Don't dumb down PS2 - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: skinny, tall and hotT
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-08, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
Reefpirate
Corporal

Re: Don't dumb down PS2

Galaxies are only dispensed from particular bases that need to be captured, and they cost a fair amount of resources from what I have been able to learn. This idea that Gals will be spammed all over the place I think is quite ridiculous. Also, let's WAIT FOR BETA.

Also, why the hell is this thread still happening? It's all over the place and full of trolls/dumbasses.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Reefpirate View Post
Galaxies are only dispensed from particular bases that need to be captured, and they cost a fair amount of resources from what I have been able to learn. This idea that Gals will be spammed all over the place I think is quite ridiculous. Also, let's WAIT FOR BETA.

Also, why the hell is this thread still happening? It's all over the place and full of trolls/dumbasses.
A few minutes spent looking at this board and one would realize this is the one of the only threads seeing any real activity...

That's pretty sad, actually.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-08 at 06:40 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
That will never happen due to the half an hour it takes to cap the base, the minutes it take for the defenders to stop the cap attempt and the fact that you can't stop them from respawning at the base while they can stop you from respawning by killing your galaxy. If they take just one of the 3-5 locations and holds that for a few minutes you lost. That's what we learned from the interviews. You might cap one or two, but never ten.
Doesn't matter if it takes a half an hour for one player.

This is how it works.

1) 50 players in a squad, probably Sturngrenadiers, spawn into the game.

2) They all get in their planes and take the long route around the hotspots.

2) 1 squad leader, 4 members per squad. 10 squads.

3) Each squad picks a target, they do not use galaxies to be stealthy. The squad leader stays hidden with squad spawning, 4 other players cap.

4) They're on teamspeak and someone says "GO". Everyone simultaneously starts capping.

How fast does it take 4 players to cap behind the lines? 5 minutes?

5 minutes later, they simulcap 10 bases.

5) People go to forums and complain about losing bases so quickly, and they don't want to play Guard Duty cause it's boring.

6) Patch 1.12 Behind the lines capping is nerfed somehow, probably prevented altogether.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
Traingye
Private

I don't think this is what's going to happen. The longer cap times are going to discourage it from happening.

Last edited by Traingye; 2012-07-08 at 06:44 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
They said 30. You wont hold every position in a base for 30 minutes with 5 people. And why would it go faster with more players, you will just capture the nodes faster, the trickle for actually capturing wont go faster, ergo no matter how many you are you must still defend all the points for the same amount of time.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-08 at 06:43 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

You cant be 2 hexes away from the battles since there is at least one capture point in a neighboring hex. Sometimes two capturable things lies right next to each other.
Why can't you fly around a hot spot at long enough distance to not be detected? There some invisible force field preventing it?

They said 30. You wont hold every position in a base for 30 minutes with 5 people.
Fine, 30 minutes, still doesn't matter. Nobody likes playing Guard Duty.

Or it could be a rolling simulcap. Someone caps a base that's on the "frontline", caps quicker, than there are people in your squad that are pre-positioned to cap the other adjacent base real quick, and then the next adjacent one, and then the next.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-08 at 06:44 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
Stardouser
Colonel

Doesn't matter if it takes a half an hour for one player.

This is how it works.

1) 50 players in a squad, probably Sturngrenadiers, spawn into the game.

2) They all get in their planes and take the long route around the hotspots.

2) 1 squad leader, 4 members per squad. 10 squads.

3) Each squad picks a target, they do not use galaxies to be stealthy. The squad leader stays hidden with squad spawning, 4 other players cap.

4) They're on teamspeak and someone says "GO". Everyone simultaneously starts capping.

5 minutes later, they simulcap 10 bases.

5) People go to forums and complain about losing bases so quickly, and they don't want to play Guard Duty cause it's boring.

6) Patch 1.12 Behind the lines capping is nerfed somehow, probably prevented altogether.
Thus far we have only seen, as far as *I* know, Amp Station Zurvan's details, and it has 6-7 capture points. One person cannot therefore simulcap a base that big even if it were abandoned.

As far as towers and outposts there are several possibilities. One is that even towers or outposts will have multiple capture points. And another thing we don't know is what will trigger facility warnings?

What exactly is the point here? That we shouldn't be able to capture anything behind the lines? That's how you create meatgrinds and people can play BF3 for that.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Klockan
First Sergeant

Why can't you fly around a hot spot at long enough distance to not be detected? There some invisible force field preventing it?
Because no matter which hex you are in there is at least one capturable structure one hex away. Thus you can't ever be two hex away from the action unless you are deep within someones territory already.
Fine, 30 minutes, still doesn't matter. Nobody likes playing Guard Duty.
How do you guard 3 nodes with 5 people against all randoms that will spawn there? If just 10 of the 600 zerglings on that team chose to spawn there they wont capture. If the map doesn't identify facilities which are under attack then it is an UI issue, and if it is under attack people will spawn there to defend. Not everyone, but some will.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-08 at 06:47 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Runlikethewind
Private

Nobody likes playing Guard Duty.
I do. Does that make me weird?
Old 2012-07-08, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

3 nodes?
Old 2012-07-08, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
Traingye
Private

Buggsy you are assuming that no one comes to stop them, which won't happen. No one likes playing guard duty but people do like saving there capture points from being taken over. Also how do you consider something like this not flanking or attacking from the rear?
Old 2012-07-08, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Traingye View Post
I don't think this is what's going to happen. The longer cap times are going to discourage it from happening.
wwiionline tried that, didn't work.

Originally Posted by Traingye View Post
Also how do you consider something like this not flanking or attacking from the rear?
It's a fake front line that only exists on a map.

A real front is populated by players and it has a forward position, a right flank, a left flank, and the safe rear area.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
Traingye
Private

It's a fake front line that only exists on a map.

A real front is populated by players and it has a forward position, a right flank, a left flank, and the safe rear area.
So you think there will be dozens of small battles all over the continent, having nothing to do with the borders, and no big battles anywhere?
Old 2012-07-08, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #254
Kran De Loy
Captain

How is this thread still alive!?
Old 2012-07-08, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #255
Reefpirate
Corporal

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
How is this thread still alive!?
It's a strange fascination that keeps me coming back... I know I should stop, but I just can't help it.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion