ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It just feels good.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
ruskyandrei
Private

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm sensing a lot of minds really won't be changed regardless of our responses. I'm going to allow our official communications speak for themselves going forward and ask you at least try the service.

Your SOE account information will only be linked to ProSieben if you choose it to be. If you are outside North America you are absolutely not under any obligation to sign up for ProSieben but you will not be able to play the game.

I'm hopeful you all will join us.

I thought there wasn't going to be any region locking (it has repeatedly been confirmed by the devs after the initial PRO7 announcement earlier this year) ?

And region locking is the only way you'll be able to block people from outside NA from playing the game with an SOE account. So what is it then ?
Old 2012-07-16, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Nasher
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Ok finally some solid information. Not what i wanted to hear, but i know it and prepare for it.
So its fake US account and vpn then. I lose veteran status but that doesnt matter. Im glad i had my doubts and didnt buy any Station Cash to this account during recent promo.
I hope that will work, as i want to play PS2, but you dont make it easy.
Yep, basically the game IS region locked. Just on the account rather than in-game.

I wouldn't start signing up for any VPNs yet though. Until people have done some research in to how it's being locked, because it might not be nessessary.

Anyway, there is very good reason for people not trusting these unknown 3rd party companies (unknown outside of Ger). They almost always turn out to be either incompetent or careless. It's just that people have learned their lesson this time...

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-07-16 at 12:58 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
etheral
Corporal

Is this account migration a one-time-only thing? My plan was to make a throwaway pro7 account to play for free, and then, when/if pro7 prove themselves to not be another GOA, transfer my main account and start paying.

Am I gonna need a plan B?
Old 2012-07-16, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
"hearsay or misinformation"?

-alaplaya... pro7 is directly involved
-Warhammer Online
-TERA (ty so much for censoring the game...)
-various other MMOs who were subpar in Europe due to not being handled by the original Devs/Publishers

In the future - please refrain from random accusations - thank you!
And yet you have no information on what their official role in all of this is. And as for your list of games, "various other mmos" is not a reference. You've given one pro7 example (and hell EA has tanked a lot more games than that, and people still play their games just fine). As for TERA, it was censored in the US as well. That was a push everywhere, not just EU. And Warhammer.... that was just a bad game in general.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

Now we have hardly any answers but lots of questions...
Old 2012-07-16, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Yep, basically the game IS region locked. Just on the account rather than in-game.
That's not really the definition of region locked. Region locked is where people from one place can't play with people from another. Which isn't what they're saying.

They're saying you'll just have a different type of account. No mention of not being able to play with the people with other accounts.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
etheral
Corporal

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
And yet you have no information on what their official role in all of this is. And as for your list of games, "various other mmos" is not a reference. You've given one pro7 example (and hell EA has tanked a lot more games than that, and people still play their games just fine). As for TERA, it was censored in the US as well. That was a push everywhere, not just EU. And Warhammer.... that was just a bad game in general.
What about Warhammer's predecessor, DAOC?

GOA screwed that over too.

What were all trying to say is that there hasnt been a single instance (please provide an example to prove me wrong) of a third party company being good for the customer.

We have absolutely no reason to believe that pro7 will be different.

Pro7 may prove us all wrong, but in the face of past evidence, its best to assume that they wont.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
unAimed
Private

Warhammer - great counter argument!

various other MMOs - sorry - I am to lazy to create a list which you will discredit with "that was just a bad game in general"

Tera - blood was enable in Europe? Last time I played it wasn't - two months or so ago...

alaplaya as a pro7 reference - why is this not sufficient?
Old 2012-07-16, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by etheral View Post
What about Warhammer's predecessor, DAOC?

GOA screwed that over too.

What were all trying to say is that there hasnt been a single instance (please provide an example to prove me wrong) of a third party company being good for the customer.

We have absolutely no reason to believe that pro7 will be different.

Pro7 may prove us all wrong, but in the face of past evidence, its best to assume that they wont.
Guilty until proven innocent, eh? And as far as localization goes, most people don't even pay attention to the fact that a lot of games have a third party localization company. But as far as good ones, EnMasse seems to be doing a good job with TERA-US.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
Warhammer - great counter argument!

various other MMOs - sorry - I am to lazy to create a list which you will discredit with "that was just a bad game in general"

Tera - blood was enable in Europe? Last time I played it wasn't - two months or so ago...

alaplaya as a pro7 reference - why is this not sufficient?
Warhammer was never good in the US, how could it be good localized?

And one example is not a very good sample size to crucify a company with, sorry.

Last edited by ArcGuard; 2012-07-16 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

You could always make an account with fake information and pay using a Paysafecard or some other 'offline' service, that's what I'll be doing.

As for getting subpar service, why don't we wait and see? I'm willing to give them a chance, and I'm expecting some screwups along the way regardless since it is their first major game. Fact is the deal is done, lets try to keep an open mind. If they end up doing a terrible job then we can and should get vocal about it.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
etheral
Corporal

Guilty until proven innocent, eh?
When it involves my financial details? Absofuckinglutely.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
ArcGuard
Corporal

When it involves my financial details? Absofuckinglutely.
As RadarX just pointed out, they're not giving them those. So, you can wait and see what happens, or just assume things you don't know anything about.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
etheral
Corporal

As RadarX just pointed out, they're not giving them those. So, you can wait and see what happens, or just assume things you don't know anything about.
That isnt what radar said. Radar said that you have to migrate your account to pro7 if you want to keep using it. I dont know about you, but there is a credit card linked to my account. All radar said in that post was that they wont do it without your consent.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
ArcGuard
Corporal

That isnt what radar said. Radar said that you have to migrate your account to pro7 if you want to keep using it. I dont know about you, but there is a credit card linked to my account. All radar said in that post was that they wont do it without your consent.
Correct. So, if you want to play the game, you can opt in. It'll be your choice whether you want to play the game. No one is forcing you to jump into something without your full consent. You act like they owe it to you, that you HAVE to be able to play the game under your terms and not theirs.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

the Europeans are revolting....

Last edited by Nephilimuk; 2012-07-16 at 01:29 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion