Updated Beta Date - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the "home of the" and "since 2003" quotes since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: Updated Beta Date

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I think the point he was trying to make was that it wouldn't kill SOE to throw out a few more invites for the hell of it.

Though that wouldn't be doing the community at large any favors, really >.> Fuel for the fire.
They have their hands full as it is, trust me.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Fenrod
Sergeant

Misc Info

Beta date is getting changed ?

Old 2012-07-30, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
They have their hands full as it is, trust me.
I'd rather not, you are NC after all.

A few (hundred) more players won't burden their load anyway, unless the test server is pushing capacity already. Bugs don't suddenly multiply in tandem with player counts, and if a new spec is crashing, that was certainly worth inviting people.

Thing is, the number of people they would invite would be so few, and right now after the delay, anyone that doesn't get invited will have to once more resist turning into a rabid baboon all over this forum.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

I have a feeling that when the beta does finally start, and there are a few bugs with launching and whatnot, everyone who was rushing them to start it will be like "OMG you make us wait so long and now I can't connect?! AARRGHH WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST WAIT LONGER AND GIVE US A WORKING GAME?!?!?!"

And I will be sad.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
OpolE
Sergeant Major

When will the waves of invites be coming out? Are they delayed for activation as well?

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2012-07-30, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
NePaS
Corporal

I'd rather not, you are NC after all.

A few (hundred) more players won't burden their load anyway, unless the test server is pushing capacity already. Bugs don't suddenly multiply in tandem with player counts, and if a new spec is crashing, that was certainly worth inviting people.

Thing is, the number of people they would invite would be so few, and right now after the delay, anyone that doesn't get invited will have to once more resist turning into a rabid baboon all over this forum.

Adding more people will not fix the problems they have at the moment.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I can deal with the date getting pushed back, I was half expecting that anyways.

But I have to admit that I'm curious as to what it is they are working on that is the reason for the date getting postponed. From what we've seen in the most recent videos, the game is buggy and there are a lot of things missing from the game (most weapons, certs, mission system etc).

We should be expecting a game that has missing functionality, many bugs and a lack of polish that needs actual testing. So... what's the holdup I wonder. Not asking anybody to break NDA, just wondering outloud.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NePaS View Post
Adding more people will not fix the problems they have at the moment.
You missed the point entirely.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
So... what's the holdup I wonder. Not asking anybody to break NDA, just wondering outloud.
My guess, based on nothing in particular, is water effects.
They said they would move the out of bounds area to over the ocean, and they have also said that they are working on water because they want it to look as awesome as possible.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
I can deal with the date getting pushed back, I was half expecting that anyways.

But I have to admit that I'm curious as to what it is they are working on that is the reason for the date getting postponed. From what we've seen in the most recent videos, the game is buggy and there are a lot of things missing from the game (most weapons, certs, mission system etc).

We should be expecting a game that has missing functionality, many bugs and a lack of polish that needs actual testing. So... what's the holdup I wonder. Not asking anybody to break NDA, just wondering outloud.
Clegg crashed a Galaxy into SOE headquarters when he came to work this morning. Clegg always flies a Galaxy to work. Damn that Clegg.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Sephirex
Major

You missed the point entirely.
Or did you?
Old 2012-07-30, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Dsent
Private

Alright so beta is pushed back again...I'm ok with that. But I am about 99% certain that sometime during E3 they officially stated that BETA would be out b4 August. I am searching for the proof.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

damn, was lookin forward to gettin some company and some more outfitmates in beta. Oh well, he's right tho in waiting, comin outta alpha into beta means its still early and so little hiccups are a given.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
My guess, based on nothing in particular, is water effects.
They said they would move the out of bounds area to over the ocean, and they have also said that they are working on water because they want it to look as awesome as possible.
With only Indar available (as far as we know,) and the only reason we'd be seeing water is because we're flying away from the continent, I don't think that's it >.>

I'd argue they're trying to get everything polished to the point where we won't have to fight over a single base for days on end, and can play Planetside 2 like it's meant to be played, only without every planned feature available. What that process entails, I have no freakin' clue.

Best case scenario, actually, would be including Amerish or Esamir with closed beta, so there's a little variety to our testing.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
NePaS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Or did you?
AH! Someone who gets what I meant!

My faith in Humanity has just gone back up a notch.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion