Planetside 2 Discussion Negativity. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you wish to pre-order Planetside: Core-Combat?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-06, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Planetside 2 Discussion Negativity.

Looks like a few other people have already hit the point, but negative criticism is good as long as it's constructive. There are very few threads here that just say "WAAHHHHH PS2 SUX IM RAGEQUITTING". Most of them highlight the problems with the game and invoke discussion which produces possible solutions to the problems.

Threads that are purely negative tend to get locked pretty quick around here. Face the fact; this is a fan site and the community members here want to see the game do well. However, there is little point in discussing what works about the game, as those elements don't need fixing. So yes, there is a lot of discussion about what is broken, but it's because we want to see it fixed.

As long as the negative discussion here sticks to constructive criticism, there's no problem with it.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2013-01-06, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Beerbeer
Major

This is like ps1 all over again, but much worse, since the core elements of ps1 were much better at the beginning.

It's too bad. Sony would rather see this ship sink then admit to their fallibility, similar to almost every other game they released as far as I can tell. A year from now, we'll see a few servers, and everyone will be on one corner of one continent spamming vehicles like the latter half of ps1. Oh wait a minute...
Old 2013-01-06, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Paperboy
Private

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
This is like ps1 all over again, but much worse, since the core elements of ps1 were much better at the beginning.

It's too bad. Sony would rather see this ship sink then admit to their fallibility, similar to almost every other game they released as far as I can tell. A year from now, we'll see a few servers, and everyone will be on one corner of one continent spamming vehicles like the latter half of ps1. Oh wait a minute...
I blame smedley, he is so incompetent, he doesnt know shit about games.
Old 2013-01-06, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

We wont be creating multiple forums for this.. it's important it's out in the open.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-06, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Brutal Magikarp
Private

Hamma you can close this, my opinion has been swayed.

Old 2013-01-06, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
FreeSpeech
Corporal

The negativity is there because the game is in a major bad state. Defending bases yields no significant reward, zergs rule the game no matter what, Reavers can't kill crap, Vanu and TR guns are miles better than NC ones so that they can stay on stock forever, 1 spawn point per base means you get base raped constantly so that you can't adequately defend, Cert gain is too slow/expensive for basic requirements - the list goes on.
Old 2013-01-06, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
VGCS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Negativity is fine. If it unconstructive that's not good though. You should report it if it is unconstructive.
In that case, I'm reporting this Thread and the OP especially.

Forums are for people with a bare minimum required amount of willpower who either can focus on the tougher issues or atleast elect to simply NOT READ the ones that don't tickle their fancy, instead of demanding they be hidden from their sight. Forums are the sausage factory. Everyone else is free to stick to Twitter and Farmville (aka: in-game).

Last edited by VGCS; 2013-01-06 at 06:32 PM.
Old 2013-01-06, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Brutal Magikarp View Post
Shouldn't we just have a separate forum for complains relating to the game?

All the negativity in this forum really sets such a horrible mood on this site.

Pretty much every discussion of the game is going to involve criticism - that actually reasonable. We dont need 2 forums - one for happines and one for reality.

That said a few people here just want to say everything sucks because their pet issue isnt addressed. Although their are a few issues that the much of the player bases agrees on and should be treated as priority problems(zergs that never fight/undefended bases, air power driving away casuals, and people who cant stop themselves from suiciding at camped spawn points)
Old 2013-01-06, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
OCNSethy
Major

As good as any place to post this...

Especially for all those oldball tankers out there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	negative waves.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1028  
Old 2013-01-06, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EVILoHOMER
Major

I don't understand how Smedley still has a job, every single game SOE has created is now dead and a complete failure. The only one they get any recognition for is Everquest but they ruined that back around 2001 time. I'm not going to throw personal attacks at him but he is in charge and should take responsibility for the management of the games.

SOE just don't know how to manage a game, it's not like their games start off bad, they've all been highly innovation in one way or anything and they never make the same game twice. I respect that and I respect the fact that they've made all my fave MMOs ever apart from EVE and WoW.

However they all suck now because for some reason unlike CCP they seam really clueless over what makes each game good, they decide to ruin that and focus on something else that no one wants.

I can list every single one of their games that matters and give a ton of reasons, I'll do a few.

- EverQuest - Luclin and PoP expansions

- EverQuest 2 - Rushed to launch, dumbed down into some stupid solo MMO and basically decided to become WoWs bitch clone

- Star Wars Galaxies - Rushed to launch, focused too much on Jedi for a year while ignoring the rest of the game, 3 fail expansions, the CU and the NGE.

- Planetside - CC 3 months after launch, barely even tested, basically no support after that until BFRs and The Bending which no one wanted.

- DCUO - No content, could be completed in 2 days, that isn't even an exaggeration.

Now Planetside 2 made the same mistake rushing the game to launch even though they said they wouldn't. Players would have been much more forgiving if they went into open beta but allowed you to purchase stuff with Station Cash and then on launch day just reset station cash, similar to GW2 with gems in beta. SOE just doesn't seem to get it, they haven't listened to their player base and made no attempt to fix any problems brought up in beta. They knew this issues existed and instead they just released the game?

The worst thing about the game IMO is how every weapon is the same, they all look the same, they all shoot the same, even Shotguns look like rifles and sound like rifles when you're being fired at by them. Higby said people with a MCG love to run and gun and not take cover, so why did they redesign it to take cover in? If I wanted a weapon for taking cover I'd pick any of the other guns which all do it, no I pick the MCG to run and gun.

Just annoys me.
Old 2013-01-06, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Brutal Magikarp
Private

Everyone is reiterating everything that gets posted in Planetside 2 discussion.
Old 2013-01-07, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

When PS1 goes free to play, watch this forums light up in a massive pile of pure happiness and positivity.

Until then, step back and the warmth of the flames isn't so bad.
Old 2013-01-07, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by james View Post
Once the game is more feature complete and not a buggy beta. The complaing will drop some. But its what you get when your rush out a game, and hype it up so far.
yea I have to agree with James on this one, once the game starts getting more content and the bugs get addressed then people will start to see some of the negative comments drop off. Also alot of people got to realize this isnt a stagnet game with one moving piece, its a MMO with interacting players and a ever changing enviroment so there is bound to be problems. So far for PS2 im not to disappointed, though I see bugs, I send up reports, and as far as content I know there is more to come. So Im really looking forward to furture content being added. This whole weekend I took a hiatus from the game played some skyrim, and stuff. Its going to be good to get back into it this Monday
Old 2013-01-07, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vashyo
First Sergeant

My negativity can be erased by a complex metagame, I think that's gonna take a looooooong time or never happen depending on SOE.

I'd rather play a buggy, but complex game than over polished simplified game
ACTUALLY, now that I Think about it. Games today are PoS quality on launch and only become polished as time passes, so a lose-lose scenario for me

More focus on gameplay quality than polish quality SOE!

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-01-07 at 06:03 AM.
Old 2013-01-07, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
OnyxD
Private

This forum really suffers from bitter vet syndrome... Players looking through rose tinted glasses at the past from a jaded and world weary perspective. You see it every entrenched game community forum as time progresses.

People hold up CCP and EVE as a great developer/game model, but just look at the veteran EVE players boards at scrapheap (failheap) challenge and you would think the game is total failure. Loads of veterans who played back in 2006 complaining that the game isn't what it used to be because they burnt out and now just forum warrior about how things used to be better.

The reality is that new players will always come in and enjoy the game and have far more energy and positivity. PS2 is a good game that after a few patch cycles will be a great game... keep your head up and enjoy it for what it is and don't let the haters get you down.

For what it's worth I remember PS1 being a complete laggy mess for a long time after release and I never could shake the floaty disconnected feeling whilst playing. Yes it ended up having a great metagame and elegant solutions to character progression but don't forget the time it took to get the game there and the problems experienced along the way.

PS2 has the core foundations of being a much better game.... give it time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion