NA or EU? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It floats MY boat
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: NA or EU?
NA 99 56.90%
EU 70 40.23%
Other if Available 3 1.72%
Uncommitted 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-14, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: NA or EU?

NA; East Coast for me. Gonna be playing with my guildmates and a number of them hail from all over EU but the bulk of the guild is still on American soil.

Originally Posted by GhundiPI View Post
I'm from the EU but as it looks now, and SOE keeps their word on free server choice, I will play on a NA server. I'd rather deal with an increase in ping time (within reasonable limits of course) and odd hours, than another outsourced hosting deal with the typical issues every single one of those has had through the years.

I can appreciate the challenges the European continent brings for a publisher when it comes to different countries/languages/support/etc. But if at all possible, I would suggest to SOE to host their own English language servers for Europe. I expect that the gain in paying customers would far outweigh any extra cost of providing the servers.
Kind of already went over this, but by looking at the sequence of events the deal with PSS1 was almost definitely caused by Sony, the parent company of SOE, being in the red with a 2.9 billion dollars loss last year, 2.1 or 2.2 of that was from just the last three months quarter of 2011. To me it's obvious that Sony forced SOE to 'sell' the EU customer base to PSS1 for a very much needed and probably gigantic sum of money upfront to offset that billions of dollars loss for when they had to finally announce it to their investors. What they had to cover for I have no idea nor do I care. I'm not an investor.

Sort of pisses me off that the executives of a company can have their heads stuck so far up their asses that they're willing to let not just one franchise but all of their games fail utterly for anywhere to 30-50% of their playerbase to cover for whatever completely boneheaded mistakes they made in unrelated other areas. This is the ONLY thing that really keeps me cynical about the possible success of PS2, not the PSS1 deal but the people that arranged it.

Now since this was already covered in a bunch of other threads, Get back to Topic! NA or EU?

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-14 at 07:29 AM.
Old 2012-04-14, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I'm from the EU but I'll play on an NA-based server if that's where my outfit will be
Old 2012-04-14, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Fenrod
Sergeant

Misc Info

Zis is good !
Old 2012-04-14, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Floating around our traffic stats.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-04-14, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SgtMAD
Captain

SOE sold the rights for a few million dollars,maybe $10 mill at the most, it won't make a dent in that budget shortfall,they were looking at deferring dev costs upfront
Old 2012-04-14, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Floating around our traffic stats.
No, I'd say that a person's physical location won't be the final determination unless forced.

Old 2012-04-14, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
No, I'd say that a person's physical location won't be the final determination unless forced.
Er.. I think he meant that the current poll results are about the same to what he sees when he checks the traffic stats.

I say that since there is no beta yet nor official PS2 forums that a lot of outfits and guilds havn't bothered to really show where they'll be going. Until they show up and start making their choices known I doubt we'll see too many people switching from EU to NA or NA to EU. This poll reflects more on personal choices, imo.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-04-14 at 01:59 PM.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
JHendy
First Sergeant

Anyone have any hunches as to where the EU servers might be based? Since Prosieben is NOT actually running any of the servers in Europe, I'm guessing it won't solely be Germany, which is what I had feared initially.

Amsterdam maybe? Having a UK server might make sense. Hmm...
Old 2012-04-14, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Eighm
Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post

What flag is that? Italy or something? All those stripes you people have over there confuse me.

Last edited by Eighm; 2012-04-14 at 03:16 PM. Reason: the forum needs a joking/sarcasm bbc tag. :(
Old 2012-04-14, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Coreldan
Colonel

That's Netherlands.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-04-14, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Wow, awesome. I didn't realize what a big part of the community is EU-based.

Now I'm that much more relieved that they're incorporating cross-region matchmaking!
Old 2012-04-15, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Gonna play on EU myself. Not gonna gimp my enjoyment this time around due to ping.
I played on US servers on the original although being based in the UK, very much considering swapping to EU this time around... As long as the organisation and activity is similar to the US side. No slant on Werner but it didnt compare to the strategy and organisation that went on Emerald and Konried early at its peak.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
I played on US servers on the original although being based in the UK, very much considering swapping to EU this time around... As long as the organisation and activity is similar to the US side. No slant on Werner but it didnt compare to the strategy and organisation that went on Emerald and Konried early at its peak.
Well, that only gets better if we as EU players do something about it.

I'm pretty sure most old outfits will go NA even if they have EU members and they will follow them. I'd think EU servers will lack any big organized outfits at first, but thats one reason I'm excited about going to EU as I'm bringing my clan with me.

We are a heavily teamwork oriented bunch, most of us have played PS1 before on and off, but not really together as a clan, cos as a clan we formed around APB.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-04-15, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Eighm View Post
What flag is that? Italy or something? All those stripes you people have over there confuse me.

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
That's Netherlands.
That, yeah
Old 2012-04-15, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I'll be on the NA servers along with the rest of my outfit mates.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion