News: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video - Page 19 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: M.L.W.A. Join Today!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-24, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #271
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Re: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video

Balance>Skins.

^I hope most people will agree with that.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #272
Tcakes
Corporal

I think im enjoying myself far too much watching people lose their shit over stuff that is has been labelled "no where near ready" "alpha" however you wish to describe it. I think the customization level seen so far is pretty great. I actually hope they do go overboard with it. I cant wait until someone gets creative enough to actually make the crazy customs stuff work. Either way, if you dont like what folks have made you can always shoot it.
from what little ive seen, at the core of the game, to me it looks like its going to be great. I also know its not ps1. Ive already that go. Dont get me wrong. I love ps dearly but im fully aware this is a whole new animal and im going to cook it eat it and shit it and throughout that whole process i know im going to love it
Old 2012-05-24, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #273
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

lol... that was awesome!
Old 2012-05-24, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #274
Shogun
Contributor
General

the custos we got to see are ok. i haven´t seen anything too stupid yet, and being able to build custom outfit-looks is great! it has to be a big number of options, to prevent too many double uses, like we had with the outfit logos in ps1. you couldn´t distinguish outfits by their logo, you had to check the name because too many outfits had the same logo. with the high number of players in ps2, that will exceed the best populations ps1 ever had, the chance of double use is very high, so having choices of different animal style skins, different camos or show-off mascot skins are great. also decals like the pinup girls on old us bombers, flames or the open yaw with sharp teeth (like some fighter planes had) are a good thing. and it´s ok to have custom windshields as well. ok the hearty cockpit is the upper limit of stupidity i think but after all we get female chars, and a girl piloting a gunship deserves this option

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-05-24, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #275
Hamma
PSU Admin

As much as you guys hate the skins it's the nature of the beast. SOE will sell things like this otherwise none of us will be playing PlanetSide 2.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-24, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #276
PlaceboCyanide
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
As much as you guys hate the skins it's the nature of the beast. SOE will sell things like this otherwise none of us will be playing PlanetSide 2.
QFT
Old 2012-05-24, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #277
Shogun
Contributor
General

if they want to do it right, they have to sell cosmetics cheap. and this is only possible when they offer a huge amount of options, so everybody finds something he likes and would spend money on. so the more options, the better.

that there is a heart window doesn´t mean we will see it every day. someone has to like it enough to spend money on it, so i don´t think it will be a too common sight

edit: except for the bangbus of course. every dedicated bangbus driver will buy the heart windshield, the fluffy dangling dices and a sexy hood ornament

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-05-24 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #278
Purple
Sergeant Major

i like the skin. i just think it needs a little more evidence of what empire it is.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #279
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
i like the skin. i just think it needs a little more evidence of what empire it is.
that´s a point.
but maybe we should check in beta, if this is a problem. we could still ask for empire specific blinking lights on planes or vehicles then.

Old 2012-05-24, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #280
Kipper
Captain

I think most people have reacted positively looking over this thread.... I trust the debs will find the balance, and if they don't, I trust the players will. It's democratic - you don't like? You don't buy.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #281
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

I simply think they could stick with customizations that don't vary much from the original empire colors and still be able to make a ton of money. They'd just have to put more effort into it than just throwing a bunch of zebra stripes on a vehicle.

I think it would it benefit the experience is all. Some disagree with that, and I accept that, but I feel it's wrong to say that zebra stripes, tiger stripes, heart cockpit windows are really specifically what's necessary if Planetside 2 wants to survive. They most definitely could have taken another route and still have been successful.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #282
Corax
Sergeant

I really am looking forwards to seeing the wide array of skins that the Devs are putting together.

"Victorus aut Mortis"
Old 2012-05-25, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #283
wekabear
Private

I just wanted to say that TB took it to the very pinnacle of 'Extreme' customisation, i guess it was to show just to what extent you could customise your aircraft. I'm sure most of them will be much more toned down.

And TB said that they were focusing much more on gameplay and balancing more than decals and all that. I would imagine they'll add in the majority of that stuff at the end of the beta, when they're just fixing cosmetics and their monetisation model.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #284
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by wekabear View Post
I just wanted to say that TB took it to the very pinnacle of 'Extreme' customisation, i guess it was to show just to what extent you could customise your aircraft. I'm sure most of them will be much more toned down.
Not so sure. I can see a lot of the militaristic/bossy/I'm better than you outfits deciding on a striking camo as their look. Every member will have the same camo. And you will see 20-30 zebra reavers coming your way. And much as some peeps may say they're not for weird camos, they will be awestruck at that sight. I know I will be.
Old 2012-05-26, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #285
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Every single custom paint job I've seen in the game has looked terrible. It's easily the weakest part of the game so far that I'm aware of. I thought the paintjobs would be new mixes of the existing faction colours, so that the overall visual theme of the models isn't wrecked, but they're all just so strange and jarring and ugly.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion