It's 2011.. - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Made possible, in part, by spam.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-03-10, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: It's March..

Hell they've barely announced the game is being made at all. Why in the world do we expect a release? At the very least it has months of beta stages it will go though yet.

I know Smedely said launch in last 1st early 2nd quarter (note that march, being the 3rd month of the year is on the earlier side of that range) ...but I feel like he meant more along the lines of actually announcing that the game was being made in an official way.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-03-11, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Dr Pwnacious
Private

I would have to agree that there's almost no way there could be a release coming out in March. It's just too improbable, I could however see a beta being put out. Yet, even then, it looks as if it's far from that...
Old 2011-03-13, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Im dyin' here...
Old 2011-03-13, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
duck
Sergeant

We should get started on the "It's April..." thread
Old 2011-03-13, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

They could totally release in march if they didn't have a beta. Hey they had plenty of testing in PS1 right? I wouldn't put it past SOE to do that.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-03-15, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Tiberius
Corporal

I'm trying to imagine how they make a game...

Map everything out, concept art, make the models, edit code... compile

Can you tell I got a C+ in C++ programming? lmao
Old 2011-03-18, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Raymac
Brigadier General

Bump for sadness
Old 2011-03-18, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
Miir
Malvision

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Bump for sadness
Second that!

Only 2 weeks left in March! Can someone at SOE let us know if the big launch is delayed at least? A simple Y or N on this thread will do.
Old 2011-03-18, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Dr Pwnacious View Post
I would have to agree that there's almost no way there could be a release coming out in March. It's just too improbable, I could however see a beta being put out. Yet, even then, it looks as if it's far from that...
If you've read the Chinese distro company guy's post, he says - and this is according to him - that PS:N is mostly finished. Specifically, what he says is: "2: The development has finished and now the developer is working on the art part and making a better graphic."
Old 2011-03-18, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
GaiaLegion
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
If you've read the Chinese distro company guy's post, he says - and this is according to him - that PS:N is mostly finished. Specifically, what he says is: "2: The development has finished and now the developer is working on the art part and making a better graphic."
Yeah cuz that's a reliable source
Old 2011-03-18, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by GaiaLegion View Post
Yeah cuz that's a reliable source
What an idiotic thing to say. It's more reliable than the dozens of people insinuating things that haven't really been said. It's more reliable considering that The9 is Planetside Next’s publisher in China, which I'm presuming you either didn't bother to look up before making that statement or you don't quite understand what it means.

http://www.corp.the9.com/

"The9 Limited is an online game operator and developer in China. The9 directly, or through affiliates, operates licensed MMORPGs and advanced casual games including Soul of The Ultimate Nation™, Atlantica and Kingdom Heroes 2 Online, as well as its proprietary games World of Fighter and Winning Goal, in mainland China. It has also obtained exclusive licenses to operate other games in mainland China, including Free Realms, Planetside Next and others. In addition, The9 is developing various proprietary games, including Shen Xian Zhuan, FireFall and other MMORPGs and advanced causal games. In 2010, The9 established its Mobile Internet Unit to focus on mobile internet business."

Bold-text was my emphasis. So essentially what that means is that SOE has a contract with The9 to distribute and operate their game in China. If you're familiar with Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, Mythic contracted a European company called GOA to run their games in Europe. This is done by a more or less ironclad legal contract. The same can almost assuredly be said for The9 + SOE. Which means, yes, actually, the guy's statement is more reliable than you, more reliable than me, more reliable than the other people saying things like "Oh, Smedley promised there would be Planetside:Next in March, he said exactly that, blah blah blah". I'd expect that if his statement was bullshit, there'd be a furor from SOE over it.
Old 2011-03-18, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

I don't ever recall seeing anything stating that the game is going to be released in March. If you can see something to the contrary, please post it. I will then sacrifice 77 live chickens to our invisible pink rainbow unicorn overlords.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-03-18, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
I don't ever recall seeing anything stating that the game is going to be released in March. If you can see something to the contrary, please post it. I will then sacrifice 77 live chickens to our invisible pink rainbow unicorn overlords.
I'd like to echo this, but I want to ramp it up a notch - if you can find a DEFINITIVE statement from anyone connected to The9, SOE, or Planetside/Planetside:Next stating, specifically, that *PLANETSIDE:NEXT* will be launched in March, I'll post a picture of myself masturbating with an electric sander whilst Sentrosi ritually disembowels aforementioned chickens.

Note: definitive means you find a post prior to yesterday saying "We are launching Planetside in March".
Old 2011-03-18, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'd like to echo this, but I want to ramp it up a notch - if you can find a DEFINITIVE statement from anyone connected to The9, SOE, or Planetside/Planetside:Next stating, specifically, that *PLANETSIDE:NEXT* will be launched in March, I'll post a picture of myself masturbating with an electric sander whilst Sentrosi ritually disembowels aforementioned chickens.

Note: definitive means you find a post prior to yesterday saying "We are launching Planetside in March".

I LOLed!

Please will someone find a post that says that because I want to see Firefly masturbate with an electric sander.

While you are at it I have a bunch of stairs that needs to be polished with a sander in my house.
Old 2011-03-18, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

I created an account here for a single purpose(see below):

I came to complain and to say:

GIEF BETA NOW PLEESE SMEDLEY! I HAS ALREADY SHUTTED OF MY ACCOUNT, YOU HAS TRICKED MY MONIES FOR THE LAST TIEM!
I mean for realz, give me a GD picture or sumthing. Is that sooooo hard to do for a 7 year vet of PS that has easily paid you over $600 in subscriptions?

Yes btw, The9 is a big Chinese game company and I would take their word as high as smedleys. And no one has ever said march release...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion