Don't dumb down PS2 - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hey man, you've spilled some Vanu on your shirt.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-08, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #256
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Don't dumb down PS2

Originally Posted by Traingye View Post
So you think there will be dozens of small battles all over the continent, having nothing to do with the borders, and no big battles anywhere?
There will be typically be 4-5 hotspots on the entire map.

90% of players will be at the hotspots

10% playing ninja

It will be very easy to fly a galaxy AROUND hotspots and park them on the flanks and in the rear of every hotspot. Each hotspot will consist of the center flag to be captured and randomly assorted galaxies and squad spawn spawning at 1 oclock, 2 oclock, 3 oclock, 4 oclock, 5 oclock, 6 oclock, 7 oclock, 8 oclock, 9 oclock, 10 oclock, 11 oclock, 12 oclock. There will be no front line it will be 1 center spawn point for defenders, surrounded by random spawn points of attackers. And then the defenders will start randomly setting up their spawn points around their hotspot, so the battle will degrade into random spawn points everywhere.

With the AMS this wouldn't happen, cause it drives slow and has to maneuver around obstacles and it can be defended against by guarding choke points. But with the flying AMS, not a chance.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
wwiionline tried that, didn't work.

It's a fake front line that only exists on a map.

A real front is populated by players and it has a forward position, a right flank, a left flank, and the safe rear area.
Your troll bullshit is growing old my friend.

Old 2012-07-08, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
How is this thread still alive!?
People keep trying to fix stupid.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #259
Klockan
First Sergeant

3 nodes?
I mean 3 places you need to hold to capture it. If you lose one you lose the facility since the enemy have such a large advantage in trickle rate. Larger facilities have even more making them even harder for small strike teams to take behind enemy lines. You don't capture anything just by defending a terminal, you need to defend all of the terminals.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-08 at 07:12 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
Traingye
Private

10% playing ninja

It will be very easy to fly a galaxy AROUND hotspots and park them on the flanks and in the rear of every hotspot. Each hotspot will consist of the center flag to be captured and randomly assorted galaxies and squad spawn spawning at 1 oclock, 2 oclock, 3 oclock, 4 oclock, 5 oclock, 6 oclock, 7 oclock, 8 oclock, 9 oclock, 10 oclock, 11 oclock, 12 oclock. There will be no front line it will be 1 center spawn point for defenders, surrounded by random spawn points of attackers. And then the defenders will start randomly setting up their spawn points around their hotspot, so the battle will degrade into random spawn points everywhere.

With the AMS this wouldn't happen, cause it drives slow and has to maneuver around obstacles and it can be defended against by guarding choke points. But with the flying AMS, not a chance.
I think this is where the fundamental disagreement lies. I think galaxies are much harder to set up and much easier to kill than AMS's because you can't cloak them and they're much bigger. Furthermore I don't see people setting that many up as I don't think more than one or two is needed.

This is my last post as I think we reached the real difference. I encourage you to keep an open mind and at least give the beta a try.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #261
Klockan
First Sergeant

90% of players will click the instant action button which will place them randomly near an appropriate target to defend or attack.

10% playing ninja

If it would be as common as you think to ninja around galaxies then you would just make an outfit that sends up 10 fighters in the air that will hunt down any galaxy trying to cross the border. That would even net them a fairly good exp gain with no risks since galaxies are just filling the skies. A fighter craft crosses a hex in ~5 seconds so it would be easy as pie finding and killing those galaxies.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-08 at 07:17 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #262
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

I'll be on the front lines shootin barneys and elmos, anyone who says otherwise hasn't kept up with this game.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #263
Reefpirate
Corporal

I will be sneaky cloaking going ninja style... But I don't expect to really dominate the behind-the-lines as much as just be kind of annoying.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #264
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Sure there will be people who try to get Gals deployed behind an enemy. There are also lots of people in aircraft with missiles who like to shoot them. Did this a lot myself in PS1, both against Galaxies and AMS.

I don't see the problem here.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #265
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
1. You think 3D spotting and audio spotting aren't dumbdown casualizations? They are, designed to rob from the skilled to give artificial chances to the unskilled.
2. So? Not looking for a realism sim, so the fact that the real sun is blinding doesn't support your case. Annoyances may be different from dumbdowns, but they still are problems.
3. Vehicle disable might technically be realistic, but it's a dumbdown because it's done to cater to CoD infantry-focus players to make vehicles a lot less powerful and challenging than they should be.
If you dont know 3D spotting can Be disable in any servers almost everything can be change from the respawn vehicules time to the overall health to unable or disable 3d spotting !

The game itself isnt all about 3d spotting if you dont want it to be iam kinda suprise to see how much servers run with it since so many players are suposed to be adverse to it lollll

the vehicules play In Bf3 is more polish and better than ever i think you dont even know whats your talking about Dude i have more hours in BF franshise than any other games out there its simply ridiculous how much ive play those games on every platforms !

Your lack of BF knowlege is obvious

the disable systhem is not the problem at all and if for you having kinda custumisation like (( extra armor )) or smoke screen or radar etc.. on your tank

Agains YOU GONNA HATE PLANETSIDE 2 Because the vehicules custumisation systhem will be 10 000 time stronger than Bf3 lol

So the thing that you found Annoying have nothing to do with DUMB DOWN of the game or the franchise its just a matter of taste !

BF3 isnt skills less than Bf2 lol actually it was a way more easy to perform welll in Bf2 than BF3 whihout putting that much effort into it so ...

the Annoying features like Tactical ligths etc.. have nothing to do with a ((DUmb down )) stuff

Its simply an anoying features or a bad design choice no matter how we call it it remains it dosent make the game more casual it make the game more anoying lol

Originally Posted by roguy View Post
Then explain to me how getting disabled after 3 (or even more thanks to reactive armor) AT shots to the front (and 2 more to kill it) makes tanks worse than simply getting 1 or 2 shot in BF2 from the FRONT.

BF2 Tank 1 Hit Kill - YouTube

how to 2 shot a tank in bf2 - YouTube

And link me a video where a tank is doing this good against infantry in BF2.

Battlefield 3 ★IFV LAV 25 Gameplay★[ATGM Reactive Armor] BF3 ★Squad Teamwork★ Strike Karkand - YouTube

Enough with the bullshitting. Tanks are wayyyy stronger in BF3.
LOL for your Bf2 video this was mostly a exploits not a actual gameplay design are you saying BF3 tanks should also share the exploits from Bf2 ?

Their is a way to 2 shot a tank in BF3 2 shot in the engine on the back of the tank and it will blow up also 2 javelin blow up a tank .. but if the guy just reinforce his tank with a extra armor it will be different

Exactly like planetside 2 their will be tons of way to custumise your tanks so not all the tanks will be the same

So having more diversity and less exploits is dumbing down the game rigths lollllllllllllll

Last edited by Stew; 2012-07-08 at 10:28 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #266
Resolve
Corporal

3d spotting is stupid. HERP DERP GAIZ I CAN SHOOT ORANGE TRIANGLES.
Old 2012-07-08, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #267
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
People keep trying to fix stupid.
Only way to fix stupid is to kill it.

Coincidentally that also happens to be reason I play VS.
Old 2012-07-08, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #268
gufftroad
Corporal

... i don't even understand how this thread is still here
Old 2012-07-08, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #269
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by gufftroad View Post
... i don't even understand how this thread is still here
Apparently the PSU community is bored, but still sitting on the edge of our seats anyway because SOE are a bunch of ****tease experts.

(that's a compliment and a complaint in one.)
Old 2012-07-08, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #270
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

"DOOEEe I like to shoot things, DOOIEEEE."

It's dumbed down.
No ones begging you to play it, if you don't like it, leave. And how the hell can you tell? Have you played the game? It's not even in beta yet, and you think it's too simple, go back to your precious Battlefield and Call Of Duty.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-07-09 at 12:02 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion