ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ANTs are like tanks, only they don't have armor or guns.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-20, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #241
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

http://alaplaya.net/forum/
http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/

Well after some further searching - and remembering the Alaplaya website and forums would be doing a lot of the supporting, I found the forums they probably expect us to use for SOE related games.

Note that only the German and English versions have put up a temporary SOE games related general discussion at the top. If I recall correctly, that was made back then largely in response to the storm of protest and questions about the transfer of publisher.

However, if a player expects to find PlanetSide 2, EQII or DCUO forums through the main Pro7 website, they won't unless they scroll ALL the way down to the bottom of the site, out of all the related websites pick Alaplaya and then continue to the forums through the main site of Alaplaya and then pick the appropriate language.

No hassle at all!
Old 2012-07-20, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #242
Aaramus
Corporal

Probably not going to buy anything now, I've got no reason to put any faith in an unknown third party company.

I'm gonna be playing on the NA servers anyway with my Outfit most of the time, so hopefully it won't affect me too much.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #243
RsR Mayhem
Private

Sad but true: PS2 is NOT for EU players.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #244
julfo
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RsR Mayhem View Post
Looks that way unfortunately.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #245
Figment
Lieutenant General

I wouldn't say that per se, but we must make sure SOE ensures Pro7 provides us with an equal level quality game experience and should up the pressure on Pro7 to deliver on all counts.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #246
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

As have been said before... this is not encouraging news, sure. But for now, give them the benfit of the doubt. It's a big company with lots of things on their site... I would imagine it's not an hours work to incorporate this new deal with SOE into it. We can hope they're putting more effort into it right now so that once using their services becomes reality, it's "working as intended". However... both them should, and probably do, know that if this does turn out as another GOA/Mythic fiasco for example, a shitstorm of biblical proportions will ensue. Just sayin'....

I'd also just like to say though, that as we don't know exactly yet how the ingame store will work for us europeans, I did purchase station cash now before the move to Pro7 takes place, to ensure that I support SOE at least a bit for their work on this game. Even if I'd still do that by purchasing virtual credit at Pro7, at least now I made myself feel better about whole thing. :P
Old 2012-07-20, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #247
Figment
Lieutenant General

True, but that website is clearly quite a bit older.

How long does it take to translate a standard account welcoming message in several languages? 10 minutes per country by the local hosts?

This is perhaps not the intended quality of support for SOE players, but even if it's not the level of support for us, it's the level of support for other Pro7 gamers. Mostly kids who need more hands held than we do. And you'd think they'd have had ample time to at least provide a normal support infrastructure for those gamers?
Old 2012-07-20, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #248
leecH
Private

i dont get the "no support" complaint. i play online games for ~10 years and had to get in touch with "support" only once. i always wondered why people seem to be so sensitive when it comes to support. i dont want to have anything to do with the god damn support. game should work after installing it and when i pay money i expect it to not be lost. and if one of this does not work i quit. but since that is not going to happend i dont see the problem.

same goes for account transfers. things like this dont go wrong at least not if people who do it want to keep their jobs.

and after all it is SOE that is selling their rights. its not like alaplaya is pointing a gun at SOE. why is SOE not taking any shit by you guys for even selling it but rather alaplaya who, until now, hasn´t even done anything.

and its really confusing everyone talks about prosiebensat1 and not alaplaya.

its like talking about vivendi instead of activision. no wonder people search for pro7 forums lol
Old 2012-07-20, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #249
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

leech: "Games _should_ work after installing" - I think the should part must be stressed in your sentence, cause oftentimes they don't. And you need support.

You need support to deal with hackers, griefers, spammers - an ignore may work for you, but a living support can deal with them in the background for the whole community.

Someone needs to patch the game (server-side), it needs maintanence, etc, this is not costumer support stuff, but still support that needs to be done regulary and carefully.

You may play the game without conacting costumer support, but that doesn't mean that the game you are playing lacks various forms of support.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #250
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
http://alaplaya.net/forum/
http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/

Well after some further searching - and remembering the Alaplaya website and forums would be doing a lot of the supporting, I found the forums they probably expect us to use for SOE related games.

Note that only the German and English versions have put up a temporary SOE games related general discussion at the top. If I recall correctly, that was made back then largely in response to the storm of protest and questions about the transfer of publisher.

However, if a player expects to find PlanetSide 2, EQII or DCUO forums through the main Pro7 website, they won't unless they scroll ALL the way down to the bottom of the site, out of all the related websites pick Alaplaya and then continue to the forums through the main site of Alaplaya and then pick the appropriate language.

No hassle at all!
Well, they ave stated here before, and do so in the temporary forum, that a dedicated website and forum for PS2 and all the other SOE games is in the making. So I actually think it's a good thing they created this temporary board to clarify on some of the issues and questions. They posted a rather large FAQ and keep answering questions there.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #251
leecH
Private

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
You need support to deal with hackers, griefers, spammers - an ignore may work for you, but a living support can deal with them in the background for the whole community.

Someone needs to patch the game (server-side), it needs maintanence, etc, this is not costumer support stuff, but still support that needs to be done regulary and carefully.

You may play the game without conacting costumer support, but that doesn't mean that the game you are playing lacks various forms of support.
alaplaya not banning enough players would only be a problem if the game itself is so unsecure that there is a huge amount of cheaters in which case i will blame SOE. banning people never is a solution nor support. its covering mistakes caused by programmers.

(i can imagine the topic is far more complicated but thats how i see things so please i dont mean any disrespect.)

and i thought the servers are run by SOE so i fail to see what alaplaya has to do with updates and maintenance. but maybe i just misread something.

Last edited by leecH; 2012-07-20 at 09:39 AM.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #252
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Well, they ave stated here before, and do so in the temporary forum, that a dedicated website and forum for PS2 and all the other SOE games is in the making. So I actually think it's a good thing they created this temporary board to clarify on some of the issues and questions. They posted a rather large FAQ and keep answering questions there.
Yes. Noticed the posting date of that thread?

In contrast, we setup our own outfit forum (smaller scale obviously) within the span of a week with just two people to do all the choirs in spare time next to work.

Originally Posted by leecH View Post
i dont get the "no support" complaint. i play online games for ~10 years and had to get in touch with "support" only once. i always wondered why people seem to be so sensitive when it comes to support. i dont want to have anything to do with the god damn support. game should work after installing it and when i pay money i expect it to not be lost. and if one of this does not work i quit. but since that is not going to happend i dont see the problem.

same goes for account transfers. things like this dont go wrong at least not if people who do it want to keep their jobs.

and after all it is SOE that is selling their rights. its not like alaplaya is pointing a gun at SOE. why is SOE not taking any shit by you guys for even selling it but rather alaplaya who, until now, hasn´t even done anything.

and its really confusing everyone talks about prosiebensat1 and not alaplaya.

its like talking about vivendi instead of activision. no wonder people search for pro7 forums lol
Game support is far more encompassing than tech support. It's the entire infrastructure around it.

Pro7 owns Alaplaya and Pro7 hosts the games on their non-alaplaya sites. They don't communicate any of this to anyone on their site and this creates confusion. You hear "Pro7 gained the rights to SOE titles", so you go to a Pro7 website. You find it and the games are there. NOWHERE do they communicate Alaplaya is responsible for handling it, is a separate subdivision, etc.

Basically, the infrastructure they provide is extremely amateuristic.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-07-20 at 09:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #253
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

This deal makes me pretty wary too, BUT the issues with the localised websites' content really looks like it's here as a place holder while the IT guys are doing their job. Such things are good to get a feel of how the site will look like but just shouldn't be public. Imho it's just a communication error and it will probably be fixed before Prosiebensat.1 actually take over the european distribution of SOE's latest games.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #254
leecH
Private

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Game support is far more encompassing than tech support. It's the entire infrastructure around it.

Pro7 owns Alaplaya and Pro7 hosts the games on their non-alaplaya sites. They don't communicate any of this to anyone on their site and this creates confusion. You hear "Pro7 gained the rights to SOE titles", so you go to a Pro7 website. You find it and the games are there. NOWHERE do they communicate Alaplaya is responsible for handling it, is a separate subdivision, etc.

Basically, the infrastructure they provide is extremely amateuristic.
i agree it is kind of confusing right now. and i have no desire to defend anything or anyone but the game itself is between techtests and closed beta.

this game is still months?! away from release so why should pro7 already have a fully thought out and well structured site for ps2? id rather prefere they work on it till it goes open beta?!.

it is annoying that they handle things not fully transparent. and even more so having another company in the picture does not make you feel more relaxed

but.. for this game you will need a lot of players. this game needs to be advertised. even more so because the term MMOFPS was raped by f2p round based shooters.

Pro7 and Sat1 are two big privatly owned TV sations in germany. they are big. and them branching out and advertising games on TV ads is also huge and something we should appreciate - even though it is less heroic then developping the game itself. Seeing a CGI snipped i guess this is what is going to happen at least... TV ads.. and i would not be suprised if prosiebensat1 is paying for the CGI.

i am just not all that worried somehow
Old 2012-07-20, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #255
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by RsR Mayhem View Post
I would call this "Black Painting Things"
Maybe it takes a little Time.Patience maybe the Key , who knows...

Last edited by Rago; 2012-07-20 at 12:01 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion