Petition to delay the release of PS2, please read... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of Mahhhsmahhn
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-04, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: Petition to delay the release of PS2, please read...

/sign

Was undecided on this but the OP argues in an eloquent and persuasive manner; made me see the wisdom of a delay.

Irrespective of outstanding technical/gameplay issues, I just don't see the commercial sense in releasing at this time, when the latest COD is about to hit the shelves (along with all the other pre Christmas releases). COD fans will buy COD whatever; better to wait until a month or 2 after Christmas for PS2 release, when tthe COD crowd will no doubt be bored and looking for something else, perhaps a Planetside something else with a little more depth than a 10 minute TDM?
Old 2012-11-04, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arcset
Private

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Well fuck that. And there's an F bomb for ya. Fuck that.

For one I'm ready for the release. I know it's not done yet and THEY know it's not done yet but ffs I'm sick of starting over and THOUSANDS are too.

It's not going to change much from it's current state and there is nothing that will change that. Let it go, let it open up and see what it can be.
Have you not read anything about the patches that they've put out? The game (from a balancing perspective) has changed significantly over the past month, and will continue to keep evolving with every patch they release.

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
no

dont be a boob
I.....what?

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
/sign

Was undecided on this but the OP argues in an eloquent and persuasive manner; made me see the wisdom of a delay.

Irrespective of outstanding technical/gameplay issues, I just don't see the commercial sense in releasing at this time, when the latest COD is about to hit the shelves (along with all the other pre Christmas releases). COD fans will buy COD whatever; better to wait until a month or 2 after Christmas for PS2 release, when tthe COD crowd will no doubt be bored and looking for something else, perhaps a Planetside something else with a little more depth than a 10 minute TDM?
*claps* Good on you sir for seeing an alternative perspective to the release. SOE will be digging a grave for PS2 should they decide to release it in a month where two of the largest franchises in game history have titles being released. This fact cannot be argued; should SOE release the title now, they will have a significantly smaller initial player base, simply because everyone else is going to play CoD or Halo.
Old 2012-11-04, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

A petition isn't going to stop a launch deadline set by a legally bound document. Even delaying it till the end of the year they still wouldn't have enough time to fix everything. Bet you the DEVs are really wanting to take a break. They've been going full throttle for months now. Nov 20th was probably a good date all around to launch for them. They probably had an internal build with what they think the game absolutely needs in mind and once they got to that point they would launch. Well, looks like they are at that point.
Old 2012-11-04, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Arcset
Private

It doesn't hurt to try; I'd rather have the satisfaction of trying and not succeeding than not doing anything at all.
Old 2012-11-04, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
TehCandyMan
Private

Ok never mine me signing this petition, I just found out that this is going to be F2P... I mean I thought when they said F2P they meant like GW2 in that you have to buy the game and then its F2P... But when I was trying to pre-order a box this game I finally came to the realization that you CAN'T!

Sooo my next question is what AAA MMO has actually been successful completly F2P?... I can't come up with a single ONE. I can't even think of a A or AA rated MMO that uses this model and has had success..

So now it just no longer matters to me when this game get's released since it most likely won't have many people playing it anyways. In one year I bet it will have as many people as Battle Field soldiers LAWL.

I finally understand that Roma Victorish Alpha Squad thing now, they are trying to drum up money....

This game has been sent out to die, but instead of the 20th of Nov, it was sent out to die from the jump... You can't honestly sit here and tell me they will release the next EQ as a completly F2P game....

Last edited by TehCandyMan; 2012-11-04 at 05:35 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion