New Max Updates on Test Server - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet you're looking at this right now!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-27, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
moosepoop
Captain

Re: New Max Updates on Test Server

Originally Posted by Kail View Post

"VS get ... nothing"
quit whining, your max get supersayan speed hack mode.
Old 2013-04-27, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Everyone in the test VR last night were overjoyed with the movement speed increase. In outdoor skirmishes the ZOE MAX will be the seemingly best variant. However the damage increase seemed meh.

Quasar takes 56 shots to kill an NC Dummy MAX to the chest (I assume with no Kinetic Armor upgrade). With ZOE on it takes 48 shots with a Quasar.

Headshots 24 on NC Dummy max, 30 headshots with ZOE off.

Keep in mind that this is with ZOE upgrade 5.

What is that, 15-20%? Is anyone able to determine the extra damage taken?

Old 2013-04-27, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You missed the important part of the OP. Why are you giving that Vanu the "jack of all trades" ability? It's not exciting or interesting. Most players when given the choice are going to choose the offensive or defensive ability, not the one that's 50% of each.
I think its pretty interesting when you can insta gib people atm with flamethrowers when ZOE mod is on. There are videos that have been popping up showing off how OP the ZOE module is atm..
Old 2013-04-27, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rasui
Sergeant

People are complaining about the ZOE? That's just mind blowing to me.

Think about this for a second. Lets assume it goes live with a 40% damage increase at max rank. Now strap two blueshifts on, 143 damage at ALL ranges just became 200 damage at ALL ranges. I'm going to be dual wielding fricken gauss SAW's. How is that not absolutely terrifying for all infantry downrange?
Old 2013-04-27, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

I don't mean to come across like I'm jumping on you or anything.
I've had more offensive stuff thrown at me, thanks though.
But they have, though - when the PTS first went up, it was for Hex change testing. A few days ago they got the Harrasser up for people to start giving feedback, and just last night they got all the MAX abilities and weapons officially up with a first pass. Extra stuff sneaks on to the PTS all the time (Hossin warp button, tutorial, etc). Sometimes it's just not worth it to patch the PTS to remove it, like the MAX weapons for the last few days.

I'm just super annoyed at the video for being unable to tell that maybe, just maybe, being able to kill a tank in a few seconds or being able to 1-salvo another max MIGHT mean the weapon hasn't been actually tuned yet.
Fellow smart person, I hate to break it to you... not everyone is. There will always be people who shout X IS OP This game SUCKS and proceed to spread their complaints around the entire forum. They don't even need to have tested it themselves, they just collect general impressions, exaggerate them and then let the QQ flow.

Doing this to the patch notes will simply give SOE something to point to: "Look here, we're not done yet, no need to GO ON A BLOODY CRUSADE quite yet".

I'm not sure if people actually listen to those trolls, but them existing certainly has no positive effects. Feed them less, and nobody will feel worse for it.

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
quit whining, your max get supersayan speed hack mode.
QUOTATION MARKS. And an emote. Aren't your ears bursting from the sirens of your sarcasm detector? Or did you misplace yours?

Last edited by EvilNinjadude; 2013-04-27 at 01:26 PM.
Old 2013-04-27, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

How can you guys say the VS is getting nothing when they are getting a speed boost? I'm confused.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-27, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Don't forget that whats eventually released isn't necessarily the final product either.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bravix
Sergeant Major

I rather like ZOE. Got the feeling the speed will be nerfed, at which point I probably won't like it.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
I think its pretty interesting when you can insta gib people atm with flamethrowers when ZOE mod is on. There are videos that have been popping up showing off how OP the ZOE module is atm..
Yeah, but by the time I switched over to VS, the Flamethrowers has MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared outside of VR...
Old 2013-04-28, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rasui View Post
People are complaining about the ZOE? That's just mind blowing to me.

Think about this for a second. Lets assume it goes live with a 40% damage increase at max rank. Now strap two blueshifts on, 143 damage at ALL ranges just became 200 damage at ALL ranges. I'm going to be dual wielding fricken gauss SAW's. How is that not absolutely terrifying for all infantry downrange?
Wrong info, it's only 25% on max level. And also 20% more damage taken. So basically it's a five percent damage bonus in a firefight, because you will get hit as a max. You still are a pretty big target that will be a priority for your enemies.
40% movement speed won't cut it much as you also rely on the engineer(s) at your back. With ZOE even more so.
In more defensive use the ZOE seems to be nice, when the max won't be hit as much. But as soon as real fights start I fail to see ZOEs use.
Sure, it's still better then charge. But that ability is pretty much crap anyway. Not saying that it's bad but currently I (maybe) would even trade in lockdown. With such a short ttk in this game it's way better then TR player make it to be.
Overall those abilities are only about "okay", which in comparison I think is fine. I take them thankfully, but only because the only alternative we have is charge.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-04-28 at 06:18 AM.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

The constant calls for repairs from MAX's are already annoying, with an additional 20% damage being taken that macro may end up being spammed non stop, not to mention constantly rezzing VS MAX's that take a decimator to the face with the ZOE activated. Bottom line is that having a glass cannon MAX is a total contradiction to the role they fill.

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-04-28 at 07:00 AM.
Old 2013-04-28, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
hashish
Sergeant

What!? only 5% dmg increase over damage taken? Ah thats just not right..

Doesnt make sense how ZOE can actually be used in combat situations where you will be the bullet-magnet most of the time and the fast movement wont help as engineers wont be able to keep with you all the time :/

Lets see how it performs anyways in the next couple weeks.. Im not too optimistic with ZOE though still, just doesnt seem as useful as lockdown or the shield..

Old 2013-04-28, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Fenrys
Major

I'm dubious about the utility of the TR and VS ability.

All MAX should get shields. It's the only ability that seems practical.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Wrong info, it's only 25% on max level. And also 20% more damage taken. So basically it's a five percent damage bonus in a firefight, because you will get hit as a max. You still are a pretty big target that will be a priority for your enemies.
40% movement speed won't cut it much as you also rely on the engineer(s) at your back. With ZOE even more so.
In more defensive use the ZOE seems to be nice, when the max won't be hit as much. But as soon as real fights start I fail to see ZOEs use.
Sure, it's still better then charge. But that ability is pretty much crap anyway. Not saying that it's bad but currently I (maybe) would even trade in lockdown. With such a short ttk in this game it's way better then TR player make it to be.
Overall those abilities are only about "okay", which in comparison I think is fine. I take them thankfully, but only because the only alternative we have is charge.
Yeah, I see that now. I also read somewhere that the damage increase isn't just 20% it's 20% off of the MAX small arms resist. Is this confirmed? If so it's literally a 100% damage increase from small arms fire. That seems a little excessive to say the least.
Old 2013-04-28, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
All MAX should get shields. It's the only ability that seems practical.
True enough, especially if they're wanting to bring in MAX Melee weapons, but then what do the NC get that's special?

I mean Lock-down and Zealot Overdrive may have their draw backs, however they also provide generally useful buffs as well...

Really I'd make Shields that were MAX Weapon Options needing to be held up with the Fire Button to provide Directional Damage Resistance, but I'm stumped as to whether or not an additional deployable Energy Shield would be worth the cost of the Ability Slot let alone be a Factional Ability...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion