The Oracle of Death - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just add water!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-19, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #256
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Oracle of Death

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
I second this. Kinda feel like the SOAS-20 is letting me down overall. Getting some good use out of it but come on, mid range with that recoil?
It's already in the most recent raw, but I'll bolt a slice on for you:

http://bit.ly/1dio87M

Last tab, called "Infiltrator Goodies".

Going to be doing some major rebuilding this week to get the user query module up and support all the new stuff I'm looking at - will not be necessarily responsive to requests. I apologize if you have something hanging fire further above - at this point I need to spend my limited free time on getting the Oracle to self-serve requests or I'll literally be pulling data all day. All questions that can be answered will be at some point.

In the mean time, I can provide write access to the sheet to vetted parties upon PM request if people are dying for more slices in the mean time.

Should also probably get a move to the SOE v2 API in there somewhere . . .

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-19 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2013-08-19, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
Yetskii
Corporal

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
It's already in the most recent raw, but I'll bolt a slice on for you:

http://bit.ly/1dio87M

Last tab, called "Infiltrator Goodies".

Going to be doing some major rebuilding this week to get the user query module up and support all the new stuff I'm looking at - will not be necessarily responsive to requests. I apologize if you have something hanging fire further above - at this point I need to spend my limited free time on getting the Oracle to self-serve requests or I'll literally be pulling data all day. All questions that can be answered will be at some point.

In the mean time, I can provide write access to the sheet to vetted parties upon PM request if people are dying for more slices in the mean time.

Should also probably get a move to the SOE v2 API in there somewhere . . .
All they have to do is save it to their PC and slice it up any way they want, which is what I did. I am sure some unscrupulous bastards will try and change numbers, but it is easily cross referenced against yours.
Old 2013-08-19, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Yetskii View Post
All they have to do is save it to their PC and slice it up any way they want, which is what I did. I am sure some unscrupulous bastards will try and change numbers, but it is easily cross referenced against yours.
Hah, didn't event think of that. Shows you more or less the mental faculties I'm working with this morning.
Old 2013-08-20, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #259
Aarth
Private

Here is the Liberator data based on the known faction weapon IDs. TR still has an edge particularly with the Dalton. Striker the most likely culprit. Looking forward to a full faction weapon ID map of the Liberator when Maradine has time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2QVdLV1E#gid=0

Last edited by Aarth; 2013-08-20 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I've been on vacation while waiting for some bug fixes, but I can remap that tomorrow, no problem. Nothing surprising on the Lib data - for the moment, real or perceptual, the TR have air dominance, so that makes sense.
Old 2013-08-21, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #261
Chewy
Major

I've been on vacation while waiting for some bug fixes, but I can remap that tomorrow, no problem. Nothing surprising on the Lib data - for the moment, real or perceptual, the TR have air dominance, so that makes sense.
Id say that TR almost have vehicle dominance. Lancers are good weapons as well and can deal with any armored target they want, but Strikers are just, damn.

The new shift to optimization isn't going to help either. Until the new "must have LOS to use" lock-on weapon system comes out then TR will never have to worry about enemy vehicles. You just can't keep anything alive in TR areas no matter how far you are. To attack you MUST be within the 500m range and expose yourself in order to do damage. It is painful as fuck to attack North Indar thanks to the open dead sea.

I know why the Phoenix is limited to 300m thanks to the forced loading past that, but to give it 300m and the other 2 ESLs a 500m and 800m(?) range is pitiful. More so when you see that Phoenixes can't deal damage but once every 10+ seconds. You have to add travel time to reload time before any kind of DSP can be made.
Old 2013-08-21, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #262
fierce deity
Sergeant

O Oracle of Death can you break down shotguns like you did the lmgs & carbines?

Old 2013-08-22, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #263
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Don't know if I missed it, but can we get a breakdown of the explosives? C4, Betty's, Proximity, Claymore and Tank Mine? I'm betting that C4 is a bargin compared to the rest. Or, the rest need to have cost lowered, especially Tank Mines.

I guess you should have all grenade types on that list too, since they cost resources. Also, would be good to have all underslung grenade launchers on there too, since they do not cost resources.

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-08-22 at 11:27 AM.
Old 2013-08-22, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #264
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Thanks again Maradine for the Oracle of Death.

Not sure if range between the killer/victim at the time of death is tracked. Wondering if we can sort kpu by say close, med, long range of said weapon. Might be interesting to see how weapons are actually performing at a given range instead of "how" they are suppose to be performing.

Old 2013-08-22, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #265
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by fierce deity View Post
The data's already in the last big dump, but I can do a full color spread when I get a moment, if you like. I'm trying to concentrate my time on things that will make self-service happen faster.

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
Thanks again Maradine for the Oracle of Death.

Not sure if range between the killer/victim at the time of death is tracked. Wondering if we can sort kpu by say close, med, long range of said weapon. Might be interesting to see how weapons are actually performing at a given range instead of "how" they are suppose to be performing.
Alas, not published. I'll write up the feature request and see if we can get it in the next GU - I'm sure they track it.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-08-22 at 11:27 AM.
Old 2013-08-23, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #266
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by fierce deity View Post
^I'd love to see this too.

Also, O' Great one, would it be too much trouble for your highness to give us puny mortals an update on the most discussed performance stats on this thread (Vulcan, Striker, Prowler)?

I'm interested to see if the pattern continues.
Old 2013-08-23, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #267
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Alas, not published. I'll write up the feature request and see if we can get it in the next GU - I'm sure they track it.
I have been informed by the API team that the Game team is uncomfortable publishing this data. Sorry guys, no dice.

I'm zero for two on requests so far.
Old 2013-08-23, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #268
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I have been informed by the API team that the Game team is uncomfortable publishing this data. Sorry guys, no dice.

Does this mean you have to stop everything?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-08-23, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #269
ringring
Contributor
General

I'm not surprised in a sense. If anything has been demonstrated it is that data and the meaning of data are two different things.
Old 2013-08-23, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #270
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Does this mean you have to stop everything?
No, just that I can't do any data on weapon engagement ranges or aggregate BRs across alts. Disappointing - especially the former - but not the end of the world.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion