What class/vehicle do you have the most certs in, and why? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Animal tested, Kitty aproved.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-28, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Boildown
Sergeant

Re: What class/vehicle do you have the most certs in, and why?

Medic - Best score per hour IMO. I've by now spread out into most other classes but my medic is nearly complete cert-wise, because its a great class to farm certs with. Just find a Bio-Lab defense, get a shotgun, and rez people. Record breaking (for me) score per hour potential.

Reaver - I got into the ESF game pretty late, and I feel that I need it fully certed out to even have a chance to compete with the other fliers. I've even certed a lot of things I never use (like dogfighting frame and ejection seat) so that I'll have it on the day I need it, or they buff it into usefulness. I probably put 5000 certs into the Reaver before flying it for the third time, just because the first two times I seemed so out-flown and then had such a long wait for a respawn, it was just unacceptable.

By the way, the double XP weekends are great for those 1000 point certs that suck saving up for, but you feel you need to get.

I wish I didn't put certs into lolpods. I hate lolpodders. I put certs into it because I assumed that's what I'd be doing in the air, back when I was putting all those certs into the ESF before flying it for the third time. But very rarely go air to ground, and when I do I use the Air Hammer. I actively try to destroy enemy lolpodders because I hate them (the game would be much better nerfing the hell out of them), so I would feel dirty becoming one of them.

I don't keep certs in reserve. I still have a lot of things to get. I just now got max C4/mines/grenades etc for all my classes. Just now getting flak 4, let alone flak 5 for all my classes (it maxes out at 5 right? On my medic I use nanoweave.) About the OP's BR 34 friend, I noticed that to go from BR 99 to BR 100 takes as much XP as going from BR 1 to BR 34.

I just passed the half way point XP-wise to getting BR 100, and I'm at 80. BR 100 is just a ridiculous amount of playing for those of us that never bothered to Lib farm while it was good. I imagine when I've gotten max flak armor for all my classes and completed the Reaver, then I'll start certing the Galaxy while keeping a reserve for whatever they release next that I'll want to get ASAP. But until then I think that a cert not spent is a cert not helping me.

Last edited by Boildown; 2013-05-28 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

I have relatively few certs in vehicles. Our outfit just doesn't use them much, and I play solo less and less the past couple months. That said

Mossie: bought quite a lot for this; rocketpods, A2A missiles, rotary, some composite armor, a few into each of the chassis to try to them out. Total waste for all of it; I really can't fly for shit. Wish I could get all that back.

Lib: nothing

Gal: nothing

Prowler: Some acquire time certs, HE w/nightvision and a few ammo cap upgrades, HEAT only as a zoom upgrade, maybe 3 levs into mineguard but nothing else. Was great farming back in the day, but I don't drive it anymore.

Lightning: pretty much the same as prowler

Harrasser: haven't pulled one ever

Flash: Scout 4, kinda cool but don't pull it that often

Sundy: AMS, ammo resupply 1, mineguard 4, and the 1-pointer cheap upgrades to the weaps

HA: NMG/resist shields maxed. Flak 5. Necessary scopes/attachments for TMG-50, MSW-R, T16. Striker. Nighthawk for indoors.

Engy/Med: tools maxed out, flak 4 for each, grenade launcher for each, but use the standard weap or shotgun instead

LA: flak 4 (I hate prox mines) and both C4s

Infil: jack squat. I think i have nano 3 and a scope, that's it.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-05-28 at 01:21 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Vanguard, because at the end of the play session my name is still Baneblade.

Besides, Im good at it.

Old 2013-05-28, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Scythe - I flew a lot earlier. It's nearly maxed. But the amount of AA...and AP shells just makes it suck. Have to repair after every pass, or at least wait for the flares to tick over. Dogfighting is just a way to put yourself higher in the air so you get more flak shot at you. I don't touch it much anymore.

Magrider - Lots of stuff. AP gun with reload speed and ammo. Sauron that's midway up the tree. Get lots of mileage out of it. Probably shoot down more ESFs with the AP gun than I do with the Hailstorm Scythe.

Sundy has AMS, mine guard and the traction frame.

I'm building up my Harasser...had the Halberd certed ok. Now building the Sauron.

More of my infantry classes are pretty well certed up. Medic tool all the way up + 2 c4 and a few weapons.
MAX has Blueshifts and Bursters on both arms with extended mags. 4th level Flak, 4th ZOE.

I feel pretty well certed in most roles, except infiltrator, maybe?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2013-05-28 at 02:34 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
hashish
Sergeant

Well ive dipped almost everything in certs by now (BR 49)

But the main ones include;

Scythe - Because you can just own everything when fully modded - ive got hover frame 3 + composite armour + rocket pods and hailstorm turbo lazer.. Great for cert farming

MAX - I saved up quite alot of certs by the time ZOE came out (around 1600 certs) and yea jus threw it all into ZOE + Kinetic Armour with Dual Comets.. Best thing i ever did in this game.. You can pretty much kill anything with this set up.. This is incredibly useful to combat other maxes, in particular those bloody fracture maxes that tend to pound you down from a far away mountain lol.. With this set up you can make them run away in terror

Infiltrator - Using the infiltrator class properly is one of the most rewarding things in this game hands down.. Getting those headshots from miles away is alot of fun and requires alot of skill.. But the using the infil class as an infiltrator and not a sniper is just as much fun.. Get a nice SMG and a couple of proximity mines then MACCK it out

Heavy - Heavy is the most standard all rounder so had to cert it out alot too..

Thats my main cert hogs at the moment.. Otherwise all other classes/vehicles also have a decent amount of stuff to.. Its good to balance all your classes out too for different situations..

Last edited by hashish; 2013-05-28 at 03:38 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Fishy
Private

Engineer and Harasser.
Engineer - I am not such a good shooter, so I enjoy a more supportive role + laying mines at strategic choke points is priceless. Also the AV mana turret is awesome.

Harasser - I put all my certs into this one, I just love driving it.
Only problem is, it is difficult to find a gunner, partly because of the lack of "I need a gunner" macro.
Old 2013-05-28, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
psijaka
Contributor
Major

MAX definitely; now have full regen armour (1%/sec) and am quite a way into certing up the MAX spawn and Charge cooldown periods. Emags very useful for Bursters. Love playing MAX.

Also certed up my engi's repair tool to maximum; can repair a turret and only overheat once.

Least used class is Medic, so I've hardly spent a cert here. A class I should play more; something for the future.

Initially I sniped a lot and certed into extra ammo, but I rarely pull out the Bolt Driver now and the ammo count has increased anyway. No regrets though; I enjoyed the sniping whilst I was getting into the game.

Vehicles - mostly Flash including Wraith, and a bit on an AMS Sunderer; that's all though; I rarely pull a tank and have never taken to flying.
Old 2013-05-28, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
AThreatToYou
Major

Light Assault, for sure, if we don't count the 2k certs I spend on RaverMAX.

It's quite simply that LA [used to be] is the best class for getting even more certs easily.
Now, you earn more by going MAX with AA or heavy with AV.
Old 2013-05-28, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sunrock
Major

Mossy and medic. Though I spend only little time in the mossy now a days and never during prime time.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Fenrys
Major

As much as I dislike non-VS people using them, I've got more certs in ESF and MAX because of their OP-ness.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-05-28 at 08:03 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Mossy.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Sifer2
Major

Engineer I think. This class is a massive cert sink if you want to play it to it's full potential. Between buying the AV turret, Mines/C4, and Ammo pouch upgrades to be able to spam mines.

Vehicle probably the Prowler. Need to cert up Anchor before the thing is worth a damn.
Old 2013-05-29, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Assist
Contributor
Major

It's nice to see that nearly every person has certed differently. It says a lot about players opinion on balance between different roles.

I think MAX is the most mentioned which is no surprise due to the recent update, after that I think possibly the Sunderer? I'll post a shot of my cert page when I get a chance, I always forget that page even exists
Old 2013-05-29, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Figment
Lieutenant General

It's pretty even for my ground vehicles, beyond that LA and Engineer really, though only a few more.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
It's nice to see that nearly every person has certed differently. It says a lot about players opinion on balance between different roles.

I think MAX is the most mentioned which is no surprise due to the recent update, after that I think possibly the Sunderer? I'll post a shot of my cert page when I get a chance, I always forget that page even exists
I don't know. I have most in mossy and medic. But from that you can never tell from that that I have over 2000 certs in abilities on every class and vehicle.

And the cert page only show how many percentage of abilities and weapons you have bought for that class. The MAX class have allot less to buy then the engineer for an example so even if you spent more certs on the engineer the cert page might show that you have unlocked a higher percentage of the MAX class.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion