Updated Beta Date - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sanctuary for stalkers
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
Idunno
Private

Re: Updated Beta Date

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
I'm just saying, they are having trouble getting the game to work with the people they have, they don't need anyone else.
Yep totally understand , they need to fix the huge gamebreaking bugs like login issues. I am willing to wait.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Idunno View Post
Yep totally understand , they need to fix the huge gamebreaking bugs like login issues. I am willing to wait.
You're wiser than your name lets on.

I'm onto you.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
EDIT: Look, what I'm trying to say is, they could have invited us today, but felt we would be far more impressed with the build they plan to have ready by friday or monday than what they have now, obviously. If you really want to read between the lines: they invited as few people as they could get away with for the tech test, so that the real deal would feel like the real deal when they opened the flood gates, y'knowwhatI'msayin'?
lol. "Guys, can we play the game? I don't care if it's pretty bad or crashing or whatever. I just want to play."

How hard is it to understand : "We don't need more people. We have enough work to do right now without having to bother with more people."
Old 2012-07-30, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

EDIT: Look, what I'm trying to say is, they could have invited us today, but felt we would be far more impressed with the build they plan to have ready by friday or monday than what they have now, obviously. If you really want to read between the lines: they invited as few people as they could get away with for the tech test, so that the real deal would feel like the real deal when they opened the flood gates, y'knowwhatI'msayin'?
Or maybe they invited as many people as they needed? Maybe?
Old 2012-07-30, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
LightningDriver
Corporal

The first few weeks of beta will be stress testing the login server, and maybe 1 out of every 10 people will actually get the play for 10 minutes after trying for a few hours to log in. Just like every other MMO beta.....

This is important, but nothing really to look forward to. Relax.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

So soon doesnt mean 8 weeks, it means 9 weeks now. Hopefully.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I took the tweets to mean more along the lines of an artist that's embarrassed to show an unfinished work wanting to finish that work before presenting it... not that they're still having huge issues after a few weeks of tech testing.

Neither this:

"Had planned for today or tomorrow but we have some stuff we need to make sure is awesome"

Nor this:

"the team is working like crazy but we need to polish some stuff and test it before we let in a massive # of people."

Infers they have not ran into a hiccup of any kind. It's more like the team got more finished than expected while the big heads were in China, so why not set the closed beta up with that content/mechanics instead of going in without it?

EDIT:
Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Or maybe they invited as many people as they needed? Maybe?
Same difference in the grand scheme of things They certainly didn't invite a surplus of users with a 200 series graphics card, Vista OS, 4 gigs of ram, and i7 core >.>

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-30 at 07:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
lawnmower
Sergeant

Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
there are no other sites reporting about this game
only weird game mags with no communities and no one really cares about (2-3)
biggest gaming newssite in sweden has tons of news about it and getting plenty of comments. where the hell are you getting these things from?
Old 2012-07-30, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
NePaS
Corporal

I took the tweets to mean more along the lines of an artist that's embarrassed to show an unfinished work wanting to finish that work before presenting it... not that they're still having huge issues after a few weeks of tech testing.

Neither this:

"Had planned for today or tomorrow but we have some stuff we need to make sure is awesome"

Nor this:

"the team is working like crazy but we need to polish some stuff and test it before we let in a massive # of people."

Infers they have not ran into a hiccup of any kind. It's more like the team got more finished than expected while the big heads were in China, so why not set the closed beta up with that content/mechanics instead of going in without it?

EDIT:

Same difference in the grand scheme of things They certainly didn't invite a surplus of users with a 200 series graphics card, Vista OS, 4 gigs of ram, and i7 core >.>
Do you expect them to be brutally honest and say:

"Here you go,here is the beta,dont worry,we know all about the client falling over every 5 mins and we also know about some PC's being nuked,we will fix it shortly"

Not exactly the best way to advertise your game is it?

Of course they are not going to tell you if they are having major problems,it looks bad for the reputation of the game.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
Sephirex
Major

You're right. I'll prepare a list of people we know with those specs so we can get that surplus going immediately.

In fact, we should set up a hotline for all the people that think there's an extra spot open in the tech test for their specs.

Then we can start whining how more tech test people got invited, but Beta invites still didn't go out.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-30 at 07:27 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
You're right. I'll prepare a list of people we know with those specs so we can get that surplus going immediately.

In fact, we should set up a hotline for all the people that think there's an extra spot open in the tech test for their specs.

Then we can start whining how more tech test people got invited, but Beta invites still didn't go out.
I expected better from you. Yup, missing the point entirely if the REST of my post isn't an indication of how I see the delay. But then, this entire back and forth is about what we THINK is causing the delay: you think it's client issues, I think it's taking advantage of being ahead of schedule in development and wanting to show the bulk of their applied testers a more finished product, not simply a more stable one.

By the way, I covered that last point already. Way to read ALL of my posts ALL the way through.

And NePaS, they've been pretty open thus far. I've come to trust in their wording. I'm confident they have most of the client issues handled by now. I'm looking forward to a good play experience with more systems in place than what the tech testers have experienced thus far.

Admittedly, I really can't tell what the hell they're doing, and I don't know exactly what is in game right now. Knowledge of what they're doing/adding wouldn't change the current situation now anyway.

At least I can breath knowing I can just forget about invites until next weekend.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-30 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
Stizzi
Private

Fuck Beta for now, give dev-team a week hard-earned vacation, meantime let the vets have "fun" with the tech-build at own "risk"
Old 2012-07-30, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
Sephirex
Major

I expected better from you. Yup, missing the point entirely if the REST of my post isn't an indication of how I see the delay. But then, this entire back and forth is about what we THINK is causing the delay: you think it's client issues, I think it's taking advantage of being ahead of schedule in development and wanting to show the bulk of their applied testers a more finished product, not simply a more stable one.

And NePaS, they've been pretty open thus far. I've come to trust in their wording. I'm confident they have most of the client issues handled by now. I'm looking forward to a good play experience with more systems in place than what the tech testers have experienced thus far.

Admittedly, I really can't tell what the hell they're doing, and I don't know exactly what is in game right now. Knowledge of what they're doing/adding wouldn't change the current situation now anyway.

At least I can breath knowing I can just forget about invites until next weekend.
Sorry, the last part of your post seemed especially self-serving, so I picked up on that. It was rather unfair of me to ignore the rest of your post and I apologize.

You're right on our key difference in perspectives. I just can't fathom that they're ahead of schedule.

1. Key team members were in China for a week.
2. Several large gaming news sites reported on Smedley's expected Beta date (he had to make the announcement knowing he'd lose face)
3. Twitter's been silent, and all word has been that the team is having to break some serious ass to get stuff done. Tramell's few tweets were more irritable than usual, and Higby's made references to falling asleep at his desk, endless meetings and the hash-tag #sadtimes.
4. All word from the Tech Testers is that the game is pretty unplayable from a technical perspective.

This to me spells trouble. Not things are going great, but hey let's get it even better. His even more "awesome" quote is just PR cover to me for "Oh God, this is harder than we thought!"

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-30 at 07:48 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
Carnage
Sergeant

Did ppl really not see this coming? it was inevitable Mr. Anderson...
Old 2012-07-30, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stizzi View Post
Fuck Beta for now, give dev-team a week hard-earned vacation, meantime let the vets have "fun" with the tech-build at own "risk"
the tech build did not in anyway take into account vet status. it was based on tech specs. there are plenty of vets (myself included) who have been playing ps1 since launch and didnt get in, just as there are plenty of people who didnt know ps1 exsisted in tech.

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion