Newbie Question: F keys. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Terran Cyclers cheap. Only dropped once and never fired.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-05, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
The server im on is in my sig. Werner, the european server (since im in the uk.) So far im hating it. Engineers are utter shit. We get no fking advantage at all. No matter how many team mates I repair, and AMS I deploy in the most advantageous zones I get no points. The engineer route leaves me crap in battle until i get higher. Reapiring wall turrets is pointless unless I want to use them myself. Likewise, fixing generators...nothing. This has all lead me to one conclusion. AMS has an advantage to myself in a small way, but engineering(fixing) is totaly usless in terms of personal gain. People can just as easily repair themselves at facilities, and vehicles can better fix themselves at repair silos.

Engineering in my opinion is a addon for far higher levels. Newbies are better sticking with some decent armour and weapons.
First, glad to hear you finally got into the game. I understand your gripes about the engi cert, and it's not everyones cup of tea. I've had many thanks though when squated behind a manned turret that's getting hammered and keeping him alive that much longer .. especially if we kick royal butt. Unfortunately the turrets are always a major target and if you are too successful, the cloakers will arrive to cease your operation .. ala Jagd.

Congrads on picking the AMS cert though .. so few people will do that and they can make the difference in a battle. Heh, also sounds like you found a new favorite weapon. Enjoy!
Old 2003-11-05, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

Yeah welcome to the fray TeraHertz. Engineering by itself is a thankless task, but once you get yourself a tank or vehicle you will start to get a lot more enjoyment out of it. Combat engineering is an excellent add-on to it, but you'll need to get to a higher level before you should spend any certs on it.

And you are bang on with your observation that low-level characters are better off loading up on weapons and armour. Every new character I start gets Medium and Heavy Assault fresh out of VR and I only consider dropping the Heavy around BR6 or so. Frustrating though it may be at first, the experience system becomes quite rewarding once you find your zone.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion