News: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: With great power...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Game Update 09 patch notes - 22nd May 2013

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Ah, I thought that NS weapons would only be affected differently by the Lockdown i.e. a smaller bonus.

Interesting. Was an obvious choice before on what to use Lockdown with, now.. Not so much for me.
If they did they'd only have to remove it down the line. The NC would go apeshit.

Liking the notes! Ultra officially a setting, which I'll have to try because when I've done the roundabout way via notepad I've always screwed something up.

Can someone post the new ES MBT weapon models when they can? I'm stuck in work

Also: so long Indar V1.0

Old 2013-05-22, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Its a shame those animators that had free time not so long ago couldn't have worked on the anchoring TR MAX.
That would have looked cool, no doubt they'll probably get around to it eventually.

Does anyone have a time it takes for a MAX to release from lock down?
Interested to know how long we have to....take them from behind
Old 2013-05-22, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Its a shame those animators that had free time not so long ago couldn't have worked on the anchoring TR MAX.
That would have looked cool, no doubt they'll probably get around to it eventually.

Does anyone have a time it takes for a MAX to release from lock down?
Interested to know how long we have to....take them from behind
Well any smart squad that are using lockdown in a building will use walls or take two maxes back to back to create a 360° kill zone.

PS: Do not answer this question it's regarded as high treason to give out this info outside of the TR community

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-05-22 at 08:57 AM.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

No mention of fixing the lag.

I hope restarting servers does the trick.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
Never mind that the community insisted that HEAVY WEAPONS do NOT belong on a LIGHT vehicle.
Don't be so critical just yet... I'm guessing the "H" in the end of the name suggests that the Harasser versions of these are severely nerfed.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

And lo' on the 8th day of the 2nd fortnight, in the month of Maia, there came upon the community a great firestorm.

Of such scale that ne'er before had such been seen. Tears flowed like Rivers, and here and there went the jotnar, into the squares to defile those places with their presence
This is pretty much how I am seeing today happen.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Don't be so critical just yet... I'm guessing the "H" in the end of the name suggests that the Harasser versions of these are severely nerfed.
Would certainly be a reasonable expectation.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-22 at 08:44 AM.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Aren't the ES anti-tank weapons theoretically balanced with the Halberd anyway? If the Harasser is ok to have the Halberd, I don't necessarily see any balance issue with it getting the ES equivalents.

Old 2013-05-22, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
camycamera
Major

this is quite possibly the best update so far! from the bug fixes to the lattice, to the changes in falilities and the spawn generator shields, and even the changes in the Crown points, this game is starting to regain my interest again (i lost interest today XD).

i bet this will bring some people back.

oh! and they changed some of the weapon prices? it better be for both certs and SC.... death to 1000c weapons!

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-05-22 at 08:56 AM.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Aren't the ES anti-tank weapons theoretically balanced with the Halberd anyway? If the Harasser is ok to have the Halberd, I don't necessarily see any balance issue with it getting the ES equivalents.
You see nothing wrong with a vehicle that runs around at 90+ kph with the Vulcan on it? -_- What game do you play? :P
Old 2013-05-22, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Well, during the Hrsr test many people pointed out how OP Vulcan and Saron on the Harasser were. This is one of the reasons the ES weapons didn't make it to the first implementation.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You see nothing wrong with a vehicle that runs around at 90+ kph with the Vulcan on it? -_- What game do you play? :P
Aye, there was a good reason as to why they didn't include the Vulcan when the Harasser was released. I can only think that they have now more or less balanced it properly with this new variant.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I don't play TR, so I've never used the Vulcan, and as a VS I haven't really noticed being killed by it. So overall I have no real opinion on it. I know a lot of people here were outraged by it being mounted on the Harasser, but I've never really seen an explanation why.

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Well, during the Hrsr test many people pointed out how OP Vulcan and Saron on the Harasser were. This is one of the reasons the ES weapons didn't make it to the first implementation.
I've not used the Halberd that much, but isn't it broadly similar to the Saron HRB (or at least the old version of it)? Slow-firing, hard-hitting anti-armour weapon with OHK vs infantry?

I guess what I want to know is why is it ok for the Harasser to get the Halberd but not the HRB or Saron? Does this mean the HRB and Saron are generally OP compared to the Halberd, or is there something specific that makes them balanced on a MBT but not on a Harasser?

Or is the Harasser having the Halberd already OP? From the number of people who use it, I suspect it probably is, in which case why aren't people complaining about that too?

Old 2013-05-22, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I don't get the changes to the Saron and the ML85. I really thought they were good, just needed minor tweaks.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
camycamera
Major

oh, and also the new reloading fix! can't wait, now i will never have to wait until my HA pulls up his rocket launcher after he reloaded it, meaning that i can switch weapons without having to worry about having to reload when switching back during the animation in which he pulls up the launcher back onto his shoulder, this is such a fantastic change, THANK YOU
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion