WoW Destroying PC Gaming as we know it? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: just add vodka!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > World of Warcraft Discussion

Old 2006-03-30, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

I don't know.. I dont really find the end game in WoW all that casual. 40 people in an instance?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-03-30, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Two words: Expansion Pack.

I think when you make a game to cater for the casual gamer, you have to make everything for the casual gamer, hence even the endgame is geared to the casual gamer.
Yeah I'm with hamma here, I don't think anything about WoW is casual friendly after you hit 60.

PvP is why I started playing WoW. The thing that gets me is the characters are fun as hell to play even in PvP, way more so than in DAOC which was the last MMORPG i played. The system however, is garbage and ruins the whole experience. I started playing in the beginning and I don't think anybody had any real idea what WoW's endgame would be like at that time. Once I realized PvE loot grinding was the game and some half assed gimmicky PvP zones and the worst PvP advancement system ever was all it could offer from the PvP side I dropped my account like a sack of bricks.

I'm just bitter that the game is fun on so many counts, but the endgame just isn't there. I'm kind hoping that down the road they'll fix some aspects of PvP and make it way more entertaining. I'm fairly sure though that is just not the vision of blizzard. A PvE endgame seems to appeal to more people (EQ's success?) than a PvP one.
Old 2006-03-30, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

I quit for similar reasons, I loved to PVP here and there but I was always getting bitchslapped by no-life's who ran instances 24/7. I relised the only way I could compete was either to PVP 24/7 and get equip or farm instances 24/7. I decided for neither and quit.

Old 2006-03-30, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

That'll learn me for making a sweeping generalisation
Old 2006-03-30, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I never even got to 60 on any of my characters, I'd keep rerolling them because I knew it would only piss me off to spend countless hours farming for a purple that would be obsolete as soon as I got it.

Old 2006-03-30, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Indeed - I had 2 60's and regret my time in the game. Sure people can say "Oh but there is plenty to do" but personally if I am going to play I want to be twinked. I rolled a gimpadin at first and got frustrated so I figured hey - I will roll a rogue. But even on a rogue I was getting owned.

I don't want to waste my life awway getting twinked - and if you have bad equipment in the game you are dead. It's not based on any form of skill.

Last edited by Hamma; 2006-03-30 at 11:03 AM.
Old 2006-03-30, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

It's just based on poeple with enough money to buy good equipment.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-30, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

no it's not even that. Shit, I'm a lazy bastard, i came into the game for pvp and that's all I cared about. My priest and rogue were twinked as well as real money would allow, but you can't buy good equipment, you have to farm them from instances. That's what killed me. God I hate PvE.
Old 2006-03-30, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Phantomgate
Sergeant

we seriously need a WoW discussion board.
Old 2006-03-30, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

negative on that

Old 2006-03-30, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

How about a general video game discussion board?
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geist; 2006-03-30 at 06:42 PM.
Old 2006-03-30, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hamma
PSU Admin

What about "The Lounge"

Old 2006-03-30, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

But the lounge is for strippers...

Old 2006-03-30, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma
What about "The Lounge"
That would be the comedy section,not so much video games.

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-31, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I played WoW with a Night Elf Hunter to lvl 30 then I quit. Reason is, it just seems like a waste of time to me. In EVE I can train my skills even when I'm not online, so I can actually have a job and a life and continue to compete with those who spend all day playing.

That and I couldn't stand how WoW has virtually no risk. People just charge around like idiots, especially in PVP, because theres no real downside to losing. Damn, when you lose a ship in EVE, it's GONE. You might be able to fly back and scoop up some of your old equipment and modules that weren't turned to dust when your ship exploded, but if you lost it in PVP it's very likely your killer made off with the stuff. Because of that, people actually play smart, and most of the game is about out-thinking your opponent and exploiting their weaknesses. It's a game for the very patient brain-gamer. When I want to play a casual game, I play an FPS. When I want to play a game where I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment, I play EVE.

So, basically what I'm saying is... fuck WoW.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2006-03-31 at 05:08 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > World of Warcraft Discussion