PS2 Razer Keyboard? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: And now, Terrans jumping on trampolines!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Carnage
Sergeant

Re: PS2 Razer Keyboard?

I have a 40cm Razor mouse pad... a big ass VS logo on it would be win... else I will keep my G500 & G15
Old 2012-07-22, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MgFalcon
Captain

I'd pay good money for a VS themed keyboard, my last one had beer spillt on it so now im using some crapy $10 keyboard from wallmart...
Old 2012-07-22, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Joomba
Corporal

What are your thoughts on the Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard?

The other Corsair keyboard that was suggested has too many extra buttons since I don't play MMORPGs hardcore.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Symmenix
Sergeant

Tt's work fine, if you buy one for more than $20.

However i suggest steelseries if you have the cash.
Steelseries also makes good Headsets.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

While cool in theory, I hate my Razer Naga mouse. Well, I actually like the mouse, but hate the software that comes with it. I will never buy their products again.
Old 2012-07-22, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Joomba
Corporal

Originally Posted by Symmenix View Post
Tt's work fine, if you buy one for more than $20.

However i suggest steelseries if you have the cash.
What are Tt's?
Old 2012-07-23, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
bjorntju1
Captain

I have a razer mamba and I love it. Never going wired again.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday since Razer does that for many different games. I already want an mechanical keyboard and it would be awesome to have an NC themed one

But what I really want to see is a Logitech mechanical keyboard, with that G15/G510 display on it. I would buy that immediately.
Old 2012-07-23, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

I own a Razer Naga mouse, and it's served me faithfully for about a year now. Bought it for WoW, and I've since found that I simply cannot game without it, no matter the genre.

Never tried a Razer keyboard though, but a friend of mine has a Steelseries mechanical one, and he's more than satisfied with it. So I say YEAH!
Old 2012-07-23, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Joomba View Post
What are Tt's?
Thermaltake's "gaming" line. Razer's only rival in regards to the sheer amount of marketing bullshit they vomit over their products. Their MEKA keyboard (the one with the squished layout) is actually supposed to be good, though.

If SOE are interested in doing something like this though, I'd emplore them not to go with Razer. I'm pretty sure all their "branded" stuff (SC2, Tron, SWTOR) is poor compared to even their own bad products.

Logitech would be pretty cool, but good luck getting them to make a branded keyboard, let alone a mechanical one...The most I'd expect is seeing a recolour of one of their existing keyboards with a PS2 logo slapped on it.

Steelseries would probably be their best bet, since their keyboards are fairly good and they have a history of doing branded products.

Cooler Master are a pretty cool company, even if they did fuck up by going from Costar to iOne. Their keyboards aren't bad for a gaming company and sure as hell beat Razer's. I don't know how inclined they'd be to do a branded keyboard, though.

Edit: Oh and fuck Corsair. I've never seen such a shitty attitude in response to criticism of their products.

Originally Posted by Symmenix View Post
No, they make comfortable headsets.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-07-23 at 04:33 AM.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
RSphil
Contributor
Major

iv had the same Razer Keyboard for about 7 years and never had any problems with it. id get one for planetside 2. though mice for the games are normally the lower end ones so wouldnt bother with them as i got a razer naga hex wraith only a couple of months ago.

razer mouse mats are good though. got the battlefield 3 one and love it. even the case it comes would be awesome with planetside 2 on it.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tsunami
Corporal

only if it was mechanical
Old 2012-07-23, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Thermaltake's "gaming" line. Razer's only rival in regards to the sheer amount of marketing bullshit they vomit over their products. Their MEKA keyboard (the one with the squished layout) is actually supposed to be good, though.

Edit: Oh and fuck Corsair. I've never seen such a shitty attitude in response to criticism of their products.

No, they make comfortable headsets.
Goddamn dude, just let people like what they want to like. I don't know what your beef is with gaming peripherals, but most of them aren't half as bad as you say they are. Lots of people own Razer and love the product, including myself.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Arovien
First Sergeant

Razer keyboards suck, their mice are alright.

Wouldn't be surprised if the PC gaming peripheral companies like Razer and steelseries are in talks with SOE to develop exclusive products.
There are websites out there where one can order custom mouse pads, all you need to provide is a pic.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Goddamn dude, just let people like what they want to like. I don't know what your beef is with gaming peripherals, but most of them aren't half as bad as you say they are. Lots of people own Razer and love the product, including myself.
Yes, owner's-bias is common ("I own it and I like it, therefore it deserves being recommended" ). I myself own some Razer Piranhas because I didn't know any better when I bought them. Do I dislike them? No. Would I suggest that anyone who cares about sound quality buy them? No, because everything tells me that the best equivalently-priced headphones would sound significantly better.

Also, I said Razer had bad products, not that their entire line-up was bad. The Razer Death Adder is one of the best mice available. However, their mechanical keyboards are among the worst out there. Does that mean they're absolutely terrible? No. Does that mean people who don't know better or have no better keyboard to compare it to won't be satisfied with it? Not necessarily...It does however mean I'll suggest most other companies over Razer when the subject of mechanical keyboards comes up.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
VSENSES
Private

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
I own a Razer Naga mouse, and it's served me faithfully for about a year now. Bought it for WoW, and I've since found that I simply cannot game without it, no matter the genre.

Never tried a Razer keyboard though, but a friend of mine has a Steelseries mechanical one, and he's more than satisfied with it. So I say YEAH!
I just bought the 6G V2 from steelseries and it feels awesome gaming with it. So I recommend it too!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion