Circumcision - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its in the game...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-14, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vecha
First Sergeant

Re: Circumcision

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I'd also like it if people who feel circumcision is fine and should be legal to write about why (or if) they think female circumcision should be illegal. What makes it okay for a baby boy to be circumcised but not for a girl to be? Or are they both equally permissible?

My opinion is we should not meddle in other's culture until it is absolutely clear there is great harm being done.

There are many different types of female "mutilation"

The two I know of is clitoral mutilation(which I'm against for obvious reasons...removal of pleasure. ) And Labia "mutilation"...which is closer to male circumcision/mutilation.

Would I personally choose to circumcise my boy or girl...probably not, but I'm not sure I'd force others to adapt to my culture/way of thought when it comes to this.

Again...I have mixed feelings.
Old 2012-04-14, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vecha View Post
I don't think there should be intervention... I don't see enough evidence that shows it is as devastating/traumatic as child abuse.
My impression thus far is that the people *campaigning against it* appear to be traumatized more than people I know to be circumcised...That's not a dig at them per se; but I see more insecurity coming out of the first group than the second, THAT's for sure.
Old 2012-04-14, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
My impression thus far is that the people *campaigning against it* appear to be traumatized more than people I know to be circumcised...That's not a dig at them per se; but I see more insecurity coming out of the first group than the second, THAT's for sure.
I'm circumcised....and glad that I am. I did grow up in a family all that way...raised to subconsciously see it as the "right" way.

Though in a few years, I'll be having kids...not sure what I'll do.
Old 2012-04-14, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Vash02
Major

The research into HIV/AIDS circumsion is questionable at best and the difference between the two small in any case.

May aswell just wear a condom than rather mutilating yourself and then still having to wear a condom.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

What makes it okay for a baby boy to be circumcised but not for a girl to be? Or are they both equally permissible?
Circumcision is removing foreskin from the end of a penis. Since you brought up 'permissibility', the origin of it is from the Torah, so obviously religion is involved.

Since women don't have penis', it's obvious that it was called "female circumcision" (however irrationally) in order to to gain moral equivalence, since (at least in the past?) the morality of this wasn't questioned very often.

I fully recognize that the issue or moral absolutes comes into play, but I'm not interested in flogging that dead horse.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vancha
Colonel

It decreases pleasure in the male and for the female, it's sole "benefit" is negated if you clean yourself properly. I honestly can't see why anyone's for it apart from religious reasons.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
It decreases pleasure in the male and for the female, it's sole "benefit" is negated if you clean yourself properly. I honestly can't see why anyone's for it apart from religious reasons.
Looks neater and larger (regarding a circumcised penis).
Old 2012-04-14, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Vecha
First Sergeant

http://men.webmd.com/guide/circumcis...risks-benefits

Here's an interesting on pros and cons.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Circumcision is removing foreskin from the end of a penis. Since you brought up 'permissibility', the origin of it is from the Torah, so obviously religion is involved.
**** are not the only people who ever circumcise their male children.

Since women don't have penis', it's obvious that it was called "female circumcision" (however irrationally) in order to to gain moral equivalence, since (at least in the past?) the morality of this wasn't questioned very often.
Females have a prepuce. Either way I don't know what any of this has to do with anything. So because you have a beef with the nomenclature the question is unanswerable?

I fully recognize that the issue or moral absolutes comes into play, but I'm not interested in flogging that dead horse.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

How do you define abuse? Are you in the 'spanking under all circumstances is abuse' camp?
a·buse/əˈbyo͞oz/
Verb:
Use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
Noun:
The improper use of something.
Synonyms:
verb. revile - misuse - insult - vituperate - scold
noun. misuse - insult - vituperation - invective

I defer to organizations whose business it is to understand child rearing. The Canadian Paediatric Society and the American Academy of Pediatrics both concur that spanking is associated with negative outcomes in children and is of limited use.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
Looks neater and larger (regarding a circumcised penis).
I don't think they're objectively "benefits", but I'd also have to disagree on both counts (scarring isn't neat, and less skin is less volume.)
Old 2012-04-14, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Elude
First Sergeant

Let me put it this way lol... How many dick drawings have you seen that were not circumcised? Surely this must indicate a circumcised penis being more attractive right?

In the end it's all cultural but so are specific hair styles and none of those are entirely bound by religious beliefs.

Last edited by Elude; 2012-04-14 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

**** are not the only people who ever circumcise their male children.
Who said they were? Or were you originally implying that nothing is permissible unless government says so...?

Females have a prepuce. Either way I don't know what any of this has to do with anything. So because you have a beef with the nomenclature the question is unanswerable?
I defined terms to illustrate that what they do to women isn't circumcision by definition.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
See, we just saved 10 pages of headache! lol

a·buse/əˈbyo͞oz/
Verb:
Use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
Noun:
The improper use of something.
Synonyms:
verb. revile - misuse - insult - vituperate - scold
noun. misuse - insult - vituperation - invective

I defer to organizations whose business it is to understand child rearing. The Canadian Paediatric Society and the American Academy of Pediatrics both concur that spanking is associated with negative outcomes in children and is of limited use.
Yeah...the government is not my moral compass
Old 2012-04-14, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

http://www.circumstitions.com/death.html

Circumcisions are barbaric and should be illegal to perform without the consent of the victim.

Old 2012-04-14, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
Let me put it this way lol... How many dick drawings have you seen that were not circumcised? Surely this must indicate a circumcised penis being more attractive right?

In the end it's all cultural but so are specific hair styles and none of those are entirely bound by religious beliefs.
That's simply because the media and parents tell their kids that uncircumcised penises are dirty and unusual. When in reality, the United States are pretty much the only people that still practice it. Circumcised males are the minorty worldwide; 80% of people all around the globe are uncircumcised, while 80-85% of all males in the United States are. It's all about the media spin and what people tell their kids.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
ArcIyte
Sergeant

If you live in Africa or someplace else with a very high rate of HIV infection and limited/no access to condoms, it may be practical to be circumcised so as to make it less likely you will contract HIV.
Are you fucking serious? Please provide proof, and don't link me to those bullshit "studies" based in AFRICA.

They are so methodologically flawed, it's absurd to even mention them. Different populations, different ethnicity, different customs and sexual habits just for starters.

Also, why does uncircumcised Europe have lower HIV and STD rates than the (generally) circumcised USA?

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum