Armor Comparison: PS1 to PS2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: SIGBOT ATE MY KIDS!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-10, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Armor Comparison: PS1 to PS2

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
You know when you look at them side by side its amazing how almost identical they are just with updated graphics. I love it!! thanks for posting this.
I agree. It's funny. With as much as I played this freakin game, I never really noticed just how similar the new designs were. It is pretty amazing seeing them side by side like that.

I'm looking forward to the Max renders that much more now.

Old 2012-04-10, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Awesome ideal dude really like
Old 2012-04-10, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Typwn View Post
TR LA - Remember that the TR were the reigning empire for hundreds of years, so their equipment will look utilitarian.
Well if you're going back to the TR on earth, I'd say a utopian society is the most likely to have stylish (probably ceremonial) army uniforms. Still, that doesn't really matter for a game. I don't think you'll find many people who desire to look boring.

NA HA - The gaps are to provide full range of motion, otherwise more bulky armor to cover the gaps would restrict movement.
I didn't know NC could bend at the shins and biceps.

VS HA - The helm doesn't really bother me at all. I think it's bothering others because of the 'head on' perspective in which we are seeing the helmet. In-game I'm sure it will look perfectly fine.
Even if it looks fine from the sides, why not improve the front profile? I mean, seeing as that's the side most of your enemies should be seeing, that's the side you'd want looking the least comical, surely?
Old 2012-04-10, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ruwyn
Corporal

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Excellent job editing that NC cloaker.

However you should not worry too much about the basic color jobs the Devs gave these guys.

They need us to buy the various color/camo packs in the cash shop to help fund this game.
Except with no 3rd person you will never know what colors you have on. Why look cool if you will never know if you actually look cool or not. Basically spending $ so others can have a more impressive experience.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Awesome post!
Adding colour to the NC cloaker and VS Rexo were welcome additions. It definitely looks better!
Can't wait to see the in game models of the MAX's
Old 2012-04-10, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Well if you're going back to the TR on earth, I'd say a utopian society is the most likely to have stylish (probably ceremonial) army uniforms. Still, that doesn't really matter for a game. I don't think you'll find many people who desire to look boring.
It's not boring looking in my opinion, but it certainly fits the personality of the empire regardless.

I didn't know NC could bend at the shins and biceps.
It's actually the elbows and knees, look closely and you'll see how the straps work behind the knee guards. And if you think that is the bicep then you might want to take biology again.

Even if it looks fine from the sides, why not improve the front profile? I mean, seeing as that's the side most of your enemies should be seeing, that's the side you'd want looking the least comical, surely?
I don't know of any instance in game that I would get that exact perspective on any player. We'll have to see how it looks in-game really, but in his defense the original Rexo helms were points as well, just not as much.

Old 2012-04-10, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
Awesome post!
Adding colour to the NC cloaker and VS Rexo were welcome additions. It definitely looks better!
Can't wait to see the in game models of the MAX's
Holy shit DDShade!

I think it's gonna be a bit confusing seeing a lot of grey people running around. I bet the people who buy colors will get shot first cause they'll be more easily identifiable as the enemy.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I agree. It's funny. With as much as I played this freakin game, I never really noticed just how similar the new designs were. It is pretty amazing seeing them side by side like that.

I'm looking forward to the Max renders that much more now.
This, ahaha.

I was like, these are so radically different! but they're not.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
CutterJohn
Colonel

I think the PS1 VS MAX was certainly the most stylish, but I didn't find it to be very alien like. The new VS MAX for PS2 looks like what could possibly be the visage of the actual Vanu, which I certainly would want to represent if I were a devout follower of the Vanu Sovereignty.
Yeah, I just always tend to prefer more sensible designs. The more plausible they are, the more I approve. PS1 VS > PS2 VS in that regard.

Originally Posted by Ruwyn View Post
Except with no 3rd person you will never know what colors you have on. Why look cool if you will never know if you actually look cool or not. Basically spending $ so others can have a more impressive experience.

I'm betting you'll get to use 3rd person in the uncaps and when performing emotes, if such exist, precisely so people can admire themselves.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-10 at 03:48 PM.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
RNFB
First Sergeant

I still don't like all the gray present on the VS armor, especially the turbo-gray on the HA, and the clashing dark purple with light teal

I hate all of the helmets on the VS armor... LA's is too plain, and the black visor is really boring. Infiltrator's is goofy looking, it makes the armor look too top-heavy and like a generic alien with a huge head and lanky body. HA's is just really goofy.

I am disgusted by the VS HA's design. It's incredibly plain and doesn't look like VS. Giving it more color really doesn't do much to fix that. The head and feet don't fit with the rest of the armor, it looks conflicting. The design is flat, boring, and uninspired. All they did was make a few waves on a thick body suit and called it a day.

Now you all might say "CUSTOMIZATION!", but that's not an excuse to have ugly base models which are going to be the most frequently seen.

If TRay's team doesn't deliver on the VS Max, my hype for the game may very well disintegrate.
Old 2012-04-10, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

This is a great post! Seems the more armour the VS whack on, the less human they look, which I guess is the idea. Also I agree that the TR with their default grey will be ambiguous targets or possibly camouflaged to some degree in the urban environments.
Muhahaha!
I think that's where soe could make some coin: giving players interchangeable cosmetic options for the purpose of not standing out like a cockroach on a white carpet e.g. wearing dark colours on Esamir (arctic conditions).

VS HA has a pyramid-hat that even Lady Gaga would look at and think, "what the fuck?"
Lmao!

Why look cool if you will never know if you actually look cool or not. Basically spending $ so others can have a more impressive experience.
Mirrors / 3rd person in the Foothold!

Last edited by Ruffdog; 2012-04-10 at 04:04 PM.
Old 2012-04-10, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post

Now you all might say "CUSTOMIZATION!", but that's not an excuse to have ugly base models which are going to be the most frequently seen.
The easiest way to get people to buy skins is to make the basic level 1 armor look bland.
Old 2012-04-10, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Nice work, Typwn! Wow man, you put a ton of time into that comparison. I love how you can click the images to see the original design next to PS1's equivalent, and your own representation of PS2's color scheme.

No previous post has so accurately shown the difference that buying up cash-shop camo will make. I'm really excited to see all the variations and personal styles that come out of the customization system.
Old 2012-04-10, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Lord Paladin
Corporal

I -LOVE- the touch ups you did to do the Vanu armors (especially the heavy). Makes a HUGE difference.

Also, the NC stealther looks a lot better with your changes. Someone get T_ray over here
Old 2012-04-10, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Knocky
Major

Seriously Narcissus?

I would not buy vanity items to stare into a mirror. I would buy them to look good in front of the enemy. I would buy them to have a unit or Outfit uniform. I would buy them to hopefully blend into the background better.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion