As a Mag I will die to a Vanguard 4 out of 5 times in a 1v1... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Some kittens can fly!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-11, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
hashish
Sergeant

Re: As a Mag I will die to a Vanguard 4 out of 5 times in a 1v1...

lol, i agree.. Its extremely rare to see mags rolling around in the same way that Vanguards and Prowlers do..

Old 2013-07-11, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
typhaon
Sergeant Major

If you somehow get trapped by a Vanguard up close - then yeah, you're in trouble.

Otherwise, Magrider's agility can easily make up the difference... as someone else said - I'd rather fight a Prowler any single day of the week.

Magriders ability to go anywhere and turbo away is very OP. There are very few places in the game where the Vanguard would be the best choice for MBT, if you could choose from all 3...
Old 2013-07-11, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
blashyrk
Corporal

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
If you somehow get trapped by a Vanguard up close - then yeah, you're in trouble.

Otherwise, Magrider's agility can easily make up the difference... as someone else said - I'd rather fight a Prowler any single day of the week.

Magriders ability to go anywhere and turbo away is very OP. There are very few places in the game where the Vanguard would be the best choice for MBT, if you could choose from all 3...
I think you vastly overestimate Magriders' agility. Yes, it's agile, yes it can climb on top of hills, but it isn't as easy as you may perceive it and it takes a lot of time to pull off. Magrider isn't OP by any means, in fact it only has advantage over very long ranges or when it has already caught an enemy MBT off guard after maneuvering on some hill. When used to defend tech plants, amp stations etc it gets simply devastated by other MBTs.
Old 2013-07-11, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

The biggest problem I see is "1vs1" Why on earth would you go solo? It's just like Halloween for children. Travel in groups, and stay off the road.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This may sound like I'm trolling but I'm honestly asking here: Why do you engage Vannies in 1v1 then? Bring your whole crew and stomp faces.
It's not like the game is balanced around 1v1, that would be ridiculous with a game of this scale.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-11, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

We don't let armor roll solo. Good, bad, or indifferent, it ensures those fatal one-on-one slugfests don't happen.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
AThreatToYou
Major

I disagree with this on the principle of balance between the factions being asymmetrical. Vanu have superior air-cav and anti-air; Margiders have much, much, much less to worry about from the Reaver [worst ESF]. I would say Vanu have better MAXes and better SMGs [no bullet drop on slow velocity projectile], but that is debatable.

The Vanguard is one of the few advantages the NC have, and its advantage is at close range. Let's keep it that way.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-07-11 at 12:33 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Stay off the roads
Old 2013-07-11, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
blashyrk
Corporal

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Vanu have superior air-cav and anti-air
Replace Vanu with TR and this is absolutely correct.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
AThreatToYou
Major

With respect to the NC vs VS, I am almost completely sure Vanu have better AA/A2G/A2A.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Assist
Contributor
Major

With respect to the NC vs VS, I am almost completely sure Vanu have better AA/A2G/A2A.
uh wut
Old 2013-07-11, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This thread must be a train because it's off the tracks!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-11, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
blashyrk
Corporal

Arguments, please.

Here's mine:
1) Striker
2) Mosquito is the most agile, most responsive, fastest ESF and also has the smallest hitbox
3) Vulcan is the most efficient ES MBT/Harasser secondary when it comes to AA

What exactly does VS have in terms of AA that NC doesn't? Please don't say Lancers

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
This thread must be a train because it's off the tracks!
Quite true

Last edited by blashyrk; 2013-07-11 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
AThreatToYou
Major

Arguments, please.

Here's mine:
1) Striker
2) Mosquito is the most agile, most responsive, fastest ESF and also has the smallest hitbox
3) Vulcan is the most efficient ES MBT/Harasser secondary when it comes to AA

What exactly does VS have in terms of AA that NC doesn't? Please don't say Lancers
1) Striker, Mosquito and Vulcan are TR. I'm not talking about TR.
2) VS have Scythe, which is outright superior to the Reaver because the Reaver is:
- Fattest profile/easiest to hit
- Least agile
- Slowest
- All-around reaver worst ESF
3) VS have Zealot MAX + AA Bursters, which is better than the NC MAX for dealing with Reavers that may threaten Magriders.
4) Are you confusing NC and TR? NC is blue team, Blue team doesn't have Striker, a good ESF, or anything even remotely close to the Vulcan in terms of AA.

So I am saying that the Magrider has less to worry about from the air when fighting Vanguards, where the Vanguard is going to have no air cover most of the time. Thus considering asymmetrical balance, this is fair since the Vanguard has more threats that it potentially cannot respond to. VS clear Liberators much more easily than NC do, especially Dalton libs at high altitude which would primarily threaten Vanguards.

Granted! The Vanguard can nail ESFs with a single round and blow it up. The Magrider can't. If anything should change, that should.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-07-11 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
blashyrk
Corporal

1) Striker, Mosquito and Vulcan are TR. I'm not talking about TR.
2) VS have Scythe, which is outright superior to the Reaver because the Reaver is:
- Fattest profile/easiest to hit
- Least agile
- Slowest
- All-around reaver worst ESF
3) VS have Zealot MAX + AA Bursters, which is better than the NC MAX for dealing with Reavers that may threaten Magriders.
4) Are you confusing NC and TR? NC is blue team, Blue team doesn't have Striker, a good ESF, or anything even remotely close to the Vulcan in terms of AA.

So I am saying that the Magrider has less to worry about from the air when fighting Vanguards, where the Vanguard is going to have no air cover most of the time. Thus considering asymmetrical balance, this is fair since the Vanguard has more threats that it potentially cannot respond to. VS clear Liberators much more easily than NC do, especially Dalton libs at high altitude which would primarily threaten Vanguards.

Granted! The Vanguard can nail ESFs with a single round and blow it up. The Magrider can't. If anything should change, that should.
I'm not confusing anything, here's what you wrote in a prior post:

I disagree with this on the principle of balance between the factions being asymmetrical. Vanu have superior air-cav and anti-air;
Not once did you mention NC in particular in that post. You should have worded your post better, because you clearly wrote that VS has superior air and anti-air, which by itself means being superior in comparison to the other 2 factions, overall.

Now that you've explained what you meant, I do agree with you. Honestly, I cannot even imagine what you guys are going through air game-wise because I know how hard it is for VS against TR in that regard, it is even harder for you. The Reaver is a joke. It can rarely come out on top in a fight against a Scythe or a Mossie with a pilot of same skill. Mosquito is the downright ruler of the skies when it comes to ESFs. The Scythe is viable and efficient, kinda middle of the road, but the Reaver cannot really compete at the moment. That's why I never miss the opportunity to sincerely congratulate a Reaver pilot who shoots me down (unless he had an unfair advantage or better starting position).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion