Another Stealther looking for help - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Self-destruct sequence acivated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-04, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

yea get atv. and boot bomers and med packs in the trunk. so when u get to a base or tower and u need to refiil u can hit up ur cloaked wraith.
Old 2004-04-05, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

If you want to kill people, dont waste your time with the AMP. Get Medium assault and use the Spiker
Old 2004-04-05, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Also i would drop the devil dogs for a better outfit alot of peopel i know in it are getting sick of it.
Do not go around talking smack about outfits. 666th still is in the #1 spot for outfit members so I wouldn't go telling people to get out cause people don't like it...

Zeroraven, if you need help with infil, let me know. I play on Markov, so just send me a /tell and I'll help you out. If exp is what you want, CE is not the way to go, boomering freshly spawned people will not help you.

Outdoor battles, use grenades. Two direct hits with a plasma grenade will bring down any infantry (it normally takes 3 for a rexo). Indoor battles use an amp or scatterpistol. Scatterpistol can take down an agile in two shots (every single pellet has to hit), but with only 6 shots it does not afford you much of an opportunity to miss. Amp is good also, 30 shots and will cut people down quickly.

Do not drop aircavalry, and if you decide to, just drop it for mosquito. atv is the most worthless cert there is. The wraith's cloaking ability is nice, but one mine will end your drive. With the mosquito you can drop into places easily (and quickly since it is the fastest transportation). Mosquito requires no tech (just like) atv, but it will also serve a second purpose and let you kill things which with atv you will not be able to do (the basilisk just will not compare to a mosquito.

I really recommend medic for infils. With no armor it is very easy to die (one plasma or one shotgun shot and you're dead). If you can't afford the 3 certs for it, loot medkits from corpses. I personally can not afford medic (I prefer advanc hack), so I just hack out more medkits for myself.

Again, feel free to send me a tell in game (flypengy) I'm always willing to help someone out.
Old 2004-04-05, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by flypengy
Zeroraven, if you need help with infil, let me know. I play on Markov, so just send me a /tell and I'll help you out. If exp is what you want, CE is not the way to go, boomering freshly spawned people will not help you.
Why do people assume that's all that infil are using CE for? CE is great for xp out in the field, I try to be outside structures as much as possible and CE opens a lot up. See that MAX? One mine, dead. Probably 600-700 xp. See that fully manned Prowler with the flashing headlights? One mine, dead. Probably 2500 or so xp. The proper use of Spitfires will take down any reinforced, no problem. It's a lot of fun to kill in the infil suit, and I rarely use boomers at all. The most common time I'll even use a boomer is running by a tank with the repair crew standing outside it, do a fly-by and drop it down, kill everybody standing outside the tank. Yeah, I'll use it when I get stuck inside but it's pretty rare. I get xp at a much faster rate in the infil suit than as a standard grunt, and I get more kills as well. It's all in people's playstyle.
Old 2004-04-05, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madcow
Why do people assume that's all that infil are using CE for? CE is great for xp out in the field, I try to be outside structures as much as possible and CE opens a lot up. See that MAX? One mine, dead. Probably 600-700 xp. See that fully manned Prowler with the flashing headlights? One mine, dead. Probably 2500 or so xp. The proper use of Spitfires will take down any reinforced, no problem. It's a lot of fun to kill in the infil suit, and I rarely use boomers at all. The most common time I'll even use a boomer is running by a tank with the repair crew standing outside it, do a fly-by and drop it down, kill everybody standing outside the tank. Yeah, I'll use it when I get stuck inside but it's pretty rare. I get xp at a much faster rate in the infil suit than as a standard grunt, and I get more kills as well. It's all in people's playstyle.
Wow, happening to almost find a dead prowler and being lucky enough to mine it and kill all of them inside before anyone else... or... keep air cav (which has reaver) and be the one that brings down a fully manned prowler by yourself and kills it for the 3000k exp. Sorry, reaver is better for exp than ce will ever be. I don't care how you use it.
Old 2004-04-05, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow, happening to almost find a dead prowler and being lucky enough to mine it and kill all of them inside before anyone else... or... keep air cav (which has reaver) and be the one that brings down a fully manned prowler by yourself and kills it for the 3000k exp. Sorry, reaver is better for exp than ce will ever be. I don't care how you use it.
Very little is 'happening' to find things. It takes paying attention and it takes logic, but finding repair areas is actually not that difficult. And my example of a gimped Prowler was one that was easy for a first time cloaker to use. Personally, I take on (and blow up) fully manned tanks fairly regularly, and many of them are barely hurt when I start. Sure, it rapes my inventory but I'll take that every time. It's pretty satisfying to single-handedly blow up that tank or that AMS when all you are is the hard to see guy running around with no armor. Reaver is decent for xp, I personally am not a big fan of it. Not everybody is, a lot of people fail to recognize that. Once again, I can get more xp in the infil suit with CE than just about any other config I've tried (Vanguard being the lone exception). A good CE infil is the most potent AV in the game, period.
Old 2004-04-05, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Really? I've never heard of 5 mines taking out a tank. So... *sniff* *sniff* I smell bullshit?

I guarantee you my reaver is greater av than you running around with ace's.
Old 2004-04-05, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
ZeroRaven
Private

Whoa, fellas calm down. I appreciate the advice from both of you, i'll just have to get more practice is all. Flypengy, i'll definately send you a tell next time i'm on, having a seasoned stealther helping in game would seriously rock. Basically, my main problem while playing a stealther is being seen. I see a nme and hold still, when he walks up to me, i guess his sights must confirm i'm there or something and he blows me away. Either that or i see a guy, run up behind him and he whips around and i'm looking down the barrel of a minigun or something. If i can aviod being seen, i could pwn this game.
Old 2004-04-05, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
ZeroRaven
Private

I dropped the Air Cav cert and picked up CE and ATV, and i see now that ATV does suck. I'm not the red baron or anything, but I do have more success in the air than on the ground. As soon as i get my next BR i'll pick up the skeeter cert.

One question though: is there a way to configure vehicles to have a saved inventory in the trunk so when you get another one, all the stuff is already there? It gets old as hell having to restock only to get wasted and do it again.

Last edited by ZeroRaven; 2004-04-05 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2004-04-05, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Really? I've never heard of 5 mines taking out a tank. So... *sniff* *sniff* I smell bullshit?

I guarantee you my reaver is greater av than you running around with ace's.
4 mines will blow an AMS or a fully healthy Magrider. 5 will pop a Prowler. Vanguard is the only tank which (fully healthy) takes more than 5 mines. So *sniff* *sniff* I smell somebody talking out of his ass. Maybe you should have tried mines a bit more since they buffed them?

Talking crap works so much better when you know what you're talking about. Trust me.
Old 2004-04-05, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
flypengy
Master Sergeant

9735836 that's my accumulated exp on my main account.

When you can actually get it so that it shows your total exp, then you're opnion on kills/exp might mean something to me.

Once again, I guarantee you that reaver is > you running around with 5 ACE's. If you actually find a mag/prowler, that stands completely still while you put mines around it (a full prowler like you were bragging about) then you have found the most retarded people in this game.

Get a clue. If anyone actually believes that your br17 cr1 no skilled 1500 kills ass can pull something like that off, then they've some how managed to be dumber than you. The guy isn't asking how to do the impossible, he's asking how to get exp. So don't pull retarded schemes out of your ass.

So quit talking out of your ass. You obviously are not a hardcore player (dicepoint shows you haven't even played in nearly a month), why don't you leave advice giving to people that actually have something logical to say. You should probably making posts like this guy yourself. For all the nonsense you're talking about, you definitely need help with the game.

Last edited by flypengy; 2004-04-05 at 04:00 PM.
Old 2004-04-05, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
ZeroRaven
Private

/sigh

ZeroRaven: Bringing the war striaght from the game right to your front door.
Old 2004-04-05, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

9735836 that's my accumulated exp on my main account.

When you can actually get it so that it shows your total exp, then you're opnion on kills/exp might mean something to me.

Once again, I guarantee you that reaver is > you running around with 5 ACE's. If you actually find a mag/prowler, that stands completely still while you put mines around it (a full prowler like you were bragging about) then you have found the most retarded people in this game.

Get a clue. If anyone actually believes that your br17 cr1 no skilled 1500 kills ass can pull something like that off, then they've some how managed to be dumber than you. The guy isn't asking how to do the impossible, he's asking how to get exp. So don't pull retarded schemes out of your ass.
Wow, you've insulted one of my 4 characters. That hurts. It was a nice dodge attempt, though. Let's do the play by play again, shall we? I talk about blowing up tanks with mines, you claim it can't be done, I contradict with facts, you try to act like your pile of xp means anything other than you spend too much time playing the game. That about covers it, right?
2 mines for a light buggy. 3 for a heavy buggy or a lightning. Impossible? I guess if you suck it is, but even 5 mines for a fully manned Prowler can (and has) been done repeatedly. It's certainly easier (and worth the running time) to wait for the retreat to the repair zone, and I spend more time doing it that way, but that doesn't change the fact that it can be done pretty consistently.
Maybe if you spent more time in the game actually trying out new things you'd know what damage the mines did. Of course, given the inordinate amount of game time you're obviously playing I wouldn't want you to somehow have to go outside your comfort zone.
C'mon, you can say it. I was right. You were wrong. It's really easy, and makes you look like far less of a puss than trying to change the subject and showing off your penis envy.
Old 2004-04-05, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ZeroRaven
/sigh

ZeroRaven: Bringing the war striaght from the game right to your front door.
No worries, Zero. Nothing at all to do with you. This hasn't even escalated into a true flame war yet, this is just foreplay.
Old 2004-04-05, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Yes, I'm claiming it can't be done. Rather I shouldn't say it can't but for xeroraven's question it is not a feasible way to get exp. What you say you do (I by no means buy your bullshit) has to be the worst ways to get bep in this game. The simple matter is CE is slow to get bep and is very meticulous.

Pointing out my character is by no means a dodge to what you say. So you say it takes 4 mines to kill a mag... while I still don't believe you I'm not here to argue how many mines it takes to kill something, that's for some other retarded thread on these forums. I'm on this thread to help xeroraven know how to best achieve exp as an infil, and CE is not the way. I pointed my character out to show that the simple fact that I'm on the leaderboard for exp should say something about my ability to exp/kill whore. See that VS character in my sig? That's pretty much one weekend's work. (Though I created it long ago). Care to point out all of you characters? I'll happily refer to each one of mine and we can compare. Or we can have a contest. We each create a charcter. You infil with you're retarded mines on damaged prowlers trick, and I'll just run around with amps and grenades and we'll see who can kill more in an hour?

And don't try to bring real life into this... that has to be the most retarded thing people ever do on forums. It's like two nerds bickering about who is cooler. I work (at a restaurant), go to school (12hrs), date, and still find time to drink on the weekends. Do I play planetside a lot? Yes, but it also helps that I only need 4hrs of sleep a night to be fully rested.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion