News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The best way to waste your time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-13, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #256
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by General M View Post
So have any EU players got in yet? I got a PCgamer UK key.
I don't think anybody has gotten in yet... correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #257
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
No one got in .

i think the invites will be today or even tommorow because they say beweetm 9th of july and 15th
15th is sunday and i dont think they doing invites on that day
Old 2012-07-13, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #258
Karrade
First Sergeant

Far as I know when the haircut happened it started the first waves for the tech test, so I'll say you are wrong here, had a few hints on the forum but nobody is risking breaking their NDA. I'd call not many in yet, but your guess is as good as mine
Old 2012-07-13, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #259
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Karrade View Post
Far as I know when the haircut happened it started the first waves for the tech test, so I'll say you are wrong here, had a few hints on the forum but nobody is risking breaking their NDA. I'd call not many in yet, but your guess is as good as mine
No I don't think anybody here would start yappin' about it, but I haven't heard anything anywhere... so either people actually are keeping their traps shut about it for real, or nobody has gotten invites yet... I suppose you could be right though. We'll find out soon enough
Old 2012-07-13, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #260
RSphil
Contributor
Major

I'd say they will have to test EU servers at some point before release as it will be a different company and different systems used. It is not SOE running the EU servers don't forget. It would be a mistake to only test NA servers. Every game I have alpha and beta tested have always tested servers for euro and NA. We shall see though. Can't wait to get in and try it no matter where the server is at.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #261
Krawanan
Corporal

Guys, no one has gotten in yet, devs confirmed this multiple times. HOWEVER they also confirmed that they are sending out invites today
Old 2012-07-13, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #262
helioN
Corporal

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
the invites for the tech test haven't gone out yet but will by sometime tomorrow. - 12 hours ago

Still about 5-10 hours to go.

Last edited by helioN; 2012-07-13 at 07:59 AM.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #263
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

I think that only NA people near the devs' time region will get invites to tech tests, since the servers will be online for short periods and prone to various tests ^^
Old 2012-07-13, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #264
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
I think that only NA people near the devs' time region will get invites to tech tests, since the servers will be online for short periods and prone to various tests ^^
I guess that makes sense... I don't really know how they do those things, but too me it seems they'd want people from all over the world.. that way more variables are thrown in and more data can be gathered. Meh.. like I said, I don't know...
Old 2012-07-13, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #265
Dacrim
Corporal

awesome! thanks for this!
Old 2012-07-13, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #266
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
I'd say they will have to test EU servers at some point before release as it will be a different company and different systems used. It is not SOE running the EU servers don't forget. It would be a mistake to only test NA servers. Every game I have alpha and beta tested have always tested servers for euro and NA. We shall see though. Can't wait to get in and try it no matter where the server is at.
I know you're thinnking of PRO7 but it is SOE running the servers. However, your substantive point stands, I would imaging that they would want to test their European server infrastructure in beta, at least at some point if not straight-away.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #267
Astrok
First Sergeant

I guess that makes sense... I don't really know how they do those things, but too me it seems they'd want people from all over the world.. that way more variables are thrown in and more data can be gathered. Meh.. like I said, I don't know...
i think we will be able to play this at weekends so it can be played all over the world thought. from thursday till monday morning or something like that or even friday till monday morning.

they use the weekend betas alot these days so i dont see why they will not do it with ps2 to.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #268
GrayWave
Private

Originally Posted by RawketLawnchair View Post
I really, really hope you guys don't screw this beta up.

In order to properly test the game you have created, full time testing needs to be a priority. When you test only during specific days (ie weekends) you really don't give people enough time to test your game. Its more of a demo. Now I'm not forgetting hardware testing and all that but seriously, don't just do technical testing for hardware/servers like other companies do, let people actually test your game so that when it releases we don't have another Diablo 3 launch in the industry.. Because if this game fails, and the poplock is too much to bare alongside mechanics never truely being worked out, I'm either going to join the military, drill my brains out, or take a dive off a bridge. I'm sick and tired of major companies hyping the shit out of their games only to deliver just that. Shit.

On a side note: I have faith in this development team. I'm sure they wouldn't want to be cast aside in a dumpster alongside games like Brink.
All I heard from that was "Why aren't you letting us play your awesome game all the time?"

Did you read the previous posts where they said they'd have windows where they want every player to fly aircraft / drive tanks / use MAXes for the whole window? They're looking for very specific things before the open all the doors.

Also, Brink wasn't bad if you actually gave it a chance, which practically nobody did. People love to slap the "crap game" label around too quickly these days.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #269
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by GrayWave View Post
All I heard from that was "Why aren't you letting us play your awesome game all the time?"

Did you read the previous posts where they said they'd have windows where they want every player to fly aircraft / drive tanks / use MAXes for the whole window? They're looking for very specific things before the open all the doors.

Also, Brink wasn't bad if you actually gave it a chance, which practically nobody did. People love to slap the "crap game" label around too quickly these days.
u are right. i bought brick a few months ago for just 15$ so it was cheap and had alot of fun with it even when i was just playing against bots most of the time.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #270
Exodan
Corporal

Originally Posted by GrayWave View Post

He's also conveniently forgetting the fact that some of us have jobs during the week which we generally consider to be higher priorities so wont have time to play/test. Releasing it at weekends is the best idea as that's when most people will be available to test it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion