It's 2011.. - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Play with fire, you get burned
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-03-18, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
Miir
Malvision

Re: It's March..

Arg... not a pretty picture you are painting there Firefly.

So are you guys suggesting that SOE doesn't not have plans to launch something in March?

I know everyone made assumptions that it's Planetside but really there is nothing else it could be. There is no other "FPS" games that SOE is working on. Even the Agency calls it self an "Action Shooter" and at the least from the videos I've seen is more "Third Person" than "First Person". They can call it an FPS game if they want I guess. ?

Not to mention John said "FPS Franchise" and I understand the meaning of Franchise to be :

A form of business organization in which a firm which already has a successful product or service (the franchisor) enters into a continuing contractual relationship with other businesses (franchisees) operating under the franchisor's trade name and usually with the franchisor's guidance, in exchange for a fee.

http://www.investorwords.com/2078/franchise.html

So that would rule out the Agency as it is a new title.

Honestly I'm not trying to argue one way or the other... That's just how I read the original quotes from John.
Old 2011-03-18, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
GaiaLegion
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'd like to echo this, but I want to ramp it up a notch - if you can find a DEFINITIVE statement from anyone connected to The9, SOE, or Planetside/Planetside:Next stating, specifically, that *PLANETSIDE:NEXT* will be launched in March, I'll post a picture of myself masturbating with an electric sander whilst Sentrosi ritually disembowels aforementioned chickens.

Note: definitive means you find a post prior to yesterday saying "We are launching Planetside in March".
Well I think part of the problem here is that "Planetside: Next" does not officially exist. SOE has never officially announced the game, so I think perhaps you are jumping quite a bit ahead in your assumptions. The fact that a Chinese company claims to have distribution rights to a game that doesn't exist and hasn't been announced officially is also even stranger, and doesn't really lend any credibility to the game actually being completed. In fact, if the game were essentially 100% done except for art, why has there been no announcement or in-game screenshot or any information whatsoever at all?

if you can find a DEFINITIVE statement from anyone connected to The9, SOE
In case you have forgotten:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ng-This-Spring

"We have a very big launch coming in the month of March," Smedley said. "It's a big first person shooter franchise that we're really happy with."

He then told me that I could say that he "hinted" that the new Planetside was imminent

Twist that any way you want, the wording is obviously extremely vague, but its pretty obvious that the PRESIDENT of SOE claimed it was "launching" in March. Whatever that means. In most definitions, though, "launch" doesn't mean "nothing is going to be discussed whatsoever about it"
Old 2011-03-18, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
Azellon
Private

That wording is vague enough that he could be talking about two different things. The first is that they have a big FPS launch coming in March. The second is that he hinted that PS:N is imminent. At no point does Smed confirm he is talking about PS:N.

Any other interpretation is an assumption utilizing wishful thinking. Let's look at the important sentences here"

I took a leap of logic and asked whether it was Planetside.

"Could be,"

He said "Could be" instead of "Is" because "Is" represents a definitive statement. This statement is deliberately worded to avoid giving any definitive answer.

Companies use that wording specifically to allow themselves the ability to say "Well, we never said that" when whatever it is they're hinting at never comes to pass. Smed's language in this article is 100% CorpSpeak and thus 100% empty.

Last edited by Azellon; 2011-03-18 at 05:41 PM.
Old 2011-03-18, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Sifer2
Major

Some are losing the faith pretty fast here. Honestly I knew it was not going to launch in March. Maybe an announcement but not a surprise out of no where MMO launch. I suspect they originally planned something for March but plans change. That's why they have stopped showing us in game models too.

I'm betting we get little news until E3 perhaps. But you never know.
Old 2011-03-19, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
Aractain
Major

I don't WANT it to launch in March, way too early. However I DO want info to come out.
Old 2011-03-19, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Some are losing the faith pretty fast here. Honestly I knew it was not going to launch in March. Maybe an announcement but not a surprise out of no where MMO launch. I suspect they originally planned something for March but plans change. That's why they have stopped showing us in game models too.

I'm betting we get little news until E3 perhaps. But you never know.
Who said it was going to launch in march? I'm pretty sure most of us assumed we'd be getting some big info or a beta launch.
Old 2011-03-19, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Ant001
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Who said it was going to launch in march? I'm pretty sure most of us assumed we'd be getting some big info or a beta launch.
No matter what way you cut it ...and be blind and negative if you want the FACT IS smedly said they had a launch coming in march. We know he Hinted it would be PS, but thats all he did. But again he said difinitivly that there was a big Launch in March. So I ask ....where is the launch ? I see no new information about ANY SOE game being launched this month. So if no SOE game is launched this month we have to assume he lied. So if you resubbed for a beta key I would wait till april then unsub till something concrete is released.
Old 2011-03-19, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
Ant001
Corporal

Originally Posted by GaiaLegion View Post
Well I think part of the problem here is that "Planetside: Next" does not officially exist. SOE has never officially announced the game, so I think perhaps you are jumping quite a bit ahead in your assumptions. The fact that a Chinese company claims to have distribution rights to a game that doesn't exist and hasn't been announced officially is also even stranger, and doesn't really lend any credibility to the game actually being completed. In fact, if the game were essentially 100% done except for art, why has there been no announcement or in-game screenshot or any information whatsoever at all?

In case you have forgotten:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ng-This-Spring

"We have a very big launch coming in the month of March," Smedley said. "It's a big first person shooter franchise that we're really happy with."

He then told me that I could say that he "hinted" that the new Planetside was imminent

Twist that any way you want, the wording is obviously extremely vague, but its pretty obvious that the PRESIDENT of SOE claimed it was "launching" in March. Whatever that means. In most definitions, though, "launch" doesn't mean "nothing is going to be discussed whatsoever about it"
I have no idea why guys on the boards here constantly say he didn't say that..when clearly he did.
Old 2011-03-19, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
No matter what way you cut it ...and be blind and negative if you want the FACT IS smedly said they had a launch coming in march. We know he Hinted it would be PS, but thats all he did. But again he said difinitivly that there was a big Launch in March. So I ask ....where is the launch ? I see no new information about ANY SOE game being launched this month. So if no SOE game is launched this month we have to assume he lied. So if you resubbed for a beta key I would wait till april then unsub till something concrete is released.
The FACT IS, March isn't over. Plus, there's that whole later 1st early second quarter thing...which means it might be April before an announcement.

So get the sand out of your vagina.
I hear vegetable oil works well.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2011-03-19 at 10:24 AM.
Old 2011-03-19, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #205
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
But again he said difinitivly that there was a big Launch in March. So I ask ....where is the launch ?
It's March 19th. It's not April 1st. Keep your panties on.
Old 2011-03-19, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Ant001
Corporal

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
It's March 19th. It's not April 1st. Keep your panties on.

I know thats why I said wait till april, and I said "IF" Twice.
Old 2011-03-19, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
brinkdadrink
Corporal

Even if a Beta was launched there should be something more. Unless they are just being very secretive about a game for no reason that i can think of because more is more profitable there will be no planetside:next this year. I have given up hope when all i see is 3 screen shots that are probobly not in-game (maybe 1) and a hinting of something happening. Hell they dont even have a forum setup which is the easiest thing to add to there thing. They sent out a questionaire to some players. I am not saying this game is not coming out but ive given up on it coming out this year.

Im waiting till April 1st and then ill throw my hopes and dreams out the window and move on.
Old 2011-03-19, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Hamma
PSU Admin

Those of you putting solid dates on this game and saying you are throwing your hopes out the window on the 1st are fools.

Q1 = Jan - March
Q2 = April - June

Delays happen in video games.. the game will happen. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment though if you put an imaginary date on it. John has said allot of things none of which are "Official Announcements" so who knows if it will pan out exactly as planned.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-03-21, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #209
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

AAARGHHHHH HAMMA THE HAMSTER SAVE ME I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIEV. SOME. PSN. CRACK!

APB:R is worse than APB so i NEED PSN NAO!
Old 2011-03-21, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
Canaris
Contributor
General

Well TBH you have only yourselves to blame, Their version of PS-N was most likey ready to roll out this month, then we started to discuss in detail what should be put in and taken out of the game based on our experiences of the original and other MMO's and FPS's and convinced the Dev team to make changes!

This is what you all get for having great ideas, a delay. I hope you're happy with yourselves LoL!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion