Higby wants to know what we think about GU9 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Playing "catch" with a Vanguard shell. Not a good idea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-25, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Raka Maru
Major

I like the patch. Battles are bigger and more focused. They go back and forth often if the sides are matched.

It could us a stealth ops feature for link breaking the lattice. Then recovery teams would need to fly out to take care of it. And an LLU again.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Higby wants to know what we think about GU9

One thing I've noticed with the bigger battles is once again having any ground armor be disintegrated by TR due to rendering issues. Can't see what the fuck is hitting my Magrider as I die to the hundreds of striker, pheonix's, and AV turrets. I'd love to know why the hell the dev team is concerned with Air to Air combat when the ground vehicle combat is horrendous in this game.
Meanwhile, not a single Vanu even uses the Vortex anymore because of how bad it is. Fucking Basilisk kills a MBT faster than the Vortex.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
snafus
Sergeant Major

Fight concentration is great. But the buffs to the max's along with the more concentrated fights have out right castrated air. You guys have to nerf the burster before you only have us hardcore air **** left to shoot at in this game.

Old 2013-05-25, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
NC Aegis paper mache shield 60 HA bullets while you walk like a tortoise unable to fire and getting smashed from above/left/right/behind(even in the front some times)
I like this. Paper mache? Now I know you are exaggerating, but you need to do simple math before you make statements like this. So if the Aegis shield can absorb 60 HA bullets... that means 8,580 damage (143 damage per bullet = Orion) at the lowest or 12,000 (200 damage per bullet = NC6 Gauss Saw) at the highest. Something that can absorb 8,580 damage is paper mache?
Old 2013-05-25, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I like this. Paper mache? Now I know you are exaggerating, but you need to do simple math before you make statements like this. So if the Aegis shield can absorb 60 HA bullets... that means 8,580 damage (143 damage per bullet = Orion) at the lowest or 12,000 (200 damage per bullet = NC6 Gauss Saw) at the highest. Something that can absorb 8,580 damage is paper mache?
In a game of thousands yes and at the pace you move with it yes.... papermache. But this is not the thread for discussion.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

1)The lattice. It succeeds in funneling the zergs at each other, and in reducing ghost hacking to a bareass minimum. Plus, many obscure bases and outposts are now battlefields by necessity. Places that never saw anything but ghost hacks before are fought over like they were the Crown. That, de facto, is new content for free. (You'll see the same dynamic at work when and if we can wheedle you into giving us sancs and rotating WG's).

2) The improved pop on Connery post-merge. The fights are incredible. I want to partake in them badly enough that I've just ordered the fastest 6-core CPU my mobo will accommodate. Right now my elderly rig is staggering around with FPS in the low teens. And given the spectacle that surrounds me, I don't mind a bit.

Dislikes:

1) The TR MAX doesn't actually stomp its bucket-sized feet and deploy its anchoring spikes. It just sort of leans forward like its trying to execute some kind of lumbering ballet move. It's ghey. It also isn't much of a clear indicator to TR engies how safely they can kneel behind a MAX and not have to worry about the MAX jockeying out of the way. Our tanks have anchoring animations. Our MAXes ought to get one too, as soon as the man-hours can be spared (ha!) to implement it.

2) It takes half an hour to an hour to get into Indar anymore because everyone is digging the awesome battles there.

3) Lag. I'm not sure whether it's the increased pop or something getting borked for my particular box in the new release. Prolly both, and mostly the former. Like I say, given the benefits I can live with it, and have just ordered a hot new CPU to cope. I trust the work on optimization continues apace.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
In a game of thousands yes and at the pace you move with it yes.... papermache. But this is not the thread for discussion.
So you are complaining that you cant tank multiple people focuisng fire on you.....seems legit. So by that logic MAXes suck in general becouse you can get focused down.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sifer2
Major

The Good:

Lattice. It's not perfect yet but it's a step in the right direction. It's brought the massive battles back to Planetside 2, and made defense worthwhile. The issue now that it's pointing out though is how a lot of the bases/outposts don't feel well designed for such large battles. Making the SCU not go down until the base is practically capped already makes offense incredibly difficult in some cases too. Whether this is a good thing or bad I don't know yet.

Price reduction on some lesser used guns. I don't find this a perfect solution that you are basically admitting some guns are worse than others, and just making them cheap to compensate. It's dangerously close to Pay 2 Win territory. But at least things like entry level shotguns, and MAX arms help make the game more newbie friendly.

The Bad:

MAX abilities don't feel balanced. ZOE seems to take a dump over the other abilities in terms of usefulness. It seems like a straight up buff to VS MAX in every way where as Lockdown/Aegis are highly situational abilities. Lockdown is almost unusable for AI play as well due to how long it takes to unlock, and move. You can see people shooting rockets at you, and it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion just nothing you can do cause it takes so long to start moving again. The setup time is fine but you should be able to unlock much faster. The lockdown stance itself also looks horrible, and I can only assume is a work in progress.

You increased the cost of the Halberd instead of balancing it. Really lame move. It probably shouldn't be an Infantry sniper cannon. Same for the Saron. AV weapons should not have perfect accuracy. This is always just going to be abused to kill Infantry.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Now that I've seen it, Overdrive (ZOE) is much more useful than lockdown as several people tried to point out to me prior to this going in. Any of those people reading this, I'd like to apologize. You were right.
The one real ragemaker is the ADAD bullshit people can pull with the increased speed. On my screen all that means is that the warping is back. Stutter right then *blip* the VS MAX is a couple meters to the side of where it was a second ago. I don't mind aiming as long as my target isn't teleporting.

The lattice is pretty good but it still needs some tuning. Drains of some sort are needed to break stalemates and open up new avenues of attack. IMO a drain that is done by one person should be easy to clean up provided anyone responds to it, while a drain/hold done by a squad or two should be significantly more difficult.

Base development seems to be ongoing, so I can't complain too much there. I've been told that Saurva South Fortress is 'best base' but I've yet to get a fight there. It looks pretty awesome though.

The change to SCU shield gens is godawful though. Seriously, it's a shit mechanic.

Also, and I'm sure people are working on this: Lockdown = Spikes in ground.

Also Also, we should be able to spawn up and down the lattice. That is to say that the bases that are linked to whatever base we're fighting/dying at should be an option to spawn into.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-05-25 at 11:54 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Crator
Major General

Lattice is great!
Old 2013-05-25, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
1)The lattice. It succeeds in funneling the zergs at each other, and in reducing ghost hacking to a bareass minimum. Plus, many obscure bases and outposts are now battlefields by necessity. Places that never saw anything but ghost hacks before are fought over like they were the Crown. That, de facto, is new content for free. (You'll see the same dynamic at work when and if we can wheedle you into giving us sancs and rotating WG's).
I KNOW right?
Take NS Abandoned Offices; It was a little shit of a base that only served to allow one to jump straight from Mao to Crimson Bluff Tower and back via Hex Adjacency, constantly being Ghostcapped to and fro because it wasn't importnant enought to bother holding.

Now it's one of only TWO links connecting the North and South-East Warpgates, plus since it's between Mao South East Gate and Howling Pass Checkpoint it's now constantly the center of huge battles!
Old 2013-05-25, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Liking the lattice change and cheaper guns, I caved in and bought the warden for 250 certs and I love it, cant understand the negativity.

Still lot of bases are lost because enemy brings superior numbers, u still can kinda run around zerging wihtout meeting the enemy because tehres so many lattice links.

I like the new bases, they look more complex and some change the battleflow that's allways a positive. Love the tunnels, more of those please especially on amerish.
Old 2013-05-25, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Phreec
Corporal

MAX's. Terribly balanced MAX's.

To begin with, none of the new MAX abilities should work with NS weapons. You've completely disrupted the meta-balance by allowing two factions get super Bursters while leaving one faction in the dark.
Hard counters like AA should be about equal across all factions. Sure, the ESRL's have various degrees of effectiveness but since NS Bursters are pretty much the main AA weapon I don't see any reason why they insist on creating such severe imbalance.

ZOE.
Lets take a look at the MAX class. What's its biggest and only downside? What's its weakness?
Right, the lack of mobility. Now lets imagine giving them a button that they can simply toggle on and off as they please in order to neglect that weakness with no cooldown. Oh but that's not all, they'd also get increased damage so they can move at jogging speed AND fire at the same time.
BUT... They'd also take more damage if you'd actually manage to hit them while they're prancing around, left and right like jacked up lobster people. But that doesn't really matter since you'd be dead before you can even react or they'd just simply turn their ZOE off and well, become a MAX again rather than some sort of hipfiring infantry unit with loads of HP...

Wouldn't that be absolutely crazy? But I doubt SOE would even consider such ridiculous MAX ability. I mean, SOE has to have at least ONE sane person in their studio who'd see how flawed such faction specific advantage would be and stop it.

Fractures.
Didn't come with this GU but something's off when dual AV weapons are used to attack biolabs...
They should deal minimal damage against infantry but still be viable against enemy MAX's. Currently they're faaar too versatile and more like Anti-Everything rather than AV. At least with Falcons you only get one shot before you have to reload for ages. With Fractures it's constant spamspamspam so no big deal if you miss.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Phreec View Post
Fractures.
Didn't come with this GU but something's off when dual AV weapons are used to attack biolabs...
They should deal minimal damage against infantry but still be viable against enemy MAX's. Currently they're faaar too versatile and more like Anti-Everything rather than AV. At least with Falcons you only get one shot before you have to reload for ages. With Fractures it's constant spamspamspam so no big deal if you miss.
To be fair the Fracture is a good weapon mostly for its accuracy...
We TR Marksmen aren't use to having something that can actually hit shit at range, so we REALLY love the Fracture.

My best advice for if you are seeing a lot of FracMAXes in Infantry combat is to circle and flank them up close.
The Fracture sacrifices the Terran trait of filling an area with lead for its concentrated Killing power, so two Light Assaults kiting one FracMAX should be super effective since as long as you split his focus he'll only be able to spam rockets towards one of you at a time.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I want to know why they nerfed the Vortex, which most people believed needed a buff.
This this this this this this this.

I freaking love the lattice, but the stealth-nerf they did on the Vortex ruined the patch for me. Not even ZOE could cheer me up. At least tell us why you did it!

Last edited by Rasui; 2013-05-26 at 01:30 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion