PlanetSide could benifit from a pistol/rifle hit feture - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remove head from sphincter, than play Planetside!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-20, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by martyr
bayonets as a post-br20 skill

Aye. That sounds like a real good idea. Reaching BR20 has nothing to show for it, apart from the cert point; of course. I think that you should achieve something more for all the hard battles you've fought through to get that far. Something as simple as this can be a great achievement for a BR20 Player.
Old 2004-05-20, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I think if not naything else, a commande yelling "FIX BAYONETS" just before a wave of enemies reaches the spawns and everybody going crazy shooting and stabing. You should be able to stab and shoot at nearly the same times so you could use it as a damage boost up close were MA needs it most, i don't know how many times i would have survived using my guass if i had just done a couple more damage points

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-21, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by martyr
bayonets as a post-br20 skill

/agreed
Old 2004-05-24, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Maybe a slight tweak that would combine buttwhip and bayonet. On all armors above standard(includeing MAXes) the knife is mounted on the forearm and is retractable. When the use knife button is pressed(regardless of what/if any weapon is eqiped) the caracter sends out a quick jab with the knife extened that does current secondary knife damage(higher for MAXes, they need melee anyways).

The character cannot fire or reload any equiped weapon in the time it takes for the punch. The punch would act exactly like a knife with the exception of the weapon switch time(extend, punch, retract). This would allow use when support equipment such as med-ap is equiped as well as rifles.

Infils and Standard armor would retain current knife layout.
Old 2004-05-24, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

oooh ooh ! And make the bayonent have a mono-edge! meaning it can make a degree of damage on heavily armoured vehicles or MAXES!!

Imagine! a squad of post BR20 runinng into a room and unloading a magazine of ammo then a MAX jumps in, the squad fixes bayonents and charge the MAX! under a fury of slices and shots its dead!

Fear the veterans!

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-24, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Or more likely, MAX laughs as squad ends up bayonetting each other
Old 2004-05-24, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Or more likely, MAX laughs as squad ends up bayonetting each other
that too

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-24, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Indecisive
Major General

No JH bayonnets plz
Old 2004-05-24, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

this is a great idea. Bayonets would own.
Old 2004-05-24, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeah Bayonets only on ES MA

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-24, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

It should be a merrit commendation for expertise in Knifing, it should be able to be on any rifle (that shoots bullets, not Phoenix Bayonetts)
Old 2004-05-24, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Fly by wire knives..... be afraid... BE VERY AFRAID!
Old 2004-05-24, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

nah i would say a MA comendation, not knife, as peopl ethat use MA are the ones that benifit nobody knifes with other armors

Old 2004-05-24, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

How about having the rifle-hit take a small bit of health but a chunk of stamina? Could be useful that way if it could potentially deactivate their implants and force them to walk. That would be pretty funny, actually.

Old 2004-05-24, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by MadCat360
Like it says, Whacking someone in the back would be awsome in PS! (I'm thinking like Halo) I see close, in-your-face combat more and more and more and more do I see situations where a rifle whack would be perfect.
For that matter, let's add kung fu.

Originally Posted by Neo
I know kung fu.
No.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion