Where is the 6 month plan? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I got banned for submitting anti-Hamma quotes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-20, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Re: Where is the 6 month plan?

BFRs, bro
A handful of persistent loud folk love to say how much they hated them, but this is the all new planetside, bigdumb fun is the name of the game, and BFRs would attract more players.
After witnessing PS2 libs, I defy anyone to claim BFRs were OP.

FIGHT ME.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SgtMAD
Captain

oh, this is simple, the announcement will be the addition of BFR's and Core Combat, then there will be a "Bending" which is SOE speak for "all you sorry PS vets bend over".
Old 2013-01-20, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Until I see "Underslung MCG on the store" I will not be coming back.
There is this little spark of faith left inside me that since they're planning on updating old weapon models in the coming weeks/months that maybe, just maybe, we might see it come back in a new form. It probably won't resemble the old design that caused them problems of making it shoot over boxes or the current one

But I'm keeping my enthusiasm low
Old 2013-01-20, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
Can someone get a source for this? I keep hearing this comment getting tossed around but never substantiated.
Yea I am not sure.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-20, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
BFRs, bro
A handful of persistent loud folk love to say how much they hated them, but this is the all new planetside, bigdumb fun is the name of the game, and BFRs would attract more players.
After witnessing PS2 libs, I defy anyone to claim BFRs were OP.

FIGHT ME.

By handful i assume you mean the majority of PS1 players.

BFRs were originally quite overpowered. And thats when we gre to hate them.
Eventually they were nerfed to a more reasonable level.

But right now the game is dominated by vehicles and making infantry players unhappy - adding more vehicles isnt going to fix this.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Palerion
Sergeant Major

My enthusiasm is surging personally. Renovating weapon models, fixing the meta-game, reducing the vehicle zerg; I think they're hitting all the big issues. It's like one of those cheap houses you buy for 50k, but when it's all said and done, I have a good feeling this game is going to be worth millions. (Don't freak out because I compared PS2 to a cheap house in its current state, lol)
Old 2013-01-20, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

The 6 month roadmap needs to spell out how Auraxis all links together. What continents will exist, and how they are linked and why we should care.
Foothold warpgates must go - the shield must drop if you lose all other territory on the cont, and then the foothold itself must be capturable. Conts need to be locked like PS1 and we need Sanctuaries to return. This will improve fights not make downtime longer.

The new player experience needs looking at desperately. A VR room like someone said would be good, missions as well. And get rid of the OMG moment of dropping a newbie into the busiest fight before they've even redefined keys.

Last edited by Ruffdog; 2013-01-20 at 11:34 PM.
Old 2013-01-21, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
The 6 month roadmap needs to spell out how Auraxis all links together. What continents will exist, and how they are linked and why we should care.
Foothold warpgates must go - the shield must drop if you lose all other territory on the cont, and then the foothold itself must be capturable. Conts need to be locked like PS1 and we need Sanctuaries to return. This will improve fights not make downtime longer.

The new player experience needs looking at desperately. A VR room like someone said would be good, missions as well. And get rid of the OMG moment of dropping a newbie into the busiest fight before they've even redefined keys.
Ahem...

Even though you are TR... I have to agree with you.

One of the things I loved most about PS1 was driving prowlers or magriders when I was NC. Not that they were any good or suitable for my playstyle or anything, but because it was a massive source of humiliation for TRs to get killed by prowlers.
Old 2013-01-21, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mietz
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
Can someone get a source for this? I keep hearing this comment getting tossed around but never substantiated.
There is no source because it's an analysis made up in an article:
http://themittani.com/features/how-e...side-2s-future

The main reason why Planetside 1 veterans can cheer up is that they will mostly get what they want over time. If you check the many developer commentaries and Q&A sessions, things should start to make a lot more sense, especially when you read between the lines:

The whole idea of Planetside 2 has always been to release a Battlefield 3 on crack and then turn it into a Planetside 1 on steroids over time.
Its just that Smedley mentioned the -site- on twitter and said "some intelligent stuff there" and people took that to mean that he agrees with the article for some reason.

Last edited by Mietz; 2013-01-21 at 06:34 AM.
Old 2013-01-21, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks Mietz!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-21, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

After driving a Lightning in a circle all the way around Amerish, I have to say that the best thing they could add to the game is the Buggies and some rally racing paths. Amazing how good the level design would be for that!

"Paths" would simply be a thread you needed top follow to remain in the race. Deviation away from the path would dock you points. Lose enough points and you're disqualified. Person with the fastest time wins. In the case of a tie, person with the fastest time and most points wins. In case of a time and points tie, pigs will fly and the tie will stand.

Make 7 different paths, one for each day, and randomize the order they are available each week.

Buggies would have battle related and race related certs.

While racing can certainly be done in groups, winners are decided by race times once per day and thus can be completed solo. Prizes (in game) go to the top 25 people per day.

Getting blown up or disqualified means the player needs to start the race from the beginning. Players can complete the race as many times as they like, but only their best run out of their first three will be counted.

This would be worth logging in for.
Old 2013-01-21, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
james
Sergeant Major

This 6 month plan needs to be huge
The things i want to see and what i think needs to be done.
2 or more continents
A meta game, including continent locking, and some flow between continents
A redo of the resource system, making them less abundant, making the major bases more important to hold. Well cutting down on Chile spam.
If population is not up within 1 month, cut servers down to 2 per region. This games needs high population to work right.
Balance tweaks, a slight buff to the nc, and a slight nerf to the TR.
Introduction of more vehicles
Optimization
GPS system for vehicles. Yes i'm serious.
Old 2013-01-21, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Assist
Contributor
Major

6 Month Plan:

Metagame - Something that requires more thought than 'go there do this'.
Reasons to take/hold a continent.
Reasons to defend a base rather than grab empty territory.
More penalties for loss of territory/continents.

Server Merges - PS2 requires population on all continents to be worth playing, please make this happen. Transfers don't increase population.

Upgradable Bases - Some will hate this, but make a way for resources to be involved in the modification of bases(more turrets, shields, armor etc) Outfit tagging goes into this as well

Continents - Obviously, at least 2 in 6 months. Preferably one sooner rather than later.

Achievements - Expand beyond the Medal system. Lots of different systems out there for other games, pick something and make it more worthwhile than just a stats board. Give people more of a sense of accomplishment to weekly goals.

Water - I wants it, I needs it, give me a jetski with a saron on it pls!!@!@

Balancing - More thought needs to go into it. Nerf hard, bring back up to par afterwards. I hate the small tweaks nerfing, but I see why it's done considering SC is used to pay for weapons. Some vehicles need reworked, they're too versatile. Make the game require strategy, not have strategy as an afterthought. Reduction in explosives across the board, maybe an increase in costs.

I hope they get some things right. Expectations patches should aim high, promise a lot, and deliver on what you can. A lot will bitch and complain about something not making it in during that 6 months, but it's better to let the user base know you're working on it / thought about it than to never acknowledge it as something in the plan.
Old 2013-01-21, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
Every time I load up the Planetside icon the message of the day says check out the 6 month plan.

So where is it.

Bored as hell waiting for something to happen with this game.
Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
Probably gonna be a huge build up to nothing mates

What the hell? "I'm tired of waiting for this thing that I'm quite sure will disappoint me."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion