The Oracle of Death - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Come on, try it, all the cool kids are doing it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
Roxalyn
Private

Re: The Oracle of Death

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
False. It takes what, average 10 seconds to blow up any motorized target with Striker (unless the user has used certs to up the armor)?

Just an example from last night, not the first and most likely not the last time; i was driving my Sundy somewhere and came across 1 TR heavy in 'middle of nowhere'. He unloaded the Striker on me and i was down to last bars of health (warning sound but not flamed just yet) in about 3 seconds. I tried getting away while he reloaded, but there was nothing to hide in so he got 1 more round on me and i blew up (i know, blockade armor might help a bit but that's not the point). Try doing that with ANY other weapon including tanks. I can guarantee that you wont succeed, atleast with VS gear. Saron HRB or Zoe-Max with Vortexes might come close if you manage to get 1 meter behind the target and get to unload all on its ass.

I've had pretty much the same experience with Lightning (it's way weaker than a Sundy), and the Magrider (with Mag i can use the burner to try to get away, usually it doesnt work though).

And no, i'm not crying nerf. I'm just stating how it is at the moment in game, and the stats don't lie.

EDIT: Not that sheer number of them don't add to the 'problem', but Striker is far from being ineffective.
I know this isn't the place for balance, and I play all 3 factions quite extensively, but I have to say there is a bit of misinformation in your post. I went to VR to test the striker and get a feel for it, and it actually takes 2 Magazines + 2 rockets (12 rockets total) to put a sunderer into flaming. In optimal conditions (sunderer sitting still, nothing breaking lock on line) The fastest i downed a sunderer was around 28-30 seconds, going off a "stopwatch" on my phone. Lock on and reload times add a fairly hefty chunk to the time. The strikers 2250 damage per reload does seem high, but it's a vehicle only weapon.

Also, the decimater IS a dumbfire weapon, not lock on, and can be fired in any situation. The striker is lock on fire only, will not fire at all if it does not have a full lock so it is useless against anything but vehicles, and also will not lock on to turrets.

I do aggree with the terrain thing being ridiculous though, but that goes for all the lock on launchers. Trying to break locks with any airborne vehicle, regardless of faction, is annoying right now, missiles seem to not care about any obstacles.

Anyways, the Oracle of Death itself cares little for balance... and I need to use my flaregun more apparently...

Edit: Not 2 reloads, 2 magazines is what I meant. post edited to reflect this.

Last edited by Roxalyn; 2013-08-18 at 03:23 PM.
Old 2013-08-18, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

A gentle reminder to take resulting arguments into their own threads. \o/
Old 2013-08-18, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
Yetskii
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dreadnaut View Post
Striker is insanely powerful solo, not just in terms of damage output but it causes lots of fear.

Lets just use me flying in a Liberator as an example, and here are my reactions to being hit but ESRL's while speaking to my gunner...

Lancer: "LOL are we really getting hit by a Lancer? Can you please find him and kill him?"

Phoenix: "Whoa, did we really get hit by a Phoenix? I wish I knew who it was so I could send him a /tell and say, 'NICE SHOT!', but oh well, could you find him and kill him please? I won't fly slow anymore"

Striker: "OH HOLY F**K!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!! GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

See the difference? I don't care how many Lancers are shooting at me, they aren't going to kill me. I've never ONCE been killed by a team of Lancers. I've been killed maybe twice, EVER, by a Phoenix. I've been killed over and over and over again by the Striker and it's just a joke. The fact that it's ridiculously OP AND it will fly through buildings and terrain makes it the most game changing weapon in the entire game.

If there was a rifle in the game that could shoot through walls...do you think they'd have fixed it by now?
+1

And I might add, nemesis the other vanu lockon I cannot name and annihilator, in general, get shrugged off. (I am Lib pilot as well) .
Old 2013-08-18, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Roxalyn View Post
I know this isn't the place for balance, and I play all 3 factions quite extensively, but I have to say there is a bit of misinformation in your post. I went to VR to test the striker and get a feel for it, and it actually takes 2 reloads + 2 rockets to put a sunderer into flaming. In optimal conditions (sunderer sitting still, nothing breaking lock on line) The fastest i downed a sunderer was around 28-30 seconds, going off a "stopwatch" on my phone. Lock on and reload times add a fairly hefty chunk to the time. The strikers 2250 damage per reload does seem high, but it's a vehicle only weapon.

Also, the decimater IS a dumbfire weapon, not lock on, and can be fired in any situation. The striker is lock on fire only, will not fire at all if it does not have a full lock so it is useless against anything but vehicles, and also will not lock on to turrets.

I do aggree with the terrain thing being ridiculous though, but that goes for all the lock on launchers. Trying to break locks with any airborne vehicle, regardless of faction, is annoying right now, missiles seem to not care about any obstacles.

Anyways, the Oracle of Death itself cares little for balance... and I need to use my flaregun more apparently...
Well, i was at full health and there was nothing else that damaged me on the deathscreen except 1 guy with a Striker.. and it sure didnt take him 30 seconds. I guess i have to go and try it then and see for myself. If it can't be done, then i don't know what happened there, but i did not make it up.

I must have mixed up the NS launchers then, i have the one that locks on both armor and air and refuses to shoot with no-lock. I regret buying that thing.

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2013-08-18 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2013-08-18, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
Roxalyn
Private

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
My apologies, was just placing real numbers into things, but again the Oracle cares little for such things other then real numbers.

Is there a comparison of Sunderer weapons yet? I would be curious if the battle busses have any clear stand outs.
Old 2013-08-18, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
Well, i was at full health and there was nothing else that damaged me on the deathscreen except 1 guy with a Striker.. and it sure didnt take him 30 seconds. I guess i have to go and try it then and see for myself. If it can't be done, then i don't know what happened there, but i did not make it up.

I must have mixed up the NS launchers then, i have the one that locks on both armor and air and refuses to shoot with no-lock. I regret buying that thing.
Yea but your death screen is what killed you not what damaged your sunderer. In other words it would be the person who got the last shot in. The person who made the killing blow killed your sunderer would have got 100% of the kill damage on you.

Proof that data is one thing but interpretation is key.
Old 2013-08-18, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
Rompopo
Private

Oracle, I have a request. Can you show me some stats on ESF vs ESF where both pilots are BR>70 ?
Old 2013-08-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Yea but your death screen is what killed you not what damaged your sunderer. In other words it would be the person who got the last shot in. The person who made the killing blow killed your sunderer would have got 100% of the kill damage on you.

Proof that data is one thing but interpretation is key.
Hmm.. atleast for infantry it shows the damage received from all who have hit you, and the killer on top... i'm pretty sure it's the same for every unit.

In that case, there were no others.. and the same thing happened tonight infact. 1 guy unloaded the Striker on my deployed sundy (while i was on roofgun desperately trying to see where the fire came from), reloaded and 2 shots later it blew up. It took nowhere near 30 seconds.
Old 2013-08-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

I apologise, oh great one, i will shut up now.
Old 2013-08-18, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Roxalyn View Post
My apologies, was just placing real numbers into things, but again the Oracle cares little for such things other then real numbers.

Is there a comparison of Sunderer weapons yet? I would be curious if the battle busses have any clear stand outs.
It's not so much that I don't care; just that the pursuit of Truth must come before the pursuit of Justice, and I'm only one dude, so one must specialize.

Good call on the buses - will take a look.
Old 2013-08-18, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
Aarth
Private

Good news - found and pulling the vehicle destruction stream.
Originally Posted by Rompopo View Post
Oracle, I have a request. Can you show me some stats on ESF vs ESF where both pilots are BR>70 ?
Here is a general ESF pull from the raw data file Maradine recently posted, it does have data by BR quartiles, but this is for all kills not just specific cases. Getting the really closely detailed and specific result you are asking requires a significantly more complicated set of API search strings to determine air kill and BR of kill then what is being pulled now (Maradine correct me if I am wrong).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&usp=sharing

Regarding the posted data it is clear there is a strong skew in favor the Mosquito. The Mosquito, particularly in A2G weapons, is dominating. A closer look at Liberators (a good control), and the most likely culprit, the Striker, needs to be done (compare the faction kill map of all G2A Launchers). Hopefully API will be fixed soon for vehicle kill stats.

Question for Maradine, in you raw data sheet what is the typical order of your weapon pull for NS weapons regarding Liberators? Can I assume VS-NC-TR or is it pretty much random.

Last edited by Aarth; 2013-08-18 at 08:06 PM.
Old 2013-08-18, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Aarth View Post
Question for Maradine, in you raw data sheet what is the typical order of your weapon pull for NS weapons regarding Liberators? Can I assume VS-NC-TR or is it pretty much random.
Funny you should ask - no. Had a conversation with SOE about that. They're spread all over based on who put them in and when. I'll be re-labeling them in future data sets.
Old 2013-08-19, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #253
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Would it be possible to pull data on the infiltrator guns, especially the scout rifles? And would it be possible to compare them to Inf only SMG kills?
Old 2013-08-19, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #254
OmegaPREDATOR
Corporal

Thanks for this really intersting thread Maradine. Lots of informations and few whine, it change and it's nice.

Really GJ.
Old 2013-08-19, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #255
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Would it be possible to pull data on the infiltrator guns, especially the scout rifles? And would it be possible to compare them to Inf only SMG kills?
I second this. Kinda feel like the SOAS-20 is letting me down overall. Getting some good use out of it but come on, mid range with that recoil?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion