Concerning the Terran Republic - Yes, I'm complaining. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our Marketing Department Crashed :(
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2006-02-27, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

As a rexo mcg guy I love just sprayin' bullets down a hall way full of NC/VS.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-01, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Holgarth
Private

For me I think that it is the AV weapons that is the biggest differance, and the problem with them is the damage.
I don't mind to much that the empires have differance in the firing modes for them, TR=lockon track, NC=remote shooting, VS=direct fire.

The thing I think they need to make the same is the damage the AV weapons make, the Lancer and Phoenix have pretty much the same damage but the striker lacks the punch of the others..
Example - vs a max: a phoenix can kill a max in 3 shots, and I think the same for a lancer, for the striker it takes 5-6 hits (i.e. a full clip) and then only if it maintains a lock on the target.
Some say the striker has a higher rate of fire but when even a small amount of terrain can break the lock which means you can not fire due to no lock (unless you swapp to dumfire mode), and slows the rate of fire.
Old 2006-03-01, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
True Sorrow
Private

Take a look on Werner, TR still haven't recapped their home conts from the NC. How fun is that? It's been going on for about a week now, nice to know that I've been ripped off by spending 3 months on my TR toon.
Old 2006-03-01, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

TR is the best though,why are they doing that.

Those stupid guys are ruining our good name.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-01, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by True Sorrow
Take a look on Werner, TR still haven't recapped their home conts from the NC. How fun is that? It's been going on for about a week now, nice to know that I've been ripped off by spending 3 months on my TR toon.

That sucks

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-03-01, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

I must say that if you have a reaver your not going care about which empire because all empires have the same aircraft.

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-02, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
True Sorrow
Private

Hawkeye, thank you for informing me on that. Sure, I already knew - but what the hell, you found some connection for the Reaver in here... Somewhere...
Old 2006-03-03, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma
The only thing the TR are underpowered at imo is AA - the burster is crap for taking out high alt targets unlike NC/VS.

I like the MCG myself - it just takes a bit more skill to master than the others
I aggree with Hamma, the only weakness of TR is the Burster Max. I'm really surprised the OP didn't mention that. I think the OP is suffering from the standard "Grass is greener on the other side".

Knives-- All knives have distinct sound and can be heard from the same distance... this is a non-issue. At least your knives don't glow like the VS's used to (they took that out).... that was the stupidest thing ever, to have a stealth weapon that glowed like a lightbulb.

TR handgun--- invisible sniper, a cloaker can be deadly with those things. Often you are dead before you figure out where they are hitting you from... you wanta talk about pathetic handgun... the beamer. How often do you see beamer deaths in battles? You see people getting killed with the repeater all the time, but rarely the beamer. Armor piercing ammo in a handgun is useless. So i can kill a motion sensor 1 shot faster with a beamer than someone with a repeater, you sure aren't going to take out a max or a vehicle with one.

The TR cycler -- that gun kicks ass... good accuracy, awesome rate of fire, good long distance and close up weapon... the gause is the best of that weapon class, followed by a close second by the cycler. The pulsar got some love so it's competitve now, but it still stucks at long distance.

TR anti armor is actually the best at hitting moving objects where the other empires anti armor has a very hard time... You ever try to take out moving mosquitos with a lancer (lancer rules at max sniping though)? The striker is one of the easiest weapons to use. Any max in the open field is dead meat with someone using a striker. If striker sucks so bad, then why all the kill spam with them, and why does every TR and their dog have a striker on them at all times? Strikers make VS maxes cry... i can jump outa the way of a phoenix, but not a striker.

I'm boggled why you say the HA TR is underpowered... the favorite pasttime of TR is to hotdrop on a tower or base and run around with just a Mini-chaingun, mowing through folks. You ever try to kill someone past 5 feet with a jackhammer? Ever fire at someone more than 10 feet away with a lasher and just watch them dodge the balls or try to get through a long fight with the lasher's small clip? The mini-chaingun is very good at all distances and can fire a long time without reloading, it's not as good as jackhammer point blank and doesn't have the crowd clearing abilities of a lasher, but all-around it's equal if not better than the others.

Now the Raider just rocks... you've must have never ridden a full one... you can have your crew firing in all different directions or focus on 1 with intense killing power. The only downside for the raider is getting a full crew, with only a partial crew you might as well have a del. The raider is the best of the del variants...not the worst.

Prowlers kick butt... especally with a good full crew. What other tank can take out skeeters and reavers at the same time it's mowing down infantry and light vehicles? Here TR has the advantage of having two gunners and 1 driver (same reason why the "jeep of death" is the hands down best assault buggy).

Now if you wanta complain, the burster max sucks! Both other anti air maxes can clean the skys while still being able to kill infantry, while the burster max can really only kill planes if the pilot isn't paying attention and is just hovering in 1 place (it isn't bad at taking out landed aircraft either.) And the burster max really sucks vs infantry... hell, i wouldn't be surprised if someone killed a burster max with a beamer

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2006-03-14, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
True Sorrow
Private

Note, I wrote the topic after a long day against NC, I actually enjoy playing against VS. The topic should actually be "NC IS BLEEDIN' OVERPOWERED. VERY OVERPOWERED".

Knives: You're not supposed to draw the knife before you're close enough. You're not supposed to be in front of your enemy either, so the glowing knife wouldn't be a problem. You wouldn't run if you just saw a small purple light in the top of your screen, but you'd run like hell if it sounded like someone was starting up a chainsaw 2 feet away.

Handgun: The Beamer is in need to be slightly buffed, but the Repeater falls to the Scatty. How often do you kill someone with the Repeater before they get close? Scatty is the only useful handgun around, who would try to snipe with a pistol that is even beaten by the lowly Suppressor?

Cycler: This gun would be good, since it kills in 13 shots and it doesn't take much skill to land 5 shots in a row on someone. But the CoF recovery disallows that. Sure, you might land 5 shots on him, but when he starts moving and warping, it degrades to 2-3 hits. By that time, the enemy has probably pulled out his ESMA and fired like hell on you. The Cycler is even bad in CQB, the CoF blooms up to about the same level of the JH's triple shot. It takes burst in such ranges where other ESMA's can basicly fire full-auto.

Striker: It may be good against MAX's over distance and the occasional Mossie that can't get away from it, but it's not good enough to actually make a difference on tanks. It's a known tactic to spam Pheonix rockets in groups on vehicles that come into the CY for repairs. Even if the Striker would get a lock on, the vehicle would probably just stand in the repair bay since the repairs just out-do the missiles. I can understand how it makes VS MAX's cry, but the VS MAX's suck without support. If I see a VS MAX; AI or not, hurt or not, I attack it with AP rounds from my MCG or Cycler - it's easy enough to just move in and circle around them. When I see an NC AI MAX, I run like hell. If I even try to get close, I'll just get wtfpwnt before I even touch the damn thing.

MCG: I'm not actually saying that the MCG is underpowered; well, not anymore. It's the JH that is the problem here. Yes, I've seen both Hamorad's and Rizzuh's MCG vid, but they don't really tell me how to kill JHers. They don't tell me how to kill a JHer 1on1 when they're inside a CC room. They don't even tell me how to get past it. In fact, about 90% of the vids are against VS. I do well against VS, but I don't do well at all against NC. I've had my times where I just went into a VS tower and killed everyone of them before they've realised what just happened. If I would try this against an NC tower, someone would pull out their JH and triple-shoot me, either killing me instantly or lowering my health down to around 50. Good luck trying to take a tower while you have 50 hp and no armour. You know how much HP you'll have left after a triple-shot if you have 200 Armour, 100 Health, 100 Stamina and have Pshield on? 78 Health. No armour, no stamina. Just 78 health. That's almost instant kill from any weapon, which is likely to happen because you'll have no stamina left. The MCG just needs one fix, the removal of the weird CoF blooming upon hit.

Raider: Too many gunners, it becomes the target for everyone as it gives a crapload of BEP. Even if it's full, it's just on-par with the others. The others are explosive, better against just about anything. Tower spamming, hitting infantry while in-motion, everything. Hitting whilst in motion is very hard if you're bumping around while in a deli, it's easier to time it like the Aurora's balls of purple death or the Thunderer's little boom-balls.

The Prowler's job is to kill defense such as Turrets, other tanks and other vehicles. It's job is NOT to scare away smaller infantry and mossies. It doesn't even exceed in that, it takes a direct shot on any infantry to kill him instantly. With the Vanguard, it takes a half-arsed shot to kill him. Then there's the Magrider, ubersniper gun of another purple death. It even has an AI gun so infantry can't sneek up on it while sniping. What could possibly fix the Prowler is an automatic grenade launcher on-top. One that could do damage against both infantry and vehicles, like the others can. The Prowler doesn't have speed, it doesn't have power, it just has the possiblity to scaring mossies away. The 3rd seat is not even good enough for that, it's better to drive up a hill and fire tank shells at them.

The Burster does suck, but it's common knowledge that it sucks. Although; it may not be part of it's job, but still, it can hit without being in direct FoV. Let's say that a mossie is hovering around a tower, waiting for dumb infantry to open the door only to get shot down. Then a burster shows up, and by standing between the 2 doors on the top floor, he can hurt the mossie without it even knowing where the shots are coming from. But it still suck. A lot. Even certing SA and loading up a Rocklet Rifle with Frags is better.
Old 2006-03-18, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
BigBuster
Corporal

I'm not saying that all the game is perfectly balanced, its just that you alway feel like your on the loseing team. I am going to be NC no matter what.

P4 2.27
6800 ultra AGPx8
2024MB PC3200 DC
GT5051
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion