Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Scratching that itch no one else would touch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-16, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #256
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

I'm glad you're taking this seriously Matt, because you and I both know you've been losing customers over this by the thousands.

I'm not seeing the official thread of this anywhere on the official forums

I've ranked these in the order I prefer them to be implemented.

Bugs:

-- Screen flash
-- VR still messing with loadouts
--Still can't shoot straight all the time with Engi AI turrets and liberator tail guns. There was an improvement about 3 months ago, but it still doesn't shoot all the time right on the target reticle.
-- Squad beacon denial of use
-- Fix turrets stuck in permanent heat and unable to fire them.
-- When enemies leave their turrets, turrets gets stuck in an up position leading you to believe they are still occupied.
-- Platoon leader is not always in the /leader chat.
-- Sensor darts don't always pulse properly on the mini map

Quality of Life:

-- STOP MAKING VEHICLES AUTO-EXPLODE WHEN THEY HIT THEIR ROOF OR FLIP OVER!
-- Set all vehicle deconstruct timers to 20 minutes. We shouldn't be penalized during a long operation by losing vehicles or making us return to the vehicles to refresh them, just because we chose an ESF or ATV.
-- HUD indicator for all our deployables as to if they are still deployed or not (turrets, mines, c4, ammo, etc.)
-- When vehicles spawn in auto-drive without our control, make them non-corporeal to all friendlies and allow them to stack at the stopping point until they become separated when driving off. (Just like in PS1 - no more driving over friendlies beyond our control, and no more vehicle jams at the ramp.)
-- When dying in a MAX, switch back to the player's most common class - not light assault only!
-- Remove restriction for dropping ammo when other players are in the way.
-- Joystick support
-- Add the ability to ban certain individuals from public squads/platoons.
-- Turn ammo towers and landing platforms into vehicle load-out changers also.
-- Spinning drop pods was a bad idea, and they should be able to do at least SOME damage to all vehicles like MBT's - not ZERO damage.
-- Allow all drivers/pilots to see all ammo counts from their gunners.
-- Put a tiny + & wrench symbol on platoon mates circles. I have no clue as to who is a medic or an engineer in my platoon. Or change the icons to colored + & wrench symbols.
-- Elevation damage indicators
-- Multiple loading screens - regardless of actual total time - are a frustration.
-- Allow platoon leaders to set themselves as squad leaders.
-- Allow squad leaders to change the title of the squad
-- Allow leaders to draw on squad/platoon members maps/mini-maps in squad colors
-- Allow platoon & squad leads to mark players for next designation of leadership mainly from crashes and dropped connections of the leaders.
-- Give public squads the ability to automatically change into a platoon when they fill up. New squad lead is given to the player that used voice chat last, or who was designated (see above).
-- Give outfit officers the ability to create rank names - both with outfit permission features and without.
-- Make turret direction indicators for all vehicles (liberators especially).
-- Missile tracking for enemy lock-ons indicated on the mini-map.
-- Customizable chat tabs
-- Allow squad members to see the name of the squad again while they are in it.
-- Show the date of outfit member's last log in longer then one month
-- Sell additional class and vehicle load-outs for station cash.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
When you hit the interact key when looking at the infantry terminal on a sundie, don't ever have it put you into the vehicle. It's far too quirky atm. and jumping inside the bus when you need to pull an engi or a MAX isn't really optimal.
Actually the opposite has been the problem. You try to enter a sundy to escape enemy fire, the supply panel opens up, and you die.

So look at and weigh the consequences: On the one hand you're killed because the equipment panel activation area is too large, and on the other hand, you enter the sundy by mistake... big deal. Use of the equipment terminal is by in large not life and death. Entering the sundy quickly is life and death.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
Badjuju
First Sergeant

A hot key that when pressed with a number key, passes lead to the player who corresponds with that number key(s).

For the love of god, fix the memory leak, screen flicker, and incessant crashing.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #259
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
Actually the opposite has been the problem. You try to enter a sundy to escape enemy fire, the supply panel opens up, and you die.

So look at and weigh the consequences: On the one hand you're killed because the equipment panel activation area is too large, and on the other hand, you enter the sundy by mistake... big deal. Use of the equipment terminal is by in large not life and death. Entering the sundy quickly is life and death.
I know! Simply create two different options for entering and activating, and then BIND THEM TO THE SAME KEY.

But allow REBINDING! WIN!
Old 2013-05-16, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
ReeferBOT
Private

How about a compass on the larger mini map?
Old 2013-05-17, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #261
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
http://www.newkevindurant5shop.com/images//Products/Womens%20Nike%20Blazer%20Mid%20Leopard%20Print%20R ed%20Black_08.jpg
This actually triggered my anti-virus software as a malicious URL.

Last edited by Climhazzard; 2013-05-17 at 01:53 AM.
Old 2013-05-17, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #262
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Allow us to change the MAX weapon without re-paying.

Allow us to deconstruct our vehicle when out of combat.
Old 2013-05-17, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #263
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Oh and as for bugs well the Repair & Heal bugs that cause you to jump from fully R/H'd back to whatever damage you started with need to go and never come back.
This!

Old 2013-05-17, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #264
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Oh and as for bugs well the Repair & Heal bugs that cause you to jump from fully R/H'd back to whatever damage you started with need to go and never come back.
This!
I personally have never seen this, elaborate?
Old 2013-05-17, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #265
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

fix the Jackhammer.
Old 2013-05-17, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #266
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
I personally have never seen this, elaborate?
well your lucky I guess, when you are healing or repairng infantry (or whatever), you use the magic nanite gun to get their HP back to full from say 25% damage, the flower counter ticks up it's petals so the friendly is at 100% HP you depress the trigger on the healing device and BAM, they are back down to 25% damaged again and all your work is undone or if your lucky maybe they healed or repaired a little, so something that should take a few seconds to do could take you a minute to get 1 MAX or soldier back to full.

It apparently has something to do with server lag, since it's most notable during alerts on Indar or big events on continents, the server can't cope with so much going on everywhere and just forgets (for want of a better word) that you just healed your mate to 100% so he must be at 25% damage and auto puts the clock back or again it only registers a little amount of heal/repair.

No sir I don't like it

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-17, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #267
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

well your lucky I guess, when you are healing or repairng infantry (or whatever), you use the magic nanite gun to get their HP back to full from say 25% damage, the flower counter ticks up it's petals so the friendly is at 100% HP you depress the trigger on the healing device and BAM, they are back down to 25% damaged again and all your work is undone or if your lucky maybe they healed or repaired a little, so something that should take a few seconds to do could take you a minute to get 1 MAX or soldier back to full.

It apparently has something to do with server lag, since it's most notable during alerts on Indar or big events on continents, the server can't cope with so much going on everywhere and just forgets (for want of a better word) that you just healed your mate to 100% so he must be at 25% damage and auto puts the clock back or again it only registers a little amount of heal/repair.

No sir I don't like it
This also happens with medical kits - you use it, you heal to 100% and then a tick later your health drops back to where it was before you used it. The kit is still consumed though...

Old 2013-05-17, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #268
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

No sir I don't like it
It's probably because I stay away from the really big fights. My hardware is not up to it.
Old 2013-05-17, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #269
Stew
Major

The worst anoying bugs that need to be fix to enhanced my quality of life are ...

1: Players strafe warping and hit registration mess up

2: Dead due to lag compensation and latency issue ( double revenge kills )

3: Players imunity bugs where the players as no hit registration on them and are totally (( invisible )) this is one of the most anoying bugs that need to be fix

4: Vehicules flipping for no reason the vehicules need to be much more consistant and have more weight

5: Inconsistant scopes on the reflex 1 and 2 x

6: weird teleport issue while exiting a harasser or a vehicules + harraser switching seat cause some map loading weird issue introduce in gu08

Last edited by Stew; 2013-05-17 at 03:58 AM.
Old 2013-05-17, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #270
laovniux
Private

Misc Info

Outfit tag in the platoon/squad list;
Accurate in-game weapon shotgun stats (nova clearly fires much faster then the phobos despite having 255 fire rate vs nova 400);
Memory leaks and fps optimization obviously...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion