It's 2011.. - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats a gun again?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-03-21, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #211
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Re: It's March..

This thread is popcorn.

Though extremely unlikely(can't express this enough), imagine if they'd just slap the release in our faces one day. I'd be like that pokemon kid, no doubt.

[youtube]XgFLOM9xMGg[/youtube]
Old 2011-03-21, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #212
Tikuto
Major

Originally Posted by Lorgarn View Post
[youtube]XgFLOM9xMGg[/youtube]
i so lold

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-03-21, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #213
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
the FACT IS smedly said they had a launch coming in march.

Err, NO! He said they had a big RELEASE coming in march. And a Release can also be an official annoucment, or beta, or whatever. Its very wrong to assume that release means launch.
Old 2011-03-21, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
GaiaLegion
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Err, NO! He said they had a big RELEASE coming in march. And a Release can also be an official annoucment, or beta, or whatever. Its very wrong to assume that release means launch.
Um.

Well.

First of all, he DID say "launch." Please read the link I posted on the last page. And even if he did say "release," thats still rather unambiguous. Release pretty much DOES mean "launch," although he said "launch" in the first place.
Old 2011-03-21, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #215
Ant001
Corporal

Originally Posted by basti View Post

He said Launch NOT FUCKING RELEASE.
Old 2011-03-21, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #216
GaiaLegion
Private

Well I think this is the bottom line:

PSN may or may not be close to finished (who the hell knows there is no communication), but the fact is, Smedley said that shit so that people would resub because he's a greedy bastard.
Old 2011-03-21, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #217
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Oh crap, sorry. He really said launch.

Well, launch of beta then perhaps? Cant be anthing else really. They propably did what Netdevil was about to do with Jumgate Evo: get the beta out in a state other games have been released, means as bug free as possible.

That, or the Launch doesnt have much to do with PSN. No sane person can assume that the game would hit the stores this month, thats just plain simply impossible, until SOE is just trying to kill themself by releasing a MMO without actual Mass testing.
Old 2011-03-21, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #218
Ant001
Corporal

Talking Re: It's March..

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Well TBH you have only yourselves to blame, Their version of PS-N was most likey ready to roll out this month, then we started to discuss in detail what should be put in and taken out of the game based on our experiences of the original and other MMO's and FPS's and convinced the Dev team to make changes!

This is what you all get for having great ideas, a delay. I hope you're happy with yourselves LoL!
Now you are obviously a guy who has had no dealing with SOE.
SOE are infamous for NOT listening to anyone...especially thier very own paying customers(bfr's anyone).

But your sentiment did make me snigger
Old 2011-03-21, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
morf
First Sergeant

Okay so in December he said "launch" in march, and whether he meant a live game launch or a website launch is really irrelevant because this is AN OUTDATED QUOTE

Since then, over a month later, in January, he said "And we haven't announced a release date for it but you can expect it... We're looking at late first-quarter, early second-quarter [2011]."

Development gets slower the closer a game gets to completion. It's that simple. Anyone with half a brain knows it's better to have a complete game in 6 months than a complete pile of shit today. So GTFO with your outdated info and general toddler gimme now asshattedness. It will be out when it's ready.

[/argument]
Old 2011-03-21, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
duck
Sergeant

Face it everyone. Smedley lied to all of us. There was supposed to be something happening in March, and it's practically the end of it with nothing to show for it.
Whether it was the beta, a trailer, announcement, whatever, we did not get anything. It was just a way for previous players to resubscribe and SOE would gain more money

What's the status of this project? Why were we not given anything?
Old 2011-03-21, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by morf View Post
Okay so in December he said "launch" in march, and whether he meant a live game launch or a website launch is really irrelevant because this is AN OUTDATED QUOTE

Since then, over a month later, in January, he said "And we haven't announced a release date for it but you can expect it... We're looking at late first-quarter, early second-quarter [2011]."

Development gets slower the closer a game gets to completion. It's that simple. Anyone with half a brain knows it's better to have a complete game in 6 months than a complete pile of shit today. So GTFO with your outdated info and general toddler gimme now asshattedness. It will be out when it's ready.

[/argument]
This. The rest of you humming my balls about releasing a game in March can shut the fuck up with that tired-ass old&busted attempt at an argument.
Old 2011-03-21, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by duck View Post
Face it everyone. Smedley lied to all of us. There was supposed to be something happening in March, and it's practically the end of it with nothing to show for it.
Whether it was the beta, a trailer, announcement, whatever, we did not get anything. It was just a way for previous players to resubscribe and SOE would gain more money

What's the status of this project? Why were we not given anything?
I feel your frustration, but tone it down a bit. You are at about an 8, we need to turn you down to about a 4, ok?

True, I think we are all expecting something this month, and at this point I think even a new screenshot or official quote would hold us over for awhile. Month ain't over, so there is plenty of time to hit the panic button.

Speaking of the panic button, what Smed has said is not some vast right wing conspiracy to make a few quick bucks. They are developing Planetside: Next. That is indisbutable.

Then, if we take what the head of The9 said about the status of PS:N it really all makes sense. He said the game is pretty much done with the exception of the artwork which they are currently working on. Sooooo, if they are not done with the artwork yet, they would have very little to show us, right?

I'd probably like a few more soundbites from SOE about PS:N, hell even a tweet from Smed occasionaly would be nice until we get, you know, an actual website up for it. So T-Ray needs to get his men workin double-time. There's deadlines to meet and the natives are getting restless for more sweet delicious tidbits we can nibble on. If we didn't love what we've seen so far, we wouldn't be this anxious.
Old 2011-03-21, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

I haven't placed my order for those chickens yet, but I'd love me some Firefly Fapping. Hell, he probably uses 100 grit just to keep himself nice n smooth, you know, for the ladies.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-03-22, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #224
Ant001
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
I haven't placed my order for those chickens yet, but I'd love me some Firefly Fapping. Hell, he probably uses 100 grit just to keep himself nice n smooth, you know, for the ladies.
this made me lol.

I have a vision in my head of him banging his desk with one hand pointing at the screen with his other and screaming at his pc screen "why don't you listen to me? are you all stupid?"

Makes me lol everytime I see him post

Last edited by Ant001; 2011-03-22 at 03:15 AM.
Old 2011-03-22, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #225
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Well I can't wait to get more information on PS:N but I am guessing that Smedley and SOE probably have their reasons for not releasing any further information. We know that Smedley has always had a special relationship to Planetside maybe that statement about big launch coming in March was wishful thinking from his side?

I don't expect to see a big fancy trailer but it would be nice if SOE could officially announce the game and maybe launch a website dedicated to the sequel and start talking more to the community about the game. I don't have to see actual screenshot but if they could just start communicating with the community about the game than I am sure that would probably satisfy many players.
NEED UPDATES!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion