Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if at first you dont succeed...Whine!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-19, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #181
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Since when did Health Regen get confirmed!? Wasn't that just speculation for something for E3 only??
i dont understand the thinking of why it would be E3 only.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-19, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
Nothing has been said about health regen being a E3 only thing. As far as I understand it, it's going to stay in full game
It could just as well be "Nothing has been said about health regen being a E3 only thing. As far as I understand it, it's not going to stay in full game

See, nothing has been said on it since E3. However I do recall somewhere about health NOT being on regen, while Shields do. I do not recall where that was said tho.

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
I don't know if this has already been mentioned (because there are 13 bloody pages worth!) but how about making it a certification or utility for HA to fly aircraft, so they have to at least give something up in order to be able to use the thing. Maybe even give up their missile launcher and just use their LMG as a primary weapon.
Possibly solution, but only if the HA need to have some balace from being able to pop out of aircraft, MBT, Lightnings or anything else similar that will come later in the game's life.

Current discussion is about as much "Wait until beta to check balance before bitching about balance" as it is how to actually balance HA from flying.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #183
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I wonder what the terminal velocity is going to be in this game. Because I think if you are falling fast enough all of this bailing shooting someone with a rocket and then getting back in your jet nonsense would be really difficult.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #184
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Regen will surely be in game. The rate of regen is the primary concern. Wont know till beta, much like we wont know if HA's flying will be a problem (till beta).

Cheers,

GG

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Greeniegriz; 2012-06-19 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
YOu saw how good those players were on Day 1? Yeah, maybe they figured that with all the other limitations and special rules they were implementing to keep things easy for the E3 press, why wouldn't regening health be another one of them?

I mean, being able to regen health would pretty much steal about 40% of the medic's job. All he would be useful for is resing and occasionally healing a single target Heavy and Medic TeamFortress2 style. That would really really really really piss me off if that was in the game.

Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post
Regen will surely be in game. The rate of regen is the primary concern. Wont know till beta, much like we wont know if HA's flying will be a problem (till beta).

Cheers,

GG

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Oh fuck no. FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. Fuck that. No health regen, ever. Shields regen is good enough. Please, GOD PLEASE, do not take away a big part of the Medic's function.

Edit: Yeah found some infos. Apparently back at the GDC footage, Malorn made a thread detailing some observations. In it he noticed that Health did not regen.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...t=Health+Regen

I'd appreciated it if any further mention of Health Regen and what not went there instead of clogging up this thread.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-06-19 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
xnorb
Sergeant

All depends on when the regen kicks in and how fast it is.
This of course needs to be balanced to actual game pace.
Old 2012-06-19, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Edit: Yeah found some infos. Apparently back at the GDC footage, Malorn made a thread detailing some observations. In it he noticed that Health did not regen.
Interesting, will have to watch the GDC footage again

Shield regen > health regen for sure. Or no regen, I really don't care either way.

On topic: Wait for beta/release

Cheers,

GG

Sent from here using Tapatalk 2

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-19, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khrakhan View Post
....no.

If people are worried about HAs bailing and using rocket launcher in mid air then just make it to where you cant use rocket launcher while falling....problem solved and no unnecessary restrictions.
Them doing it while falling is not the main issue, Since the fall time will not be longer than the lock on time. It's the fact that you just bested an enemy in a dog-fight, but now they're going to bail out, and as soon as they land safely get a lock on and take you down. Mid-air locking really is not the problem here because the time spent falling is negligible.

An alternative I could see is as you said not allowing them to lock on while falling, but also stop them from using it for like 10 seconds after landing. But then there is still the problem that if the area the person got shot down in is a particularly busy dogfight, the aircraft will not likely have tried to run out of lock on range, and so will still be littering the air.

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-19 at 08:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
Khrakhan
Corporal

Them doing it while falling is not the main issue, Since the fall time will not be longer than the lock on time. It's the fact that you just bested an enemy in a dog-fight, but now they're going to bail out, and as soon as they land safely get a lock on and take you down. Mid-air locking really is not the problem here because the time spent falling is negligible.

An alternative I could see is as you said not allowing them to lock on while falling, but also stop them from using it for like 10 seconds after landing. But then there is still the problem that if the area the person got shot down in is a particularly busy dogfight, the aircraft will not likely have tried to run out of lock on range, and so will still be littering the air.
Chances are if he bails he is not going to survive the fall, so I don't see where you're coming from.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #190
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Chances are if he bails he is not going to survive the fall, so I don't see where you're coming from.
Seriously? Have you not ever heard of ejector seats? Or seen the distance people in PS2 can fall without sustaining any damage let alone dying? Plus a heavy assault will have a much greater chance of surviving falls than anyone else, so it is even worse!
Old 2012-06-19, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #191
Khrakhan
Corporal

Seriously? Have you not ever heard of ejector seats? Or seen the distance people in PS2 can fall without sustaining any damage let alone dying? Plus a heavy assault will have a much greater chance of surviving falls than anyone else, so it is even worse!
Well if he certs into the ejector seat then he should be able to use it. And so what if he lands and then tries to shoot a plane out of the sky? What about all the other anti air thats already going to be on the ground anyways?

Expect to get shot down, it's going to happen. Wanting to restrict a class from piloting because you're afraid of it shooting at you is ridiculous.

I'm going to be an eng/infil pilot myself and yet I have no fears of HAs piloting. If they manage to bail before I blow them up, so be it. Ill either shoot him out of the sky, watch where he lands then blow him up, or just get out of there and expect to be evading anti air fire anyway.

May as well complain about maxs being able to use the elevators to get on a roof and shoot you out of the sky, or for tanks AA guns being really good.

Wanting to take away somebody else's toy because you feel it's 'unfair' is childish.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #192
outsider
Private

20 years ago it was perfectly acceptable to jump into a game for the first time, get killed by a chicken, spend all your money buying chick armour and being unable to wear it because your a man.

10 years ago it was perfectly acceptable to run all the way across a base to spawn a vehicle, realise you're in your heavy assault build, run all the way across the base again to swap out armour and then run all the way back to the vehicle spawn point. ( actually it was a major pita back then too )

Neither scenario works anymore. It's not a concession on gameplay mechanics to attract the BF crowd, it's a streamlining of systems so the game does not arbitrarily penalise the modern gamer. it's not just the BF crowd that hates running 5-10 minutes ( because of some stupid balance ruling ) before they can have fun; today it's 99% of everybody.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #193
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Well if he certs into the ejector seat then he should be able to use it. And so what if he lands and then tries to shoot a plane out of the sky? What about all the other anti air thats already going to be on the ground anyways?
Anti-air that is already on the ground is fair game since the person decided to engage aircraft as such. It's not the same as them choosing to be aircraft, and then when they are beaten in a dogfight decide to bail out and use his/her new given weapons to bear. So basically you are giving them the advantage of being a smaller target and being able to take cover directly after having been bested in combat, rather than punishing the person for bailing with a timer on the weapons usage.

Expect to get shot down, it's going to happen. Wanting to restrict a class from piloting because you're afraid of it shooting at you is ridiculous.
First off, I am expecting to get shot down, but I do not want to be able to gain an advantage over the person who shot me down once I have done. Secondly, I do not now want to restrict a class from piloting (as I have posted several ideas, each one replacing the last), but even with the restrictions I would now place, it is not based on me being afraid to be shot down by a HA, otherwise I would being advocating anti-aircraft weapons to be removed from HA's altogether, wouldn't I?

No, the fact is it is not a case of me not wanting to be shot down by heavy assaults, its a case of me not wanting to be shot down by the guy I just blew out of the sky and bested in combat, who is now safely on the floor, in amongst cover, with his anti-air weapon at the ready, and I would not want myself to be able to do it either. Stop strawmanning me and respond to the actual argument.

May as well complain about maxs being able to use the elevators to get on a roof and shoot you out of the sky, or for tanks AA guns being really good.
No I wouldn't stop making up a position for me, I am talking about someone who I have already beaten in one phase of battle, who is now getting the advantage.

Also you keep thinking that this whole thing is going to be a 1 on 1 affair, which 9 times out of 10, it will not be. We're talking about big 50 man dogfights, where you cannot simply turn and run since you'd be chased down by the other enemies! And it should be a case of you destroying the enemy aircraft and then moving onto the next, not having to expose yourself even more to other aircraft while you go hunting a guy hiding in dense cover who can take you down from said cover, who would not have been equipped to take you down if not for the mechanic! And if you're going to respond, stop making up crap about what I am actually saying and respond to my points directly.

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-19 at 10:21 AM.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I dont know what all these complaints about HA when they will end up being a second rate class for flying.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
AzK
Sergeant

I don't think weapons (or any equipment for that matter) should be class restricted to be honest, with maxes being the only exception.
Classes were a bad idea to begin with. Less bf3, more ps please.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion