Connery Streams - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get Down!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-05-09, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Connery Streams

I'll usually have one going twitch.tv/ghstmarauder, coms are a little less interesting now that Munroe took an extended break for RL.

And I guess I need to stop playing medic (pulling a 2 - 3/1 lately) and yelling at people on leader to get myself on those lists, prob more alcohol :P lol.

Last edited by Ghstmarauder; 2013-05-09 at 07:59 AM.
Old 2013-05-09, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
yup...

when on Connery and sorted by stats people give a shit about:

I'm pretty biased about it, but I think KPH is the best stat to look at too.

I don't have the sheer amount of playtime that others have, but that shouldn't mean that I'm not a competitive player.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-05-09 at 03:28 PM.
Old 2013-05-09, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
I have no doubt that the guy is one hell of a killer,I have seen his stats but a squad or two isn't going to run the table all the time in this game.

I see whole platoons set up incorrectly all over the friggin place,ppl have weird ideas of how to implement "combined arms" and you can see this in numerous streams and the way squads are set up and managed is pretty much adhoc to put it kindly

I do watch NoXousX stream and have seen them running sundys farming ppl which is always fun,I haven't watched Nub's yet,I don't need to witness the grind to 100 he is on LOL

Our level of organization depends on the day. On ops days, Wednesday/Friday we run in different rooms and use command whispers to coordinate the different combined arm elements. Works really well when we have over a platoon of people.

But that takes a lot of stress. A lot of people know that I work a lot and on weekdays I run with everyone in the same room. TRG has always been a "heavy assault" outfit with some support elements. It works really well when we're all on task and our leadership is on the ball. Sometimes it can get rowdy though, so it is a thin red line to walk. If you watch us on a good night, it makes a lot of sense. I've got some videos of 40+ guys running together on foot just steamrolling stuff.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-05-09, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
WarbirdTD
Corporal

Personally, I find that watching killwhoring streams gets pretty boring after awhile. That kind of person is too afraid to actually get into the tough and outnumbered fights. If you're successfully leading a platoon that's actually doing something against a large opposing force, I'd be more inclined to watch, than if you're just stroking your epeen while picking people off in some random corner of a base somewhere away from all the objectives. If I want to watch some dude bash faces on a bunch of morons somewhere, I'll watch BCP farm the absolute shit out of the Mattherson idiots.

And if you're flying around in a bail-gal, lib, or ESF all day, EVERYDAY, playing for KDR and XP/h, all the while avoiding tough fights and literally coward-logging when people have your number, I lose a lot of respect for you and the trash you call a stream.
Old 2013-05-09, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

kinda going off topic, but for the people who have watched my stream, is it entertaining at all?
Old 2013-05-09, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
I'm pretty biased about it, but I think KPH is the best stat to look at too.

I don't have the sheer amount of playtime that others have, but that shouldn't mean that I'm not a competitive player.
Yea same, i think it is really the only stat worth a dam, obviously BR and total kills can be made-up by excessive playtime as we have seen, XP/h can be paid for and K/D can easily be padded by playstyle, KPH is the only thing then left that can really measure ones efficiency.

and shock its from planetside universe, copy and pasted into excell and then resorted.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2013-05-09, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Yea same, i think it is really the only stat worth a dam, obviously BR and total kills can be made-up by excessive playtime as we have seen, XP/h can be paid for and K/D can easily be padded by playstyle, KPH is the only thing then left that can really measure ones efficiency.

and shock its from planetside universe, copy and pasted into excell and then resorted.
yeah but KPH is based on time in the game, which is hardly a good measure of ones ability to be competitive in fps. For instance, I AFK probably 30 minutes of every hour I play for the past 4-5 months, just too much shit going on. Which in turn drops the KPH by a dramatic amount. Any stat derived from time played(which is measured by time in the game, and not actual time played) shouldn't be considered into a debate of player skill.
Old 2013-05-10, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

No stat says enough. All the "average over time" stats only look good on players who focus all their time on actively playing. Many players socialize, or play events, like racing or dilute these stats in many ways. K/D is a mixed bag and doesn't separate vehicle and infantry weapons. It also does no service to support oriented players.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-05-10, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
No stat says enough. All the "average over time" stats only look good on players who focus all their time on actively playing. Many players socialize, or play events, like racing or dilute these stats in many ways. K/D is a mixed bag and doesn't separate vehicle and infantry weapons. It also does no service to support oriented players.
We need more metrics besides Kill Per Hour or just K/D if you need to think you're "efficient". Yeah you're good at killing but is it really doing anything? Now i'm not saying that any of ya'll just farm guys spawning off sundies, but sometimes you just can't know.

PG doesn't killwhore, we don't find the best farms and sit there and just rake in the kills and XP. We pop sundies, kill gens (I personally LOVED killing the Gens at bases, reading all the tears in chat was quite funny), cap the objective, and move on just as we did in PS1 and that's usually on in my stream... or NSFW Coms chat.

Old 2013-05-10, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Yea I spend way too much time going afk or just running around doing jack shit in game for any of my per hour stats to be accurate lol. I'm not sure how one would think Kph shows they are a good player, I will say this, it definitely shows which people make efficient use of their time in game (in terms of getting kills) but that in no way relates to how good or bad they may be. Typically my KPH will be much higher when I'm playing solo and just going for kills (log in and instant action to wherever a fight is type of playstyle), when I play with the outfit and go for the objective it is much lower.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Frotang; 2013-05-10 at 12:49 PM.
Old 2013-05-10, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
snafus
Sergeant Major

Ya have to agree KPH is accurate if the player focuses on killing shit from log on to log off. While most people and myself spend a lot of time doing other non sense that butchers any form of good KPH. But I will say my Helios toon is doing ok in that sector since I only log on to him to stroke my epeen and farm people.

I really don't think there is a quality way to track effectiveness of a player other then a combination of multiple factors being added in. But even with a more broad spectrum of metrics coming in they will never be truly accurate to what the player may be contributing to the team.

Old 2013-05-10, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Yea, I agree. Would a medic that has a high kill per hour be good if he never uses his medic tool? would a medic that has a low kill per hour but never lets his team mates respawn or be hurt be bad?

There are times during fights as a medic that I have my medic tool out almost the entire time, topping off my outfitmates and picking them up, getting a kill here and there when no one looks like they need my medicness or if there is an enemy by a guy I need to pick up.

Last edited by SolLeks; 2013-05-10 at 04:21 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SolLeks View Post
Yea, I agree. Would a medic that has a high kill per hour be good if he never uses his medic tool? would a medic that has a low kill per hour but never lets his team mates respawn or be hurt be bad?

There are times during fights as a medic that I have my medic tool out almost the entire time, topping off my outfitmates and picking them up, getting a kill here and there when no one looks like they need my medicness or if there is an enemy by a guy I need to pick up.
Its a tough line to cross honestly as a medic. I'm usually looking for the kill but I don't hesitate to heal or rez. Its just more situational awareness, when you feel there is a time to heal someone or you have to have your gun up and mow a few people down before you go back to rezzing, or just chuck the rez grenade off the wall to get the downed guys while you watch your corner.

Old 2013-05-14, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghstmarauder View Post
Its a tough line to cross honestly as a medic. I'm usually looking for the kill but I don't hesitate to heal or rez. Its just more situational awareness, when you feel there is a time to heal someone or you have to have your gun up and mow a few people down before you go back to rezzing, or just chuck the rez grenade off the wall to get the downed guys while you watch your corner.
True, I defenetly try to make sure there are no enemys close to me before rezing someone and if there are, I will kill them before picking someone. Then there are other times (normally in longer range fights) that I will pick someone wile under fire and get them back to cover before pulling my gun back up.
Old 2013-05-15, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

shockfc

my stream =)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)