Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now! - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So easy a caveman can do it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #166
codylee
Private

Re: Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now!

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
You're no better than him now.

inb4 thread lock.

You guys will get in when you get in.
your but hurt over nothing i only told the truth.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #167
duck
Sergeant

Originally Posted by eybro View Post
I think we need to re-examine what we have been told by SOE about the beta in order to understand why people are "uber complaining":

1. At E3 IIRC the exe producer said beta was two weeks away, it was said they they would have a break after E3 and then rollout beta. E3 ended on June 7th.

2. Then the whole twitter (and FB) key giveaway fiasco happened with people spamming #planetside2 for days trying to get keys.. as someone who tried and gave up (even made fan art lol) it was annoying to say the least.

3. Then Higby said on AGN that he would get a haircut when beta started.

4. Then we were told by I think Smedly on twitter soon after E3 that it would be within a month.

5. Then there where a few more SOON™s metioned by various devs.

6. Then we were told the "short" tech test had begun and the beta would follow soon after.

7. Weeks later Higby announced he was getting a haircut on thursday sending people into a omgfrenzy.

8. Thursday came and went with no beta rollout and a pre-mature haircut.

9. The community event happened and a video was posted on youtube where some guy said there were 100,000 PS1 vets most of which will not understand why they won't get into beta straight away, basically admitting that they will have to deal with the beta overhype.

10. Now we are back to waiting "1-2 weeks" for a tech test where only a relatively small number of US only testers with shitty computers are playing what sounds like a terribly bugged early beta version of the game.

^that is only what I can recollect atm.. I think it is fair to say that it could have been handled better and its actually quite easy to see why people are "uber complaining".
This, this, and this.

Sums up the forums the past few weeks, really.
At one end you have really frustrated fans who are upset about being told false information since E3, and at the other end you have fans who will continue to not be bothered by the consistent lies by SOE's PR.
I have to admit I was foolish to believe Higby and the other developers that beta would be a few weeks from June 7th, and the "soon's" that pop up here and there. Because of this disaster SOE has put upon themselves, fans have every right to be upset for being left in the dark, being told wrong information or contradictory statements, and ambiguity in their tweets and posts on PSU.

Then of course, none of this complaining really matters. It will not speed up the beta process, but the SOE team should really learn from this fiasco.
From now on, I won't believe anything until I see a beta invite in my email.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
Hamma
PSU Admin

Indirect,

Tone it down please. There is no need to spout off like that nobody killed your mom.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-15, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Quite a statement on our way of life when playing a video game in an underpopulated server is described as "literally suffering".

This thread makes me want to sell my PC and go out and be a better person. Y'all need a cold glass of priorities.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
helioN
Corporal

Ye, but still - they failed on the "communication" part pretty badly.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
PeteHMB
Sergeant

Lot of entitled people here.

9 years of loyalty and you don't feel you've gotten enough back? Go join the military and then come back and tell me how you feel. As others said - it's a tech test. SOE is still a business even if their business is gaming. They have priorities and those priorities don't involve scratching the back of everyone who complains about them. You're posting here, so you obviously have some type of internet access. Go read some comedy websites. Go read Stratfor and learn a bit about some REAL problems to add to your complaint inventory. Play a different game, there's literally thousands out there. Surely ONE will be able to entertain you for a short while. Go for a run, hit the gym, do some homework, sign up for a class at your local community college. Volunteer to work overtime and make some extra money to save up for when you skip work on launch day. Or just volunteer and help out your local community. Do something constructive.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by codylee View Post
your but hurt over nothing i only told the truth.
Now I have to assume you're trolling lol, 7/10 I'd probably get trolled again.

OT:

I CBA to find the tweet or wherever it came from but even though the first wave went out tonight Smedsauce said even the tech test would be ramping up quickly no? As in maybe even a possible wave every night or so?

Maybe I'm over estimating but still.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Holy shit people can't you just assume you will not get in and treat it as an almighty bonus if you do?

Old 2012-07-15, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by indirect View Post
Still wicked fucking pissed I didn't get an invite to this. Not even pissed in a fanboy way. Pissed in a 9 years of subscription loyalty and didn't get into it kind of way.
The tech test isn't a "reward our customers" event. It's a f*cking tech test. Stop being a whiny little b*tch about it. You're getting privileged access to Beta, which you aren't entitled to, so relax, lol.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
goneglockin
Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
The tech test is likely for optimizing older hardware
Yeah, I know that. The guy I was talking to had older hardware and he didn't get one either. So who got one?
Old 2012-07-15, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
Yeah, I know that. The guy I was talking to had older hardware and he didn't get one either. So who got one?
Other people.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

I usually dont post in general no more cause a lot of people act like this, They feel that they are entitled to something because they played a game for so many years. When they don't get there way they throw there hands up in the air and scream and cry like middle school girl who just found out she we never be justin bibiers girlfriend. I am sorry you threw your life away and now regret it and didnt shower or study for that test and then played planetside 1. That is not the dev's fault that is yours. Just because you lived in your mom's basement and procrastinated and have to wait a little bit longer you throw a whine fest of posts. Seriously you really should be ashamed of yourself for acting this way. I leave you with this...

Cant wait for beta <3

Last edited by bigcracker; 2012-07-15 at 01:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Bags
Lieutenant General

They said they wanted all ranges of specs, high med and low.

Just clarifying that...
Old 2012-07-15, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Wow, I don't understand why people are bitching about this. If you have a key or you are a vet you will be invited at some point.

In the meantime we are all getting feeded with tons of info and screenshots.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-07-15, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
screenshots.
Link?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion