Current Development Plans - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: IS INVINCIBLE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-05, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Exano
Staff Sergeant

YEah umm, no I wasent, I dont drive a fial, I just stay locked up in my reaver, what bothers me is all the little idiots go around not even 2 days after CC is released bitching about how the flail is overpowerd. It needed to only be allowed to deploy on flat surfaces and only be able to aim upwards, not have all these decreases

Thanks
Old 2003-11-05, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Well I think I"m going to drop the flail cert now. I mean the armor okay, but not as much as they dropped it. The ammo no damn way. First of all you never live long enough to go through it all anyways, but if you did then you don't have anyway to reload it. You can't get ammo on the surface and the caves are not always open. Oh well guess I'll pick back up transport certs again. Then I can't use any of the new tech. Oh well.

Wolf
Old 2003-11-05, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
keaoi
Master Sergeant

the only thing i agree with is that perhaps the ammo thing was over-zealous. everything else was needed and appreciated.
Old 2003-11-05, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Doppler
That will be quite enough Exano, we dont need another bunch of little turds who feel that their three point one man vehicle should kill anything in the game in 2 hits and have the armor to go toe to toe with a vanguard.
Are you talking about the Lightning?? Have you ever tried one of them?? Your VanGaurd can take it out in 2 hits, maybe 1 without the shields and again it lost it's speed and it swerves to the right so...try it before you whine.

Old 2003-11-05, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Doppler
Contributor
Major

*Blink blink* No, read the posts, i was never at any point speaking about the lightning. Try reading before you bitch.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-05, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2003-11-05, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

I personally never thought it was over powered but i do agree with the changes to make the flail more realistic , its still going to own just not in the cheap unrealistic way.
Old 2003-11-05, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I personnaly whould like to see flails and other anchient tech be able to be refilled from warpgates or ants. After all it's ancient tech and the nanofonts are the ancient vanu's battery of choice so it doesnt seem that far of a stretch to me.

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-05, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

What get's me is that it's a Common Pool Weapon
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2003-11-05, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

just because it's common pool doesn't make it balanced...
Old 2003-11-05, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Doppler
I personnaly whould like to see flails and other anchient tech be able to be refilled from warpgates or ants. After all it's ancient tech and the nanofonts are the ancient vanu's battery of choice so it doesnt seem that far of a stretch to me.
interesting...... i agree, it makes sense. Though then you would have a problem of Flail users pounding from afar, jumping back in the WG when needing repairs and refilling.
Old 2003-11-05, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Yea, I thought of that too, so perhaps a ant is more appropriate the logic being that the warpgate produces nanites in "raw" form and the ant makes them more contained and harnessable.

Old 2003-11-05, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
FireZ
Corporal

I guess this is probably way off the current subject at hand

/me clears his throat

YAYAY BASE TIMERS!!!

and more modules...good Idea....maybe it will make it more worth going into the caverns.

Last edited by FireZ; 2003-11-05 at 04:12 PM.
Old 2003-11-05, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

It�s amusing now to see the players who took advantage of the over-powered design flaw to get scores of easy kills now whine about having to fight and earn kills like the rest of us. You won�t garner any sympathy from me. I understand where these players are coming from though. It�s fun to just own everyone with a superior piece of equipment. Hell, the BFG in DooM was amusing for a little while, but it took the challenge and skill out of the game and was ONLY fun for the person with the BFG. Everyone else was just gets repeatedly smacked down by superior equipment. Game balance seriously curbs the mass carnage capability of one single player, but makes the game better for everyone else. Hence, the changes were wisely made. Hat�s off to the DEV team!

I think the adjustments are all good. Light armor, much less ammo, and higher arc of fire were all needed. Now you can�t just spam shots you have to AIM, or better yet have someone laser spot for you to make each shot count. You know, that whole TEAM thing is more advantageous now. 50 shots are plenty of artillery fire to decimate an entire enemy base. But, it�s not enough to decimate an entire base AND the army defending it. You still need an army of your own to counter that. Remember the Flail is still the 2 shot 1 kill wonder, so wall mounted cannons, other Flails, and stationary targets (like exterior vehicle terminals and a deployed AMS) are still ownage material for the powerful artillery piece and the trusty spotter.

BadAsh
Old 2003-11-05, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

It was firing and operating like a 1 man tank, except with a main gun 2x more powerful than a Vanguard. That clearly wasnt part of the design vison and was pissing people off. The ammo nerf is a bit much. 100 would have been fine but 50 is to low considering what you have to go through to bring a Flail to the battle
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion