GU09 Will have new Lattice - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No Vacancy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-15, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

Re: GU09 Will have new Lattice

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
am i right that the second tweet means this is just a try and may be unrolled on short notice if kiddys cry out too loud?
Short answer is yes. Long answer is that the lattice/rush lanes is not championed with the community as a whole as it is on this site(which is comprised mostly of ps1 vets). There have been many who have voiced opposition to the lattice for various reasons on the official forums.

Also it remains to be seen if the servers can even handle this setup on live. The test server has a skeleton population even during play test times so we have not been able to properly see how this will work when you have a full cont. It could very well end up with indar being unplayable due to lag etc. The current live servers already struggle with large fights sometime and the lattice in theory will make large fights occur more often.
Old 2013-05-15, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

glad they're FINALLY doing it, annoyed that theres still a mentality of catering to the bads from lolbf and lolcod. ill take what i can get, i guess.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-05-15, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
hope we get the new style towers too
Aye, looking forward to all the base changes.

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They put the PTS back on a hex system. It's been updated but still a hex system that will be use if the lattice fails to work or needs taken down for tweaks.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...m-gone.126034/
Interesting. Wonder why they changed it back.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-15 at 05:58 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

this cant come soon enough!!!! i am sick and tire of all the back capping BS.
i just logged on to connery to see a very active map of indar.like 10 massive fights, but upon further inspection all i saw was platoon and platoons vs allies detected,platoon and platoons vs enemies detected.the sad part is,this is nothing new,this is the norm during off hours. platoons fighting right next to each other, moving past one another to cap more empty bases ,its like they refuse to engage . best fight i saw on the map was enemies detected vs allies detected .then logged on to a different server.

cant wait until these scrubs have to fight.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-05-15 at 06:08 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
am i right that the second tweet means this is just a try and may be unrolled on short notice if kiddys cry out too loud?
That's what it sounds like.
Old 2013-05-15, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
cant wait until these scrubs have to fight.
Boy are you going to be disappointed. People can still avoid each other, it's not cut off that much which anyone who spent a good amount of time on the test can tell you. This is not a restrictive lattice like PS1.

The reason they have the option to pull it at any time is because there hasn't been enough testing of it yet. Basically all you try-hard whiners who do nothing but cry about CoD and BF Players (yeah, you), have spent zero time on the test server comparatively to your own server. All this time you guys want these things and you simply haven't put in your own due diligence to get these things pushed along faster.

Honestly haven't played a game that has a test server that has had such a small minority of the community show up. Props to the guys who are there often, Basti and his platoon, but there's so many guys on these forums who act like they know what's best for PS2 and I've never seen them on the test server.
Old 2013-05-15, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
The reason they have the option to pull it at any time is because there hasn't been enough testing of it yet. Basically all you try-hard whiners who do nothing but cry about CoD and BF Players (yeah, you), have spent zero time on the test server comparatively to your own server. All this time you guys want these things and you simply haven't put in your own due diligence to get these things pushed along faster.

Honestly haven't played a game that has a test server that has had such a small minority of the community show up. Props to the guys who are there often, Basti and his platoon, but there's so many guys on these forums who act like they know what's best for PS2 and I've never seen them on the test server.
QFT.

Old 2013-05-15, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If GU09 is delayed until next week I wonder if anything will be patched or hotfixed this week.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Boy are you going to be disappointed. People can still avoid each other, it's not cut off that much which anyone who spent a good amount of time on the test can tell you. This is not a restrictive lattice like PS1.

ive been on test enough to know it still crashes every 20 to 40 mins.

the other day we had around 38% of indar,and do you know how many links we had? 17!!!! mother fing links to other bases. granted there will be ways to back cap , and avoid fights,but once you head down that lane your options become limited. thus people will be forced to fight for and defend bases. without having to worry about which one of the 17 bases they are going for.

scrubs will have to fight or find another game, simple as that.lattice will do what it was meant to do. create defensive lines out in the field, supply chains , and repair stations,bridge fights ,and massive bases fights. basically turning the game we are all playing now into planetside 2.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-05-15 at 09:26 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

This is gonna be terrible on Mattherson. Indar is bad enough while Alerts are going on. I can't imagine how it'll be once lattice is released and the pops are always high on Indar.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Vashyo View Post
I certainly hope it wont take months to put the lattice on the other continents too, I'd like to play on hossin and searhus too this year, I'm so sick and tired of Indar. :/
Hey whats wrong with Indarside, I have a lot of fun killing there, and hanging with my buds, in the sun and drinking pina-coladas.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
This is gonna be terrible on Mattherson. Indar is bad enough while Alerts are going on. I can't imagine how it'll be once lattice is released and the pops are always high on Indar.
Indar will be the most populated still, no doubt, but it will actually be fun to play again. It's essentially a completely new continent while getting rid of the horrible aspects of the most played continent.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Methonius
Master Sergeant

If lattice doesn't make it in I really wont see the point in continuing to play the game. The hex system has always annoyed the living shit out of me from the start.

I've joined many platoons that just insist on avoiding the enemy. FFS I don't understand why.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-05-15 at 10:04 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Hats off to them, but this or some other meta focusing should have been in at release. I'm just sad for all the people that tried this game and left because it was less than fully featured in November and on, to put it mildly.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Aye, looking forward to all the base changes.

Interesting. Wonder why they changed it back.
I was told that the reason was that Higby isn't certain that the lattice system will work. If something goes bad they are ready to hot swap Indar back to a hex system on the fly. Be it the old hex layout or a remake (I think on one on PST is a new layout).

Like sending your first kid to school on the bus for the first time. You're going to follow the bus and watch him/her enter the building, scared as hell to let the kid out of your sight.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion