Will your desktop/laptop run PS2? ***Ask here*** - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh, you think its a joke?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-01, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #226
Tactical Pony
Private

Re: Will your desktop/laptop run PS2? ***Ask here***

im not sure if a 550Ti or a 560SE is better.

Right now im running a 9800GTX I know you have 560 above the 550Ti but im talking about the 560 "special" edition >_>

I would love to get a 670, a new processor, motherboard, and ram to just call it a day, but im a lil on the cheap end right now I havent gotten any contract work in about 2 years and regular work, in the security industry, is barely livable income in south florida. >_<
Old 2012-08-01, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Tactical Pony View Post
im not sure if a 550Ti or a 560SE is better.

Right now im running a 9800GTX I know you have 560 above the 550Ti but im talking about the 560 "special" edition >_>

I would love to get a 670, a new processor, motherboard, and ram to just call it a day, but im a lil on the cheap end right now I havent gotten any contract work in about 2 years and regular work, in the security industry, is barely livable income in south florida. >_<
Quick reply: Get a GTX 460 if you can find it or the GTX 560 336/256-bit. If you need further advice please a topic on this.
Old 2012-08-01, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
Gojira Prime
Private

Will this run Planetside 2?

Just getting into PC gaming and wanted to know if my laptop would be able to play this game.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AS5560-Sb.../dp/B005J2JNDE
Old 2012-08-01, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Will this run Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by Gojira Prime View Post
Just getting into PC gaming and wanted to know if my laptop would be able to play this game.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AS5560-Sb.../dp/B005J2JNDE
My concern with these APUs are really the lower clocks on them. The GPU isn't the strongest either. Probably going to be a toss up and you will have to test on your own.
Old 2012-08-01, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
Joltin Joe
Private

Approximately what settings will I be able to play PS2 on? And what should I look to upgrade if I can?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
4GB RAM
1920x1080 screen resolution

Thanks in advance!
Old 2012-08-01, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #231
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Joltin Joe View Post
Approximately what settings will I be able to play PS2 on? And what should I look to upgrade if I can?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
4GB RAM
1920x1080 screen resolution

Thanks in advance!
No idea on specific settings. Video card is weaker, so I wouldn't expect anything above normal. If anything lower settings, especially with Smed saying it isn't looking good for a 8800 GT. You will likely have to tweak to see if its up to your liking.

For a upgrade the over all system is ok, but the video card has to go. I wouldn't get anything higher then a GTX 560 Ti however unless you plan on upgrading everything within the next year. If you want more help on this please make your own thread.
Old 2012-08-01, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
TitanX
Private

Will my 2010 15" Macbook Pro run the game. i5 2.4ghz, 4gb RAM, 256mb gt 300m card
Old 2012-08-03, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #233
Salad Snake
Staff Sergeant

How well do you think this rig will run PS2?

i5-2500K @ 3.30GHZ
Nvidia GTX 560
4 gigs of RAM

I run Battlefield on mostly high at 60+ FPS, but I've heard that PS2 will be processor-intensive instead of gfx card, and even the best rigs today won't be able to handle ultra. What will I most likely be able to run, and are there any others out there with a similar specs as I?

To be honest I would have thought that PS, as a F2P game, would attempt to be easily runable with lower-end rigs in an attempt to get as much playerbase as possible, especially 1st-time PC gamers and casuals. Have they said anything concrete about this?
Old 2012-08-03, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: How well do you think this rig will run PS2?

You will be playing perfectly fine.

The reason rigs today wont run it on ultra cos they designed it for the future, for components that don't exist yet. This way, when the technology allows for it, they will still have a fresh looking game in a few years cos people can crank up the ultra settings.

If anything, if your OS allows (64 bit), I would get 2-4gb more RAM, simply cos it's cheap and 4GB will still fairly easily run out in a modern game + Win 7 64 bit + decent amount of background applications.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-08-03 at 05:52 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #235
Xyntech
Brigadier General

You should be fine. I'd guess anywhere from medium to high settings will run alright on that.

According to smedley on reddit yesterday, they don't even have minimum specs nailed down internally yet, so we're still waiting on that information ourselves.
Old 2012-08-03, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #236
AtlantisThief
Private

So i jump on the threat-train and ask the same question:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (2x3Ghz)
6GB DDR2
Radeon HD 6870

Im just asking if you think the game will run at all (low settings but +~25fps), aswell i would like to ask what you guys think about an I5 3450 as a new CPU, i currently look for it and just grabbing some recommendation here and there.
Old 2012-08-03, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #237
TheApoc
Corporal

you will be fine, 8 gigs of ram would be sweet. as far as the OP, im not use to amd & ati specs

Last edited by TheApoc; 2012-08-03 at 05:55 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #238
Warruz
Sergeant

Originally Posted by AtlantisThief View Post
So i jump on the threat-train and ask the same question:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (2x3Ghz)
6GB DDR2
Radeon HD 6870

Im just asking if you think the game will run at all (low settings but +~25fps), aswell i would like to ask what you guys think about an I5 3450 as a new CPU, i currently look for it and just grabbing some recommendation here and there.
I dont mean to sound rude as i dont know your level of tech savyness but you will also need a New MB if you make that move which means new ram also(as you will need DDR3 then).

On the other note you Graphics card should be plenty but that Processor is about 5 years old, i would just wait till some info comes out before making a decision but i would not be surprised if a new processor is in order.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #239
Duddy
First Sergeant

I'd just like to point out that there is an entire thread dedicated to this question on the Tech forum.

Last edited by Duddy; 2012-08-03 at 06:08 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #240
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

I can't find the source but I've heard it said this won't be as intensive as Battlefield 3 currently is, but as above says, is designed with the future in mind so they can upgrade down the line when the technology caters for it, much in the way Planetside 1 was, remember the square trees and squareish guns during release? haha!
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum