PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever seen a Vanu Gym? Neither have they.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-08, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
If the pilot crashes his plane into the ground / tree, give the kill to the last person to shoot him.
no more suicides
What? Next you're going to suggest that players can't kill themselves with their own decimators to stop people from getting a kill.
Old 2011-02-08, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

All they need to do is;

Put in a static bail fail life %. Maybe let you bail past that if you don't take damage for x seconds.

If the pilot crashes his plane into the ground / tree, give the kill to the last person to shoot him.

There, 90% of complaints about pilots are fixed. No more BS rng bailing, no more suicides.
WHO CARES if someone suicides to avoid giving a kill? Either way, you took out an enemy. If they are pathetic enough to not even attempt to fight back, so be it. You did your job.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2011-02-08, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
WHO CARES if someone suicides to avoid giving a kill? Either way, you took out an enemy. If they are pathetic enough to not even attempt to fight back, so be it. You did your job.
I'd say 90% of the people who play this game cares. Sorry, majority > you

I never seep ople complain about softy suicide, only suicide I see complained about is pilot suicide. So yeah, i fixed the problems, sorry u didnt come up with it first ^_^
Old 2011-02-08, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Raymac
Brigadier General

I never seep ople complain about softy suicide, only suicide I see complained about is pilot suicide. So yeah, i fixed the problems, sorry u didnt come up with it first ^_^
90% of statistics are made up on the spot too.

There's a difference between suicides being annoying, and being a major problem. If you are a kill whore and only care about your K/D ratio instead of helping your empire, then it's a major problem.

I always felt if I was in a dogfight and the other pilot suicided, then I still won the fight. I don't need "Raymac kills Bags" in the chat window to tell me if I won or not.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

If you suicide seems like it's even worse - not only did you lose, but you had to try and punk out. It's like a double fail and a double Picard facepalm all rolled into one fail move.

When I fly, if a dude gets the drop on me and outskills me (not that hard), and he takes me down to the point of no return, well that's fine. He earned it. I believe in honour.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
90% of statistics are made up on the spot too.

There's a difference between suicides being annoying, and being a major problem. If you are a kill whore and only care about your K/D ratio instead of helping your empire, then it's a major problem.

I always felt if I was in a dogfight and the other pilot suicided, then I still won the fight. I don't need "Raymac kills Bags" in the chat window to tell me if I won or not.
BEP helps you level. Level = more certs.

Yeah, it's kind of an annoying deal.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
Hamma
PSU Admin

As mentioned numerous times I really believe that PS Aircraft were balanced very well. Hot dropping out of your mossie with a MCG or JH while annoying is a valid tactic and should not be removed from the game.

And Traak, nobody is asking for a swiss army knife aircraft. My comment really goes along with something already in the game.. the liberator. It had a main MCG and required a bomber to be fully effective. A reaver where the pilot has an MCG and requires the passenger to be fully effective is what I was getting at.

People suiciding is one of the lamest things in FPS's imo. But that's not something that can be worked out of an online game. It's not the real world, it's fake. If someone wants to suicide to kill you or steal a kill that is a valid tactic that won't or can't be removed.

And Traak, you can't ask or everything to be changed just because you don't like it...

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-08, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Judging by others comments, seems you're way off with "90%". I am also of the school of thought that if they suicided, you won. Who cares if it shows in killspam. Point is you did your job and took out the enemy.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2011-02-08, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Raymac
Brigadier General

BEP helps you level. Level = more certs.

Yeah, it's kind of an annoying deal.

You say that as if BEP is hard to come by.

Annoying? A little.
A major problem that the Devs need to focus on? Not at all.
Old 2011-02-08, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Aractain
Major

I'm rather hoping they don't keep the old sacred cows. If they want the new game to be a success this time they need to provide fun gameplay for a more varied player base. To me that means no flails, BFRs or stupid amounts of AA but at the same time less advantages for aircav.

I'm anxious to know their payment model, hopefully 'free 2 play' as a monthly subscription will kill it again imo.

The better players of Planetside would probably never have to face these kinds of situations but to get a more ... 'casual' (read: MONEY) market to keep playing they need to feel a sense of progression and fun outside of just kills (they will probably be dead most of the time after all).

I don't want the last best chance for Planetside to fail. Again.
Old 2011-02-08, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Bags
Lieutenant General

Give a F2P system that limits you to BR6, but requires a legit CC. That way populations are bigger and there's more of an incentive for me to sub.
Old 2011-02-08, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Give a F2P system that limits you to BR6, but requires a legit CC. That way populations are bigger and there's more of an incentive for me to sub.
A legit CC *AND* a legitimate email address *AND* having to click a confirmation link in the email to activate the account.
Old 2011-02-08, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
A legit CC *AND* a legitimate email address *AND* having to click a confirmation link in the email to activate the account.
Not sure that having a "legit" email address is that much of a hurdle. I can make a new gmail account in about 10 seconds. Not that I'm against more hurdles, though.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I care, and its one thing he posts I agree with.

who knows..you might actually get a fight out of some people if you're going to kill them ether way.
Old 2011-02-09, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Hmm why the hell would people suicide? Just to take away the kill for the attacker? Wow I never even considered to do that. But if people really want to do that than die honorably well so be it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion