Flash grenades VS Smoke + IR/NV combo for light assault - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide, keeping men single since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-14, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: Flash grenades VS Smoke + IR/NV combo for light assault

I keep a couple of different loadouts for my Lightassult. The first and most used loadout is the Gauss Compact S with the underbarrel Grenade Launcher and Grenade Bandolier for 3 frag grenades. That combined with your C4 makes for a lot of ordinance.

The second loadout is largely the smae only I swapped the Underbarrel grenade launcher with the underbarrel smoke launcher and used three smoke grenades as well. This can make for a powerful combination if you ahve a squad of people with the IR/NV scopes as you can completely smokescreen out an area. I use this for breaching room in smaller outposts or defense towers.

I haven't gotten a chance to play around with flash grenades yet but I've heard they are extremely useful in the right situations.
Old 2013-01-14, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
2 C4 will take a max health sundy to burning - it will blow then if no one reps.

If the sundy has even a little damage it will just blow up.

And 2 C4 always kills any tank.

Using it usually wont help your k/d it will help win the battle(and earn certs.)
If you're killing tanks and Sunderers, why wouldn't it be good for your K/D?
Old 2013-01-14, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
If you're killing tanks and Sunderers, why wouldn't it be good for your K/D?
Its dangerous.

I like to hide in weird places and snipe with slugs etc and thats good for getting kills I guess but I know it doesnt help as much as taking out a Sundy or a MBT usually.

If you want to be able to help your team when the situationa arises carry 2 C4 - If you want a better K/D carry med kits.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Sounds like you've never tried it, mate.
You're right. I will flat out admit I don't have any kind of smoke unlocked.

I have been on the receiving end of smoke, and it didn't work against me. I'm not a super duper twitch pro, but I do have IR/NV on my Jaguar. Several times I've been trying to cap a point only to have smoke pop in the room I'm in. Then I ADS and see the 2-3 guys run into the room and take them out, one by one, including a reload. I hardly took damage because they just plain didn't get their sights on me.

If they could see me, I would have been dead. Their "tactical" use of smoke benefited ME, not them. After those couple incidents, I decided that popping smoke and running INTO it is a bad tactical strategy, so I never even considered getting it.

I have been flashbanged ONCE and I was completely helpless.
Old 2013-01-15, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kerrec View Post
You're right. I will flat out admit I don't have any kind of smoke unlocked.

I have been on the receiving end of smoke, and it didn't work against me. I'm not a super duper twitch pro, but I do have IR/NV on my Jaguar. Several times I've been trying to cap a point only to have smoke pop in the room I'm in. Then I ADS and see the 2-3 guys run into the room and take them out, one by one, including a reload. I hardly took damage because they just plain didn't get their sights on me.

If they could see me, I would have been dead. Their "tactical" use of smoke benefited ME, not them. After those couple incidents, I decided that popping smoke and running INTO it is a bad tactical strategy, so I never even considered getting it.

I have been flashbanged ONCE and I was completely helpless.
That right there helped me decide that flash grenades were the way to go. That and the fact that smoke doesn't even work on saps with low graphics settings.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion