Your planetside 2 youtube movie plans. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Arnold Schwarzenegger for Admin!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-23, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Your planetside 2 youtube movie plans.

Originally Posted by Novice bot View Post
Am I the only one thinking that these videos could end up being counter-productive, as at worst enemies can learn from them?
I've thought about it, but I think it's sorta overreacting.

Or perhaps one needs to start utilizing a more diverse set of tactics so that their entire gameplay wont be watered from uploading a few videos

Also that's the strength of Youtube vids over Streaming - you get to choose what gets shown instead of everything that happens to go on in ur screen at that time.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-23, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Absolutely not, those people aren't too smart. Recording to your main drive makes your PC work harder and the game lag more because the HDD has to focus on both reading and writing to the hard drive; you get much better performance recording to the external because your main drive can focus on running the game.

As for me, I'll be recording game sessions here and there showcasing different styles of gameplay, nothing special. I don't tend to edit things.
I'll give External recording another shot then. Thanks

The PC I'm building in my head will have one HD for Windows and other non game programs, one HD for Video recording and an SSD for gameplay. As well as 2 video cards. But until I get a couple thousand dollars to invest into my youtube career I won't be able to build that PC. Maybe next tax refund lol.

Until then I'll just have to work with what I have/can easily afford.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
You're the guy who took all the damage/death voice emotes from PS1 for the female and male avatars and mixed them together so it sounded like they were screwing, aren't you?
That was NoXous.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

If my computer can handle Fraps and PS2 at the same time I'll be making a ton of videos.
Old 2012-07-23, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Pella
Captain

I will be ripping ingame footage we have seen 1000 times. Then overlay some cool music. Possibly Dubstep. Then pass it off as fan art.

Here is an example of my work. This took just under 200 Man hours.

Old 2012-07-23, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
IronMole
Sergeant Major

MSI Afterburner...
Old 2012-07-23, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Novice bot View Post
Am I the only one thinking that these videos could end up being counter-productive, as at worst enemies can learn from them?
Dude, all they need to learn that is create an alt on another server. There they can learn all about personality types, weapons, and the culture that grows out of that combination.

I created an NC alt on Emerald many years ago to sort of see what life looked like on the smurf side, and lo... they behaved just like the smurfs on Markov. Lots of cameraderie, lots of user-friendly firepower, no support whatsofreaking ever, very little organization. It was a gigantic cheerful lethal mob. Which I already knew.

Time and good outfits have an impact on all of this, but still. It was an interesting lesson.

You're worried about trifles.
Old 2012-07-23, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tsunami
Corporal

not letting you steal my ideas.
Old 2012-07-23, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by JoeDragon View Post
I'll give External recording another shot then. Thanks

The PC I'm building in my head will have one HD for Windows and other non game programs, one HD for Video recording and an SSD for gameplay. As well as 2 video cards. But until I get a couple thousand dollars to invest into my youtube career I won't be able to build that PC. Maybe next tax refund lol.

Until then I'll just have to work with what I have/can easily afford.
It pretty much just comes down to how fast the external can write and how much is it trying to write (as in quality of video). Many externals have like.. 7200 rpm nowadays so shouldnt be a huge problem, especially if its USB3.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-23, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
It pretty much just comes down to how fast the external can write and how much is it trying to write (as in quality of video). Many externals have like.. 7200 rpm nowadays so shouldnt be a huge problem, especially if its USB3.
USB2 Sadly, however I'll play around with quality. I originally used it but one person commented about some lag in one of my early videos so I switched. But looking back most of my initial videos turned out ok and it was during an open beta of SWTOR in the main Capital Space Station so that may have contributed to the lag.

I'll just have to play around with it in the short term until I can upgrade.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Ill be making videos, both for an outfit I join and just hype gameplay.

However, I'm not posting my ideas here.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Dumb question of the day: I know there are USB 3.0 cards available. If I buy one and stick it in, will that give me 3.0 speed even though my mobo only came stock with several 2.0 slots? Is my low-budget machine 3.0 *capable*?
Old 2012-07-23, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Timithos
Master Sergeant

You're the guy who took all the damage/death voice emotes from PS1 for the female and male avatars and mixed them together so it sounded like they were screwing, aren't you?
More like giving birth. It's too bad they didn't sequence the sounds to make it sound like actual sex.

Old 2012-07-23, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Dumb question of the day: I know there are USB 3.0 cards available. If I buy one and stick it in, will that give me 3.0 speed even though my mobo only came stock with several 2.0 slots? Is my low-budget machine 3.0 *capable*?
If the USB 3.0 expansion card goes into a PCi-E slot. A standard PCI slot expansion can only give 133 MB/s max, which is about 1/5 of USB 3.0's limit. If it's an ExpressCard expansion (though I've never heard of one of those kind...) it would give a max 2.5 Gbps throughput speed, which is much faster than USB 2.0 but only half as fast as 3.0. Hope that answered your question!
Old 2012-07-23, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
ShazMyBot
Private

I've bee working on a Planetside 2 machinima series since the GDC alpha footage was released. The months up until e3 involved laying a lot of ground work, as well as brainstorming a good foundation to stand on.

I won't go into too much detail about it, but as of right now I have six scripts awaiting polishing and grammar-check, as well as several more in the writing stages.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion