New Idea for a New Lancer - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: M.C. Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-26, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Er, I've used every AV weapon extensively and I don't mind the Striker that much. In fact, I find it to be quite good.
Old 2004-05-26, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Correct myself here. Its a GOOD weapon yes. But in terms of hiding, safety and the "perfect weapon" people say it is, it isnt all happy aim and fire.
Old 2004-05-26, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeha i agree, the Weapons are preaty ballenced in the lopsided ballence that PS has, every weapons is effective in its own right.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-26, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sputty
Banned

Originally Posted by Majik
Yeah and who would want an empire to have an AV weapon where the infantry unit could hide behind a rock and then fire it.....oh wait, the nc already have that, guess that would just leave the tr to have an AV weapon that would, I don't know, chase a target down by locking in on it and everyone could use their AV from relatively safe cover
Wha? You actually think the Striker can be fired from cover? You must not understand the other weapons at all. Hell, the Lancer has far more range than the striker, and covers the distance far quicker than a Striker. With a Striker I have to sit out in the open running around trying to get a lock and then I have to hold it as the missile travels.
Old 2004-05-27, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sputty
Wha? You actually think the Striker can be fired from cover? You must not understand the other weapons at all. Hell, the Lancer has far more range than the striker, and covers the distance far quicker than a Striker. With a Striker I have to sit out in the open running around trying to get a lock and then I have to hold it as the missile travels.
When I tried the TR, I used to popup from cover to get a lock, fire, and duck back. When I tried the NC, of course I didn't even have to come out of cover. The VS, however, have to pop out, maintain LOS while they are firing, then they can take cover again. I am just pointing out that a VS AV user spends more time exposed then the others.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

When I tried the TR, I used to popup from cover to get a lock, fire, and duck back. When I tried the NC, of course I didn't even have to come out of cover. The VS, however, have to pop out, maintain LOS while they are firing, then they can take cover again. I am just pointing out that a VS AV user spends more time exposed then the others.
What he means is the time you're stood out on the field acuiring the target, aswell as keeping your cross-hair on while the projectile follows and hits it is time enough for some geezer to waste you. It takes time for the projectile to home in, and then follow that vehicle, waiting for it to hit. We are equally exposed; because aslong as we can SEE the target (cross-hair on) THAT, my friend, is not cover; because they can see us too.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sputty
Banned

One Lancer shot does more damage, travels faster, and is easier to shoot than one Striker shot. The Striker has to maintain LOS on the target until it hits otherwise the lock fails. You really don't understand how the Striker works if you think you can shoot and get cover quickly.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I'd like to see these things

1. You CANNOT move, you can rotate and look up/down, but you can't actually walk around while charging it
2. takes 1.5 seconds to charge fully, and afterwards, there's a delay as long as it would take to fire the shots individually (I.e. if you charge it up to 6 shots, there's a delay long enough that someoen could fire 6 individual shots, so don't miss)

This would give a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE punch, but a HUUUUUUUUGE delay afterwards.

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion