News: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So if I press the self-destruct button like so.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-23, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video

@captainkapautz
LoL
Old 2012-05-23, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
This is all I'm worried about, stripes and stuff like that is fine to me but I'm just hoping it doesn't go too much further as to be adding stuff like ponies and hello kitty, since a lot of people seem to be into that stuff...
I don't get it. What's so bad about allowing stuff like that? It would get them money and it doesn't affect anyone else in the game. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if someone had a My Little Pony logo on the side of their vehicle. I'd just be like "oh man it's bags again". The separation between seriousness and crazy soldier is nonexistent when it comes to paint jobs. Especially if they can look warn along the edges. Same goes for hello kitty. Google for "hello kitty war" images and you'll see that they can fit into the scene very well in a tank girl type sci-fi war environment.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Im more worried about the balance between how strong the NC/TR/VS vehicles will be than anything else, honestly. Cosmetics is all very well, but it's hard for devs to know just how much to push the envelope. For instance the Scythe had to be nerfed already, but was it enough? Was it too much? I haven't heard feedback on it yet.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I don't get it. What's so bad about allowing stuff like that? It would get them money and it doesn't affect anyone else in the game. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if someone had a My Little Pony logo on the side of their vehicle. I'd just be like "oh man it's bags again". The separation between seriousness and crazy soldier is nonexistent when it comes to paint jobs. Especially if they can look warn along the edges. Same goes for hello kitty. Google for "hello kitty war" images and you'll see that they can fit into the scene very well in a tank girl type sci-fi war environment.
I personally find the image of pink, flowery aircraft and tanks moving around in a war environment unappealing. I'm all for customization, but I personally would enjoy it if units looks like it belongs to a military in a war game. It's not going to stop me from playing either way, but as I said, that's my opinion.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-05-23 at 09:21 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
Toppopia
Major

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. But will cockpit designs block your view? I mean it would be annoying but it will teach those silly people to have hearts on their cockpit.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
cellinaire
Captain

One more to say : OMG ground texture!

(one of my major concerns erased.)
Old 2012-05-23, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Stuff that isn't ridiculous that fits into the theme of the game. It's like running around with a foam finger for a gun that goes "pew pew pew". That's going too far IMO. Other than that not exactly sure what you're asking.
I'm just trying to get an idea of where the line is in your case. For me somebody with a horse stenciled on the side of their tank would actually seem less out of place if anything. If they've painted the tank bright pink to match then I question their aesthetic sense, but whatever. Ugly paintjobs happen.

Fully automatic foam fingers on the other hand()? That's jumping the shark.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post

Fully automatic foam fingers on the other hand()? That's jumping the shark.
Well, that to me is just about as crazy as a bright pink paintjob with ponies and hearts.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
windlord
Corporal

Just to be odd but can I get a Murry Cod texture please?

Yes it's a fish but I swear it would look awesome. Black spots n blue gradient to white. Friggin awesome. Google it for teh awesome.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
Atheosim
Captain

Well, that to me is just about as crazy as a bright pink paintjob with ponies and hearts.
Yeah, it would personally detract fairly greatly from the feel of being an elite military force valiantly fighting for [X].
Old 2012-05-23, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
Im more worried about the balance between how strong the NC/TR/VS vehicles will be than anything else, honestly. Cosmetics is all very well, but it's hard for devs to know just how much to push the envelope. For instance the Scythe had to be nerfed already, but was it enough? Was it too much? I haven't heard feedback on it yet.
not to get off topic but balancing is what beta testing is for so they already pre nerfed it but they wont know its full extent until some vets or really good fliers get at them.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
SKYeXile
Major General

Nobody would ever want to have tank with a pony on it, yet alone it be purple.

oh wait no...theres whole skins packs for these.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-23, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
Ailos
Contributor
Major

I think everyone here is forgetting what the fuck camouflage is about.

You folks remember this shit?

That's right, that's a zebra pattern on a fucking SHIP. Did it hide this ship effectively? Fuck no. The point of that camouflage wasn't to hide the ship, it was to make it difficult to judge where you're going, since back in WWI, all torpedoes were aimed by eye.

Same goes for the zebra stripes on the liberator. Might stand out pretty well against a sand-coloured mountain, but you'll probably struggle to figure out where the fuck it came from and where it's going in a misty, rainy day of a fight - especially from within the smoke of the explosion it left right next to you.

Don't like the zebra stripes? Don't buy them. Hate the zebra stripes? Shoot them ouf the sky. Don't have that kind of skill? Grab an engineering kit and set up some turrets so others can shoot it down for you.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-05-23 at 09:59 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Tell you one thing about this though. This is the core revenue generating mechanism for this game and certainly they have spent thousands of man hours dreaming up all sorts of different cosmetics to sell. We might as well be standing outside pissing in the wind of a thousand hurricanes if we think any of this is going to change.
Pretty much. Not only this but they are allowing custom designs as well that will be submitted for review by devs/gms. As long as it isn't offensive it's going to be game.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I guess I'm just relatively unphased by the idea of a mag driver with a can of paint and too much free time. Plus 2/3 of the of the factions aren't really professional military anyway. On the other hand maybe I've just been on the internet too long. >_>

On an unrelated note, I found the answer to my question.
Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil View Post
Gun #3
Finally getting to watch the video on a decent screen, that is indeed where the third gun is. From the tail shape and the position of some of the turrets on the buy screen I suspect that AA weapons go on top of the tail instead of under. It appears to be a free rotating turret, although I could be wrong. I'm trying to figure out how this will work, and everything I come up with just feels kind of awkward.

I had initially dismissed it as a flare launcher or something. It looks so dinky.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion