People still bitching about Jackhammer! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of Strategery and Nuculer Weapons.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

I cant beleive other empire still whine about this. The NC only have two things of use in there arsenal : the JH and the VanGuard.

The TR have the chaingun and the pounder (and the pounder is devistating indoors and out!)

The VS have the Lasher and the MagMower (as well as that cool long range anti-vechical sniper gun, cant remember the name.)

Every empire has its + and -'s. If anything the NC lose out at the moment cos there MAX units special ability is not anywhere near the same usfullness as the the other empires.

The JH requires a medium level of accuracy ( a good one if you want to kill your target before he kills you!) and to be up close.

The TR's chaingun and the VS's lasher dont not require much accuracy, as you can spray the CG and the Lasher does area of effect damage.

AND any TR that are wingeing, the prowler is going to be more powerful in the next upgrade. So stop complaining!.

NC +: the JH and Vangaurd
NC -: the MAX's sheild thing is pretty poor

TR +: pounder and the CG (and soon the prowler)
TR- : ? (u tell me)

VS +: Magmower and Lasher
VS - : ? (u tell me)

Old 2003-09-16, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Indecisive
Major General

K ill tell you disadvanages of VS.

1. beamer (ha!)
2. knife that glows
3. Running over peeps in the mag you get significant damage. and our "AI" gun on the mag sucks fat hairy ass
4. Mag gun has the least splash
5. Mag gun take the most skill to use.
6. Lancer is the hardest AV weapon to use and requires mad skill
7. AI max is inaccuarate and has no impact range (Ex. scattercannon spreads, Pounder, well, pounds)
8. You can *still* easyily dodge lasher fire.
9. All vanu weapons's tracers are hella bright and easy to trace.
10. Least powerful Buggy (no fucking morters or one hit kill missles...no...we get the...bubble gun.)
11. Our AA maxes isnt nearly as vercitile as the others.
12. Worst AV max.
13. WE ARE PURPLE!
14. Our HA gun is the only one that requires SKILL!. You have to LEAD EACH AND EVERY SHOT. Not come running at someone and letting go of the trigger every few second to burst, OR hit "q" and hold LMB and just guide the char everywere, killing everyone short of maxs in 2 count em 2 hits.

There is prolly more.

-End line.

Last edited by Indecisive; 2003-09-16 at 11:30 AM.
Old 2003-09-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I cant beleive other empire still whine about this.
Last i checked it was an NC who made the thread.
The TR have the chaingun and the pounder (and the pounder is devistating indoors and out!)
The MCG is a joke compared to the Jack and Lasher, because you have to get closer to use it, which is exactly where they want you to be, there is a small belt where it's marginally more effective, but it's virtually impossible to stay there because they move so much faster then you (surge only works one way.) The Pounder is only effective if it can hold the high ground, while locked down, with engineers behind it and there are no enemy MAXes to rush it, otherwise it's about as effective as anyone else's AI MAX.
The JH requires a medium level of accuracy ( a good one if you want to kill your target before he kills you!) and to be up close.
The Jack requires almost no skill in aiming, it's just point, click, insta-hit (well, damn near insta hit.)
AND any TR that are wingeing, the prowler is going to be more powerful in the next upgrade. So stop complaining!.
Noone has made a Jackhammer nerf thread in forever, so if some idiot NC goes and creates one telling us to shut up, i'm going to tell him to shove it up his ass and exactly why, and your Vanguard is getting an armor buff too.

Small target area + Higher armor + highest damage per shot + relatively accurate (in comparision) > Highest damage per second - Bad accuraccy - HUGE target area - less armor, listed in order of most helpful to most crippling.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-09-16 at 12:29 PM.
Old 2003-09-16, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by shadowseed
I cant beleive other empire still whine about this. The NC only have two things of use in there arsenal : the JH and the VanGuard.

The VS have the Lasher and the MagMower (as well as that cool long range anti-vechical sniper gun, cant remember the name.)

Every empire has its + and -'s. If anything the NC lose out at the moment cos there MAX units special ability is not anywhere near the same usfullness as the the other empires.

The TR's chaingun and the VS's lasher dont not require much accuracy, as you can spray the CG and the Lasher does area of effect damage.

NC +: the JH and Vangaurd
NC -: the MAX's sheild thing is pretty poor

TR +: pounder and the CG (and soon the prowler)
TR- : ? (u tell me)

VS +: Magmower and Lasher
VS - : ? (u tell me)
I agree with this for the most part, though you must acknowledge the fact that the Enforcer is almost surely the best assault buggie in the game. And lets not forget that gauss rifle either (it's debatable weather or not the cycler is a better weapon however)...

And no I'm not claiming the faction is unbalanced, just stating obvious facts.
Old 2003-09-16, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
JuSTCHiLLiN
Corporal

Originally posted by Gohan_VA

1. beamer (ha!)
-ok, point
2. knife that glows
-all empires' knives glow when cloaked and on secondary
3. Running over peeps in the mag you get significant damage.
and our "AI" gun on the mag sucks fat hairy ass
-the mag has the ability to run over people at a trendmous rate
-the mag is useful with one person
-given
-direct fire? no arc? point and shoot? skill?
-hmm, shoots straight, can fire repeatedly without reloading; I'll concede that hitting moving air vehicles would be hard; the only AV weapon I think is useful is the Striker
7. AI max is inaccuarate and has no impact range (Ex. scattercannon spreads, Pounder, well, pounds)
-pounder is awesome yes; the scattercannon "spreads" but that doesn't mean it kills; I have a VS MAX character on Markov and I think the AI's for NC and VS suck equally except at least the VS can jump over walls
-do you mean at range? where jack hammers have no effectiveness? or inside a hallway where you can avoid the lasher direct fire only to get hit by the indirect fire?
-true
10. Least powerful Buggy (no fucking morters or one hit kill missles...no...we get the...bubble gun.)
-true, everyone drives a mag instead
-versatile
12. Worst AV max.
-the falcon blows just a hard; don't know about the TR's
13. WE ARE PURPLE!
-the color of gay
14. Our HA gun is the only one that requires SKILL!. You have to LEAD EACH AND EVERY SHOT. Not come running at someone and letting go of the trigger every few second to burst, OR hit "q" and hold LMB and just guide the char everywere, killing everyone short of maxs in 2 count em 2 hits.
-shooting down a full hallway doesn't count as skill

There is prolly more.

-End line.

JuSTCHiLLiN - JCsuperstar - xxJCxx
www.sghq.com formerly of Immortalis Vita
Old 2003-09-16, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Thanks JC. I'm too tired to counter that much bullshit today. There's another thread about the Lancer. Do me a favor and head there too

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-16, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Incompetent wins the thread for being completely correct on all counts in his assesment.

Let me tell you a story: I was standing behind a bunker at a base entrance the other day and caught a agile/jack jump one of my squaddies at the turret. This is a distance of about 50-75 meters and any experienced player can picture this in thier heads. I whipped out my cycler and started in on him. He saw me and jumped off the wall chuka-boom-chuka-boom-chuka-boom the whole way. I know he is trying to close the distance since that should be his only hope against an assault rifle especially the cycler but I am running backwards the whole time. By this time I am on my 2nd clip, having pegged him with most shots. I die at a range of 30 meters, losing to a fucking shotgun while getting the jump at range with an assault rifle.

So this dude manages to jump off a wall at 50-75 meters while I am gunning him down with the best assault rifle in the game, and still kills me before he even got a tanks distance away. Incompetent has it right. A)you dont have to aim with the Jack to be effective and B)no CoF bloom. Its ludicrous
Old 2003-09-16, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

You made the mistake of moveing while trying to engage a target at range with an assault rifle. If you had crouched stayed still and bursted with it, he would have been dead, and you would have not had to reload.

That death was more stupidaty on your part methinks. I think the HA weapons are about as well balanced as they are going to get, so please stop makeing these threads(that means you NC out there too!).

BTW, the Gausse is more effective at range than the cycler in my expirence. The cycler's advantage is that you can effectively spray with it at close range(IE: inside bases) while you cant with the gausse.
Old 2003-09-17, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Actually I know damn well how to use assault rifles. I have been playing since beta, have a 15+BR in each empire and mastered every cert available. While I am certainly not the best player out there, all three of my main characters have been in the Dicepoint 1000 list. With the ammount of experience and hours I have logged in this game I am quite able to make informed and intelligent judgments about tactical workings of each empire. Hardly someone that doesnt know how to shoot an assault rifle so dont insult my intelligence. Despite what you believe about the Cycler, it is far superior to the Gauss and can be used on the run quite effectivly. The Gauss is highly inacurate at any range and while each bullet does more damage than a cycler bullet, you will be far more acurate with a cycler. I hardly carry a Gauss on my NC character because frankly, its so damn dissapointing compared to the cycler I just dont like using it
Old 2003-09-17, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

This is a distance of about 50-75 meters and any experienced player can picture this in thier heads. I whipped out my cycler and started in on him. He saw me and jumped off the wall chuka-boom-chuka-boom-chuka-boom the whole way. I know he is trying to close the distance since that should be his only hope against an assault rifle especially the cycler but I am running backwards the whole time.
Ok.

By this time I am on my 2nd clip, having pegged him with most shots.
How many shots is "most" shots? 25? 35?

There's no way he could have been shot up by you that much and not die. Did you forget to mention the 12 trees between you and him where he could sit behind and use a BANK and a medical applicator to heal up to full? Is your concept of "most" 10 bullets out of a 50 round clip? Or are you just making a gross exaggeration?

Actually I know damn well how to use assault rifles. I have been playing since beta, have a 15+BR in each empire and mastered every cert available. While I am certainly not the best player out there, all three of my main characters have been in the Dicepoint 1000 list. With the ammount of experience and hours I have logged in this game I am quite able to make informed and intelligent judgments about tactical workings of each empire. Hardly someone that doesnt know how to shoot an assault rifle so dont insult my intelligence. Despite what you believe about the Cycler, it is far superior to the Gauss and can be used on the run quite effectivly. The Gauss is highly inacurate at any range and while each bullet does more damage than a cycler bullet, you will be far more acurate with a cycler. I hardly carry a Gauss on my NC character because frankly, its so damn dissapointing compared to the cycler I just dont like using it
Indeed. I think you need to try the gauss again if you think its inaccurate and the cycler is that much better.
Old 2003-09-17, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Gohan_VA

1. beamer (ha!)
Ok, ill conceade that.
2. knife that glows
All empires knives glow in secondary.
3. Running over peeps in the mag you get significant damage. and our "AI" gun on the mag sucks fat hairy ass
You can wipe out who outfits before your magmower goes boom. If its so crap at it, why do so many people use it like that (with no gunner). And the AI gun on the Vangaurd is just as pants.
Ok.
How so ?. You VS are so used to big splash weapons that you got used to not having to aim properly.
The lancer is cool, its got fantastic range and supurb damage when it hit. Again, you actually have to aim it...
Its not terrible, and its got a much better range than the NC max, which really needs to be up close to do any huge amount of damage, and that can be difficult when they are so slow.
Not if your in close or indoors. You can doge then main beam, but you *always* get hit by the lash.
true.
10. Least powerful Buggy (no fucking morters or one hit kill
missles...no...we get the...bubble gun.)
cant comment. Not seen ayone using it.
Err... i dont think do. They seem to be preety effective. Ive seen them take out full-health reavers without a reload. Something that seems difficult to do in a NC max.
12. Worst AV max.
how so ?
13. WE ARE PURPLE!
Better in the dark ?
Rubbish, you can kill a cloker with 2 hits, yeah, bt not anyone else.

Old 2003-09-17, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't see a problem with any weapon. I can use them all with skill. All vehicle weapons, Infantry weapons, and MAX weapons. And FYI The Pounder max is not the only AI max. The Dual Cycler MAX is AI as well. All the empires have 2 max's that work against Infantry. It's just that the Pounder is HEllah-in-hallwayah
Old 2003-09-17, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Indeed. I think you need to try the gauss again if you think its inaccurate and the cycler is that much better.
My advice is that you start up a TR guy and try it out for yourself.
Old 2003-09-17, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vick
Second Lieutenant

To me a lame weapon is one that is very easy to use, thus is a spamgun.

Jackhammer (Pointclickdead)
MCG (Inside you can just hold down fire and circle strafe, which many TR do, using it crouched at distance is not nuub)
Cycler (Same as MCG, wish I could just spam like some TR do with my gauss)
Rocklet (Only when you kill yourself with it while attacking a single infantry, that is so spam)
Striker (Ultimate easy-to-use weapon)
Magrider (Very very easy to mow with)
Lasher (AIMING? WTF IS THAT??)

Pounder is a little to good after the deci nerf, but I think it takes a reasonable amount of skill to use. Thumper is the same, takes some skill to use without killing yourself/others.

Did I miss anything? I am NC, so please mention if you guys think anything else is the nuub.

For the record I have never had JH cert for more then 24 hours, I am usualy either standard/sweeper, agile/gauss, agile/rocklet, or scattermax. I am BR20/CR3 on Konried, with about 7k kills. I enjoy long walks on the beach, dropping out of aircraft, and pwning rexos with lashers while using a sweeper and standard armor.
Old 2003-09-17, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Queensidecastle
Despite what you believe about the Cycler, it is far superior to the Gauss...

This seems to be opinion base and you are one of the few who thinks this...

Originally posted by Vick
MCG (Inside you can just hold down fire and circle strafe, which many TR do, using it crouched at distance is not nuub)
Cycler (Same as MCG, wish I could just spam like some TR do with my gauss)

Have you actually used these two weapons? Their low damage output disallows "spray and pay" tactics. Your bullets must hit or you'll loose to weapons which have higher damage outputs(lasher/JH for MCG and All HA/Gauss for cycler).

Last edited by noxious; 2003-09-17 at 11:12 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion