intel ad - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What is this "Life" you speak of?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-15, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Doppler
WHAT! HOW DARE YOU! JUST AS I MADE THE WORLD I SHALL NOW UNMAKE YOU MUHAHAHA!

Ok sorry meglomania aside (and yes that was a joke I'm just sorry I didnt get the followup post in before you and others could reply).

The Ad itself bothers me but not so much perse as the overall trend it's part of. That SOE will screw over their customer base to the absolute maximum level they can as certified by united labs.
Well, im glad you can see the funny side of it
It does annoy me, but i wont get too upset till i start seeing things like this :

Old 2003-09-15, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Phaden
Contributor
Major

thats great!!

But seriously, did anyone notice that it comes on the loading screen, and that suddenly the loading screen comes up whenever you spawn jump in the same cont?? or even just when you die???
Old 2003-09-15, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Intruder
First Sergeant

Originally posted by BMagex
thats great!!

But seriously, did anyone notice that it comes on the loading screen, and that suddenly the loading screen comes up whenever you spawn jump in the same cont?? or even just when you die???
Yep that was added in the new patch, part of the making the speed and connection better.

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-09-15, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Here's what I say about it. Not to be taken seriously, and not work friendly.....

Flammey's Dicionary Lesson
Old 2003-09-15, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Harps
First Sergeant

like i said guys ... Its not that it effects the gameplay and im not ganna stop playing because of it but really come on we are paying 13 a month and whoever said the ad will get us more free stuff you are a idiot... Really i thnk planetside is suffering from lack of players and they need another income matter how little it is.
Old 2003-09-15, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

It doesn't effect my gameplay and it doesn't effect balance. Therefore: I couldn't possibly care less.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-15, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Harps
like i said guys ... Its not that it effects the gameplay and im not ganna stop playing because of it but really come on we are paying 13 a month and whoever said the ad will get us more free stuff you are a idiot... Really i thnk planetside is suffering from lack of players and they need another income matter how little it is.
If you got an email from SOE saying : "Sorry, but due to a lack of subscriptions, we can eaither do one of two things, we can A) put a ad on the load screen to raise more money, or B) we can discontinue the game."

Which one would you go for ?

Old 2003-09-15, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I think that kind of puts it in perspective there Shadowseed.

I WOULD PICK TO CANCEL THE GAME!!! /sarcasm!
Old 2003-09-15, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by shadowseed
If you got an email from SOE saying : "Sorry, but due to a lack of subscriptions, we can eaither do one of two things, we can A) put a ad on the load screen to raise more money, or B) we can discontinue the game."

Cancel.

Why? Because if Planetside has truely lost so many people that it is a money loosing venture for sony, then they alreadyw hould have pulled the plug. They will enver ask that question, they havnt cared about player input up to this point, why whould they start then?

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-15, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jagd
Major

Oh relax children. Advertising is everywhere, and will continue to expand and cover more and more places until there is nothing left untouched. If Intel thinks they can sell a few more chips by sticking a logo on Planetside, when probably the vast majority of players are already using P4s then let them spend some of their dumptruck full of money on it.

If it offends you that there is advertising crammed into something you are paying for, please stop watching cable, going to movies, or reading magazines and continue using the various free forms of media out there such as the radio, exciting industry specific rags, and those wonderful flyers in your mailbox.
Old 2003-09-15, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Harps
First Sergeant

Originally posted by shadowseed

i would cancel at this point because why would i want to play on empty servers...

o and about the stop watching cable.. people dont pay for the channels .. NBC doesnt get our monthly payment from cable companys, so i see why they have to advertise. Its like you pay for hbo and you dont get commericals. Also the movie theaters are getting into a bunch of trouble now they cant play any commercials besides before the movie listing time
Old 2003-09-15, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I loathe the add.

Feels like i'm paying for commercial.
Old 2003-09-15, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Cheers to Kongstad for the pic:

Old 2003-09-15, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
GeistX
Contributor
Corporal

That is an awesome picture! But you forgot the Nike swoosh.
Old 2003-09-15, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Doppler
WHAT! HOW DARE YOU! JUST AS I MADE THE WORLD I SHALL NOW UNMAKE YOU MUHAHAHA!

Ok sorry meglomania aside (and yes that was a joke I'm just sorry I didnt get the followup post in before you and others could reply).

The Ad itself bothers me but not so much perse as the overall trend it's part of. That SOE will screw over their customer base to the absolute maximum level they can as certified by united labs.

Oh my bad massah, sorry I should be toeing the party line.

If you really think that I dont know what I can truely say to you, other then.

FUCK YOU FOR JUDGING THE VALIDITY OF MY COMPLAINTS.

Go look for the section on the planetisde petition I dont feel like repeating myself.
your more phsyco then me.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion