Higby on Air/AA balance.. Is it the fast track to Airside? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: is Addictive
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-29, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Morsong
Sergeant

Re: Higby on Air/AA balance.. Is it the fast track to Airside?

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
One person with AA shouldn't be able to destroy an air vehicle on its own unless the pilot is stupid, that's his point. And i agree with it. I guess for all you VS out there that were so used to camping pads with the Skillfire PS2 has been a bit of an awakening to you guys. The counter to air with ground troops? Teamwork. That's the way it should be, the TR on Waterson we're getting zerged by massive amounts of air at one of the bio labs, no one could get anywhere near. You know what solved it? Archangels rolling up with 20 people. AMS, Burster maxes, HA lock on rockets and engineers. Planetside is about teamwork, not one man armies.
Well said Snipe! That was indeed a fun moment. To fully enjoy PS2 I believe you have to run with a good outfit. If anyone plays solo then they're really missing out on the full potential, especially when it comes to the ground AA. I mostly roll an HA and when I see enemy aircraft a couple other clan members and I will fire out ground AA rockets at them. Some of the enemy aircraft will go down, some will turn tail and run, and sometimes we'll die. That is why PS2 is so much fun though. You never know what will happen.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rat
First Sergeant

I think part of the problem with air being being the hard counter for air, is that air dosent want to fight air. it wants to farm infantry...maybe up the xp gain for air to air kills and lower the xp for infantry kills?
Old 2012-11-29, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Exactly, the people in this thread are thinking about things in a 1vs1 situation. Which in a MMOFPS like PS2 is exactly they way to screw balance up.
Why should someone who certs entirely into air be superior, ten fold, to someone who certs entirely into infantry or ground vehicle? Why is other Air its only weakness? That is the question I think should be answered.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com

Last edited by Tooterfish; 2012-11-29 at 08:14 AM.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

One person with AA shouldn't be able to destroy an air vehicle on its own unless the pilot is stupid, that's his point. And i agree with it. I guess for all you VS out there that were so used to camping pads with the Skillfire PS2 has been a bit of an awakening to you guys. The counter to air with ground troops? Teamwork. That's the way it should be, the TR on Waterson we're getting zerged by massive amounts of air at one of the bio labs, no one could get anywhere near. You know what solved it? Archangels rolling up with 20 people. AMS, Burster maxes, HA lock on rockets and engineers. Planetside is about teamwork, not one man armies.
Agreed.

I fail to see a issue with Higby's comments.

My Galaxy was taken out by single air turret on APPROACH to a Tower yesterday. This is with upgraded armor.

Aircraft are far to easily destroyed from the ground.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-11-29 at 08:18 AM.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Having rockets and after-burners is nothing like flying in a Galaxy.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-11-29, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
I spent the 1,000 cert equivalent in cash for the NC's HAWK, the Anti-Air rocket launcher for the HA. This is, and probably always will be, my biggest regret in Planetside 2 micro-transactions.
funny old world, I'd not give up my TR AA missile launcher for anything except maybe one that was like two AA missile launchers in one

Ground based AA need to work in teams and I have no issue with it as that's what my crew do.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-11-29, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

I am OK with air being the ultimate counter to air but air should not be the ultimate answer to everything else
Old 2012-11-29, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Storn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
They ought to give Light Assault a basic Anti-Air rocket that is useless against land vehicles. It's simple logic. Light Assault are the fastest to go up a building or structure. They are the best troops to match against air spam.

At four rockets base, they won't be overpowered at all.
Loading an anti-air rocket on a light assault would defeat the purpose of them being light assault even if it doesn't hurt ground targets.
Old 2012-11-29, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Storn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Aircraft are far to easily destroyed from the ground.
Sounds like you flew a little to straight. The problem with most pilots is that they forget that the ceiling is 999. I find nap of the earth or going high keeps one safe until you’re ready to engage. Or simple have your pilots hit the guns and pads with rockets before you approach. Like you said it’s all about team work
Old 2012-11-29, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

I was flying Nap in a Galaxy, not a whole lot of maneuverability close to the ground in that beast.

I'd drop my squad from ceiling if they didn't die on impact.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-29, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Storn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I was flying Nap in a Galaxy, not a whole lot of maneuverability close to the ground in that beast.

I'd drop my squad from ceiling if they didn't die on impact.
I hear you!
Old 2012-11-29, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Mavvvy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
They ought to give Light Assault a basic Anti-Air rocket that is useless against land vehicles. It's simple logic. Light Assault are the fastest to go up a building or structure. They are the best troops to match against air spam.

At four rockets base, they won't be overpowered at all.
That's not a bad idea at all!!
Old 2012-11-29, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I'd like ESF to have to coordinate to take out my prowler. Teamwork people...
Old 2012-11-29, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rat
First Sergeant

One thing that bugs me about the infantry ground to air rockets, is that a flare will break the lock of a rocket that hasnt been fired yet, I feel that a lock should only be broken on a rocket that is already in the air.
Even when teaming up with a squad of HA, a single flare can break the lock of a dozen rockets that havent been fired yet.
Old 2012-11-29, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kitsune
Sergeant

Getting bombed?
Call 1-800-AntiAir
We will tell you to get people with AA qualities! The more AA the much stronger your resolve against pesky fighter-bombers! Silly Mosquitoes raining Hellfire Rockets on your garden? No problem! A well placed AA MAX can drive away and or kill those oversized bugs! What? There's more? A few Heavy Assault with homing rockets will save your sunflowers! You will never fear the skies again with the help of your friendly neighborhood AA teams! Call today for your free trial!

Long story short,if you wanna destroy aircraft from the ground, use numbers, that's the point of the game after all, work as a team to capture or defend places...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion