to repair your vehicle. Once that opportunity is taken away, how is the Engi any better than any other class then?

The point is the HA can't repair his own vehicle, the Engi can't fly away on a jet pack, the LA can't heal himself, the Infil can't throw out a bunch of AA and the Medic can't Stealth off somewhere safer.

It's all already balanced and BETA is where we're gonna find all those little rough patches in the balancing that needs tuning.

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
I have no problems with HA's flying. Why this is even being discussed is beyond me.
Because discussions last for as long as two sides of an argument keep beating their heads together like a couple mountain goats in Spring.

In this particular edition one half is trying to tell the other half to stop being ridiculous.

It hasn't been working.

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post

Eh, you're forgetting about that part where HA wont be able to heal or repair anything like in PS1.
Old 2012-06-19, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post

Eh, you're forgetting about that part where HA wont be able to heal or repair anything like in PS1.
you're forgetting about the part where health regens and there is no repairing since you have halo armour. as for needing to be an enginner to repair gens or terminals etc? well you can kiss that goodbye...the games been modernised lobotomised.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-19, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
you're forgetting about the part where health regens and there is no repairing since you have halo armour. as for needing to be an enginner to repair gens or terminals etc? well you can kiss that goodbye...the games been modernised lobotomised.
Since when did Health Regen get confirmed!? Wasn't that just speculation for something for E3 only??
Old 2012-06-19, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Since when did Health Regen get confirmed!? Wasn't that just speculation for something for E3 only??
Nothing has been said about health regen being a E3 only thing. As far as I understand it, it's going to stay in full game
Old 2012-06-19, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
Rexdezi
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khrakhan View Post
It's not as if they are wearing that much more armor to really add to their surviveability. To not allow HA to drive/pilot wouldnt be a fair trade off.

I dont understand why people are getting so itchy over HA's in a vehicle? Theyre not harder to kill than LA's (less maneuverable), maybe only slightly more firepower.

Really just seems as if people are being how they are in real life.....they like putting unnecessary restrictions on people because of some opinion they have that they feel is superior.

I could argue that LAs shouldnt be able to drive/pilot. How do their jetpacks fit? And that is OP anyway being able to just bail out of a vehicle without needing an ejection seat.

Infiltrators cant pilot either because then it would be unfair that they can get into higher up places they wouldnt normally be able to reach.....how dare a sniper get into a good sniping position, its OP I tell ya!

A medic shouldnt be able to pilot either. What with all that time spent in medical school, where the hell would he have learned how to pilot?! Plus it'd be op if the medic could fly behind enemy lines and heal a teammate, medics are supposed to stay on their own side of the lines and get shot, anything else is just op.

It's also way unfair to allow engineers to be able to pilot, since they can just land and repair their own vehicles. What about all those honest LA's who want to be pilots, but they cant heal their own vehicles so it's definitely way unfair to allow engineers to.

Bottom line: Max's are the only units that cant drive, and the only unit that makes sense for such a restriction.
You basically rewrote what I did in a prettier way :P
Old 2012-06-19, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Rexdezi
Sergeant

As far as I understand it, Shields regen and health doesn't...
Old 2012-06-19, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (because there are 13 bloody pages worth!) but how about making it a certification or utility for HA to fly aircraft, so they have to at least give something up in order to be able to use the thing. Maybe even give up their missile launcher and just use their LMG as a primary weapon.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Rexdezi
Sergeant

THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP ANYTHING!!!

My god how stupid are you people?!?!?!??!?!
Old 2012-06-19, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Khrakhan
Corporal

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
I don't know if this has already been mentioned (because there are 13 bloody pages worth!) but how about making it a certification or utility for HA to fly aircraft, so they have to at least give something up in order to be able to use the thing. Maybe even give up their missile launcher and just use their LMG as a primary weapon.
....no.

If people are worried about HAs bailing and using rocket launcher in mid air then just make it to where you cant use rocket launcher while falling....problem solved and no unnecessary restrictions.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Yes, because relying on others to do something in a multiplayer game is stupid! You know, it's multiplayer, fuck the others!
/sarcasm

EDIT : it all boils down on what you think aircraft should be confined to.
1) Is it ok to use them as transport? => no restriction
2) Are they assault vehicle, and transport should be done through gals? => restrictions

no need to call people "stupid" because you prefer choice 1 to choice 2

Last edited by Kalbuth; 2012-06-19 at 07:46 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion