MBT ES secondary weapons feedback for Higby - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with 50% more nuts
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-16, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Re: MBT ES secondary weapons feedback for Higby

The PPA is complete ass on anything other than a Scythe where you fire top down on infantry. The fire rate is terrible, the damage is underwhelming and the gun glows bright at night.

The gun would be much more appealing if the fire rate was much faster (think the speed of the Lasher). A damage buff to make it more potent rather than three shotting (IIRC) infantry with a gun that's already hard to aim on a Magrider.

Another peeve is precision aiming from a distance. At a point if you're trying to tag a target with the Saron from long distance (usually someone on a hill) there's a certain area where you cannot aim at. Like there is box that the aiming reticule uses and you can only aim at the four corners, not but the center. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Edit: I feel also feel that I need to make this clear as well:

NO MORE CHARGE WEAPONS FOR VS!!!!

Last edited by WSNeo; 2013-05-16 at 08:45 PM.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Going to echo that PPA needs some help. Personally I would love it to be inspired from the Thresher's weapon in PS1, but regardless right now it feels like it either needs to hit harder or shoot faster.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

The Modified ML85 shotgun for the tank is a PoS, honestly I don't know what can be done to save that weapon because I don't know a soul that uses it.
Old 2013-05-17, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Cooler? Not sure....

HOTTER!!

Might even change my Vulcan for that

Old 2013-05-17, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I'd say the Saron HRB is pretty much perfect as it is now - what we need to see are all tank secondaries balanced at this level. That means buffing the PPA - either faster firing, more splash, more damage to vehicles, or (ideally) some combination of the above.

And buff the Basilisk and the Kobalt while you're at it... as it stands explosive weapons always seem to trump the machine guns.

Old 2013-05-17, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Methonius
Master Sergeant

IMO they need to just fix the secondary AI tank weapons cause they are all boring as hell to use.

Then add some new ES interesting ones to use that are able to fire at all targets but do a little less damage.

VS - A continuous laser beam that penetrates through targets or arcs through them. Does more and more damage the longer its held down. -Think about the voidrays from starcraft 2.

NC - A Rail gun like the thing from ps1 that hits decently hard and left radiation spheres on the ground after the explosion but fires slowly.

TR - Rapid firing missiles, like a barrage of them smaller damage with smaller explosions but they fire extremely fast. Could fire like 4 at once that spiral around in different directions.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-05-17 at 02:47 AM.
Old 2013-05-17, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jax Blake
Private

Remove the nerf to the vulcan and put it back to 900 rpm. Also with the upcoming fury nerf it's extremely similar to the maruader.
Old 2013-05-17, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Make the saron cooler by taking away the 'wobble` that has been affecting it for some time now.
This.
Old 2013-05-17, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
The Modified ML85 shotgun for the tank is a PoS, honestly I don't know what can be done to save that weapon because I don't know a soul that uses it.
I like it on my solo tank.

Old 2013-05-17, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I like it on my solo tank.
Most every tank I see is a solo tank.

Either way, the few times I do roll out with a gunner it's typically when I'm driving into a hotly contested area (where the life span is probably shorter than my timer). To extend my lifespan and to piss aircraft off, I use the Ranger. It's not that pretty and it's only worth about maybe half a burster but it's better than nothing and it's nice to have one's own AA.
My suggestion (that is fair and balanced, of course) is to up the ROF to make them a little more of a deterrent.

Otherwise I've got a Vulcan on top that acts as a spare seat. Maybe a squadmate needs a ride, maybe I've got a spare gun I can jump to.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-17, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ToweTwelve
Private

For Saron HRB:
change it to fast firing cannon:
500 dmg per shot
0.75 sec reload time
0.25 sec delay before each shot

For magrider PPA:
make it like a lasher machine-gun,
or a slow plasma ball thrower, like a BFG from Doom.
Old 2013-05-17, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

PPA is straight-up garbage. Saron mechanics too generic, even without projectile drop, and the .25 firing delay is completely unnecessary - makes it feel unresponsive and unwieldy, especially for a precision weapon. Suggest a reverse charge mechanic - starts charged for full damage, must wait after shot for recharge and full damage again.

Vulcan needs much larger mag capacity, slightly lower and more consistent/accurate damage to fit TR sustained fire MO. Currently operates more like a burst damage weapon, which is completely counter-intuitive for a chain gun.

Enforcer is way, way too similar in form AND function to Halberd. Very little reason to use one over the other. Needs some special quality to make it unique - the question "Enforcer or halberd?" should always be relevant.

can't comment on Enforcer cannister or marauder, as I have very little experience with both.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion