News: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this quote will self destruct in 3 seconds!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-13, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13

I know a nerf to ZOE was coming.
It seems to have been reduced to worthlessness
More importantly its also had 'fun' completely removed.

The timer makes it seems as though its now a case of "can ZOE help me in this fight?"
ie: am I killing the enemy without getting shot .. yay 8 seconds to kill them faster.

Can we a different variant of ZOE?
No damage penalty. Disable weapons.
A toggled movement mode -> ie we can move fast or shoot. toggled on/off.
Old 2013-06-13, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Stanis View Post
The timer makes it seems as though its now a case of "can ZOE help me in this fight?"
To be fair that is actually what it was supposed to be, instead of a DUH why would you NOT have ZOE active all the time?

NC shield and TR lockdown are both very situational even though they don't have a timer. The ZOE from the start was supposed to make you choose as well but the good outweighed the bad by so much you hardly noticed.
Also it is on the test server so maybe the data and feedback from that will get it more properly balanced when it goes live.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
To be fair that is actually what it was supposed to be, instead of a DUH why would you NOT have ZOE active all the time?

NC shield and TR lockdown are both very situational even though they don't have a timer. The ZOE from the start was supposed to make you choose as well but the good outweighed the bad by so much you hardly noticed.
Also it is on the test server so maybe the data and feedback from that will get it more properly balanced when it goes live.
The downside to having ZOE online :

purple glowing target
20% extra damage

The problem with an 8 second timer :

its more 'win' if you're winning. otherwise it's useless.

The timer should be a cooldown when you activate or deactivate.
Ie: NO flipping it on or off.

I think that's all that ZOE needed.
Old 2013-06-13, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kiten
Private

ZOE was a bit too much; but with these changes I doubt it will retain some real appeal to a player. If it has to function like charge, the reduced armour for the period of activation kills a lot of movement options you could otherwise get in that 8 second timespan. I guess they want it so people can't start sidestrafing runs without facing the chance of being downed by the enemy?

I guess the fuel recharge rate, not mentioned in the patch notes, will be the real deciding factor here. Waiting for people to try it out on the test server before commenting further.
Old 2013-06-13, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

The version thats currently on the PTS is useless. A fuel costs removes the use of the Zoe completly.

Suggestion: keep your dirty fingers away from mah zoeh! :/
Old 2013-06-13, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PredatorFour
Major

There's been times recently in big fights like in bio's where i've been switching zoe off just for survivability. ZOE was great and probably needed a nerf but a double nerf is hard to take. 2250 certs wasted in zoe ah well..it was fun while it lasted Probably not even that useful now.

Why not have 8 seconds for lvl 1 ZOE
10 for lvl 2
12 for lvl 3
14 for lvl 4
16 for lvl 5

Or even just smaller time increases. What i'm trying to point out is that it should be buffed the more you cert into it.

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-06-13 at 05:27 PM.
Old 2013-06-13, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Well thats the end of me using a max to get from a to b.
In my opinion, what should have been levelled in ZOE wasn't the damage but the movemant speed. Hell get rid of the damage increase and make the speed at which you move be what scales, that way you don't have a ton of people with base level ZOE getting the max benefit, less crack maxes, less bitching. Oh wait its Ps2 the bitching will never cease.

Old 2013-06-13, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
AThreatToYou
Major

Increased Zealot Overdrive armor debuff to 30%

Added a fuel cost to the Zealot Overdrive, allowing up to 8 seconds of sustained use
Too much nerf. Pick one or the other, not both, if anything.
My experience dictates that ZOE does not need to be nerfed against ground targets.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-06-13 at 05:12 PM.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Selerox
Sergeant

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Too much nerf. Pick one or the other, not both, if anything.
My experience dictates that ZOE does not need to be nerfed against ground targets.
Exactly. I would have no issue with removing the Burster damage bonus completely. It wasn't needed.

But ramping up the damage taken and adding a timer is basically screwing it out of existence. I can imagine VS MAXes becoming the rarity they used to be very quickly.

This is the Magrider over-nerf fiasco all over again...
Old 2013-06-13, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shogun
Contributor
General

a lot of nice changes!
will check them out tomorrow!

and the best part is, that all vs players should really install the testserver client now and test the zoe to deliver data for the devs, if they think the changes made it worthless.

you think your max is crippled now? go to testserver and proove it!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-06-13, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

The Map Tutorial is new, check it out. I know the button is in a not very discoverable place but that'll be fixed in another update. It's a lot more detailed than the previous map tutorial that popped up the first time you opened it. It was my attempt at explaining how the map is organized and how to figure out what is going on when you look at it.

The tutorial changes were relatively minor in this update. Mostly they were adjustments based on usage data in an attempt to make it a bit easier to get through for more players.

The change where vehicles, jump pads, and generators is added is still coming. I got most of it done but still needs art polish and for me to run through it a few hundred more times to iron out any kinks. I think I could probably run through the tutorial with the monitor turned off at this point
Old 2013-06-13, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The Map Tutorial is new, check it out. I know the button is in a not very discoverable place but that'll be fixed in another update. It's a lot more detailed than the previous map tutorial that popped up the first time you opened it. It was my attempt at explaining how the map is organized and how to figure out what is going on when you look at it.

The tutorial changes were relatively minor in this update. Mostly they were adjustments based on usage data in an attempt to make it a bit easier to get through for more players.

The change where vehicles, jump pads, and generators is added is still coming. I got most of it done but still needs art polish and for me to run through it a few hundred more times to iron out any kinks. I think I could probably run through the tutorial with the monitor turned off at this point
Just glad to see that the tutorial is getting bigger and better.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
and the best part is, that all vs players should really install the testserver client now and test the zoe to deliver data for the devs, if they think the changes made it worthless.

you think your max is crippled now? go to testserver and proove it!
Indeed. Then again the VS already outnumbers everyone else on the PST
But still, get to testing you lot!

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-15, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post

Suggestion? Give Certs for completing portions of the tutorial so new players might feel less like they're wasting their time in a tutorial instead of runnin' and gunnin'.

It'll also give them a reason to come back and finish off the tutorial in-case they get bored halfway and skip it.
Old 2013-06-13, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Guess the original post was too ambiguous.Already tested ZOE on PTS, the changes arn't on PTS.The PROPOSED double nerf is wayyyyyyy too much. If it goes live VS will re enter forum side 2 with renewed vigor. Although since people learned how to deal with ZOE maxes i found my self using charge a lot more.
Good changes on the bursters for TR and VS though.

Last edited by LoliLoveFart; 2013-06-14 at 05:32 AM.
Old 2013-06-13, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Frizz
Private

Whoever is in charge of game balance in ps2 needs to be tuned, tweaked, and optimized.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion